The Student Room Group

Instagram

Should I purposely tag this really cute lad in my Instagram post to gain his attention? He’s liked some of my recent posts. I have him on my Snap but he hasn’t popped up. I’m trying to initiate a convo with him, so I’m wondering if this is the best way.

Scroll to see replies

What's the post of?
Reply 2
Original post by MiracleLeaf
What's the post of?

Myself
Original post by Miaj_27272
Myself

So you'd just tag him in it when he's not in the pic? Idk but I think that's kind of strange

Just message him
Reply 4
So you'd just tag him in it when he's not in the pic? Idk but I think that's kind of strange

Just message him

I tag others lol but there my mates😂 I dunno if to just make an excuse to talk to him like say oh, sorry that tag was a mistake and then try and initiate a conversation from there etc
I tag others lol but there my mates😂 I dunno if to just make an excuse to talk to him like say oh, sorry that tag was a mistake and then try and initiate a conversation from there etc

ohh right haha, yeah go for it, what's the worst that could happen 😂
Reply 6
ohh right haha, yeah go for it, what's the worst that could happen 😂

Yeah aha x
Yeah aha x

How did it go lol?
Should I purposely tag this really cute lad in my Instagram post to gain his attention? ... I’m trying to initiate a convo with him, so I’m wondering if this is the best way.

trying to initiate a conversation in every weird way except for thinking of something to have a conversation about and actually talking him

nice. quality lmao
Reply 9
Original post by HoldThisL
trying to initiate a conversation in every weird way except for thinking of something to have a conversation about and actually talking him

nice. quality lmao

No but When I go to his work place he’s barely there so I have to “shoot my shot” somehow 😂😂😂
How did it go lol?

Haven’t done it yet lol

why not just send him a general 'hey how are you" by direct message and then say

oh, sorry that message was a mistake and then try and initiate a conversation from there etc :holmes:
Seems desperate imo. Just chat to him damn. Why are girls so timid about starting a conversation? My best friend had liked this guy she follows on Insta for YEARS so I encouraged her to message him first and they've been chatting non stop for weeks and have a load of ****e in common. And if he doesn't reply then MOVE ON.
:ditto:
Original post by ForestShadow
why not just send him a general 'hey how are you" by direct message and then say

oh, sorry that message was a mistake and then try and initiate a conversation from there etc :holmes:

Lol I’ve given up now I’d rather just talk to him irl
Lol I’ve given up now I’d rather just talk to him irl

of course thats the best option :lol: take some guts though to be fair, how did it go if you've done it already?
Original post by ForestShadow
of course thats the best option :lol: take some guts though to be fair, how did it go if you've done it already?

I haven’t talked to him irl yet as haven’t had chance to. I’ve tried popping up to him on snap already saying “someone new talk” to give him a chance to pop up to me But he opened it and didn’t respond. 🙄 Why are guys so confusing / hard to understand lol. I don’t know what else to do as he likes my recent photos on insta whenever I post like a cute selfie or something but he hasn’t got the nerve to pop up to me on snap... I just don’t understand 😂😂 any advice ?
Why not just text hey how are u?
i think guys like confidence
Original post by khadija.khatun
Why not just text hey how are u?
i think guys like confidence

Yah but he doesn’t exactly know me tho😂 I don’t wanna put him off or owt with popping up randomly or would that be okay ?
Yah but he doesn’t exactly know me tho😂 I don’t wanna put him off or owt with popping up randomly or would that be okay ?

It's fine you can start it off with hey i just saw your instagram post then relate it to u or something like "i like doing that too" or ask him a question about a post. when u start the convo im sure you'll both ask each loads of random questions and if not at least u know hes not interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending