The Student Room Group

HYMS A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by medic_2020
I have a UCAT score of 2470 with a band 1 in SJ. My GCSES are A*A*A*88777AB and I am predicted 3 As in my A levels. I am considering HYMS, would I have a strong chance of being offered an interview with this academic profile?

Looks good. Specially with the SJT 1.

Best of luck.
My GCSEs r 8877766666
My ucat is a 3040 band 2
Do I stand a chance at gettin an interview?
Do contextual points from a low performing school count if you have a degree from university? I was at a low participation school but then I went to a pretty prestigious uni for my undergrad so I wasn’t sure it would count.
Reply 63
Original post by _michaelcol
Do contextual points from a low performing school count if you have a degree from university? I was at a low participation school but then I went to a pretty prestigious uni for my undergrad so I wasn’t sure it would count.

Not sure about HYMS specifically, but at most unis contextual points do not apply to graduates (as they have already overridden any disadvantages at getting into Higher Education)
Just want to say ABB is not the minimum A level requirement for graduates, the decision is made on an individual basis whether your A level grades and degree combined give you enough biology and chemistry knowledge. For example, I got BBB at A level (Biology, Chemistry, Sociology) but can still apply as I have a degree in Biomedical Materials Science. You have to get approval from the admissions tutor by the 1st October (which has already passed but I am posting this info as it may be relevant for future applicants).
Reply 65
has everybody started interview prep yet?
Original post by med202
has everybody started interview prep yet?

No haha. Noone is sure if they've got any interviews yet
Anyone here got a deferred place for hyms?
Original post by mustards123456

I have! Also got campus allocation of Hull
It would be great to talk to you more can I private message you?
Reply 70

Original post by Natb1503

How? Are you local to Hull/York?
Original post by Exdoz

What do you mean by how?

I’m allocated at York
Original post by Exdoz

When I phoned them and I ended up deferring I asked to be allocated at Hull and stick with the one I was given originally during 2019 entry application. I decided to defer during the summer
Reply 74
When I phoned them and I ended up deferring I asked to be allocated at Hull and stick with the one I was given originally during 2019 entry application. I decided to defer during the summer

Right, so you are a year above
Reply 75
What do you mean by how?

Some people get interviews/offers early as they are local to that uni. Not hard to understand.
Original post by Exdoz
Some people get interviews/offers early as they are local to that uni. Not hard to understand.

Already got an offer mate that’s why I was asking about deferred entry applicants. Don’t need to patronise me about it not being “hard to understand”
Reply 77
Already got an offer mate that’s why I was asking about deferred entry applicants. Don’t need to patronise me about it not being “hard to understand”

No need to assume I was patronising you. If I were to assume too, by you saying "What do you mean by how", I felt you presented yourself in an aggressive way. So don't stand your ground when it is not the other person's fault- you could have been a bit more considerate in response, instead of giving a dull answer. You misunderstood my question. Anyways, congrats on the offer
anyone else had a heart attack with the email about them being in touch soon! not long left
Original post by NamjoonMedic
anyone else had a heart attack with the email about them being in touch soon! not long left

Hahaha me! I was like woah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending