The Student Room Group

Switching Courses at Uni

It's been 2 months since I started University and I'm not enjoying my course at all. It's been a struggle because I have felt this way ever since lectures have started. I was hoping that as the days past I would start to enjoy it but I'm not:frown: To add on, I did a mini-quiz in which I failed.:frown:

I'm currently studying Cancer Science and hoping to switch to "Psychology"
I don't know if it is late to switch courses at this time but I was hoping to get advice on what to do.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
It's been 2 months since I started University and I'm not enjoying my course at all. It's been a struggle because I have felt this way ever since lectures have started. I was hoping that as the days past I would start to enjoy it but I'm not:frown: To add on, I did a mini-quiz in which I failed.:frown:

I don't know if it is late to switch courses at this time but I was hoping to get advice on what to do.

Thanks

Whether you can swap at your university depends on your university's regulations. Have a look at your student handbook or talk to your tutor/student registry to find out if it is possible and what you need to do.

If you can't swap now then ask about suspending your studies and restarting on the new course next september.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Whether you can swap at your university depends on your university's regulations. Have a look at your student handbook or talk to your tutor/student registry to find out if it is possible and what you need to do.

If you can't swap now then ask about suspending your studies and restarting on the new course next september.

Thank you so much for replying and I will have a look!
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks

It might not be too late to switch at this stage. I changed courses after 1st year and was given the option to go straight into the 2nd year of the new course, but this depends on how similar the courses are. However you change course, I would advise you to keep trying to do as well as you can on your current course - having better grades will make it easier for the uni to let you change course, and this will give you more leniency in doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending