The Student Room Group

Work Coach EO interview questions

Hi, can anybody give me any idea of how hard the competency based questions are for Work Coack roles at DWP? Any examples of what people have been asked would be much appreciated. Doing loads of homework but there seems to be so many ways the questions could be put it seems impossible to be fully prepared! Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Hi. Just noticed your post. Have you had your interview yet? If so how did it go?? I have mine on Wednesday for the same role! Really nervous.
Reply 2
Hi, well I feel it didn't go too well. I think I panicked and started answering the questions before I had really thought enough about my answer. The 2 people interviewing were lovely but it's very formal. No general chat or questions just all scripted. The questions probably weren't hard but I just couldn't think quickly enough and I think I was too vague and not specific. Nerves kicked in. I'd say take your time, consult notes, they did allow that but it felt too awkward. Good luck. Which offices are you hoping for?
Original post by Chellebell
Hi, well I feel it didn't go too well. I think I panicked and started answering the questions before I had really thought enough about my answer. The 2 people interviewing were lovely but it's very formal. No general chat or questions just all scripted. The questions probably weren't hard but I just couldn't think quickly enough and I think I was too vague and not specific. Nerves kicked in. I'd say take your time, consult notes, they did allow that but it felt too awkward. Good luck. Which offices are you hoping for?

Hi,

I found this thread via Google, hope you dont mind me jumping in. I interviewed almost 2 weeks ago for a work coach position in County Durham. Found the interview tough but feel I did as well as I could. The wait for the outcome is driving me mad! Which job centres did you select?
Reply 4
Hi,
Of course you can join in. Glad I wasn't the only one who found it tough! I have picked Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Newton Aycliffe, Durham and Crook. What about you?
They said it would be around 5 weeks before results are released! I'm not really bothered as I'm sure I didn't do well enough but it would be nice to be put out of my misery lol.
Hi,
Of course you can join in. Glad I wasn't the only one who found it tough! I have picked Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Newton Aycliffe, Durham and Crook. What about you?
They said it would be around 5 weeks before results are released! I'm not really bothered as I'm sure I didn't do well enough but it would be nice to be put out of my misery lol.

I'm sure you've done better than you think you have. It's easy to be really critical of yourself when you come out of an interview. I heard they only interviewed people who scored 6 or 7 on their personal statements, so I suppose we've done really well to get this far.

I've got a preference for the East Durham areas like Peterlee and Seaham but I said I'd be happy to go to any of them.

My interviewers told me mid November so I'm hoping its sooner rather than later. Im sure the job advert said they want people in post in December, so if that's the case I guess they cant hang around.
Reply 6
Original post by OldKingThistle
I'm sure you've done better than you think you have. It's easy to be really critical of yourself when you come out of an interview. I heard they only interviewed people who scored 6 or 7 on their personal statements, so I suppose we've done really well to get this far.

I've got a preference for the East Durham areas like Peterlee and Seaham but I said I'd be happy to go to any of them.

My interviewers told me mid November so I'm hoping its sooner rather than later. Im sure the job advert said they want people in post in December, so if that's the case I guess they cant hang around.

Yes I did read they hoped to have people in post mid December so maybe it will be quicker than they led me to believe. I hope I did do better than I think but I feel I could have done much better. Hard to judge what they were expecting I suppose. I feel I might be ok on one or two areas but I think you need to score above a 4 in them all to have any chance and be 7's across the board to be in the 1st offers! Well it was a learning curve if nothing else and will set me up a bit better for next time...if there is one lol x
I just had my interview today, found the questions quite difficult even though I applied for another CS job and found the interview quite a bit easier. I was told that I won't hear back until December if I am successful even though they want people to start in December.

I am sure everyone did better than they think they did! :smile:
Yes I did read they hoped to have people in post mid December so maybe it will be quicker than they led me to believe. I hope I did do better than I think but I feel I could have done much better. Hard to judge what they were expecting I suppose. I feel I might be ok on one or two areas but I think you need to score above a 4 in them all to have any chance and be 7's across the board to be in the 1st offers! Well it was a learning curve if nothing else and will set me up a bit better for next time...if there is one lol x

I read a massive thread on here, and there were people who got 4s and 5s and were still offered jobs so I'm trying to stay positive!
There was one particular question that I found quite difficult so I'm hoping my answers to the others will even it out.

I think today was the last set of interviews, fingers crossed they put us out of our misery soon haha.
Original post by S1elyak1
I just had my interview today, found the questions quite difficult even though I applied for another CS job and found the interview quite a bit easier. I was told that I won't hear back until December if I am successful even though they want people to start in December.

Well done on completing your interview! Was it at Durham too? Dont think I could cope I'd they kept us waiting until December haha.
Well done on completing your interview! Was it at Durham too? Dont think I could cope I'd they kept us waiting until December haha.

Thank you, how did you find your interview? No it wasn't it was for the Yorkshire area. December is such a long time!
Thank you, how did you find your interview? No it wasn't it was for the Yorkshire area. December is such a long time!

I found it quite challenging. I would definitely say it's the hardest interview I've had. I just couldn't read the interviewers at all, so it made it hard to gauge how well i think it went. The interviewers were lovely though. Its 2 weeks since my interview this week, as time goes on I'm finding myself analysing and overthinking things a lot more. How do you think yours went?
Reply 12

I read a massive thread on here, and there were people who got 4s and 5s and were still offered jobs so I'm trying to stay positive!
There was one particular question that I found quite difficult so I'm hoping my answers to the others will even it out.

I think today was the last set of interviews, fingers crossed they put us out of our misery soon haha.

Yeah it's hard to tell isn't it? I heard they will take some in December and more in March.
I found it quite challenging. I would definitely say it's the hardest interview I've had. I just couldn't read the interviewers at all, so it made it hard to gauge how well i think it went. The interviewers were lovely though. Its 2 weeks since my interview this week, as time goes on I'm finding myself analysing and overthinking things a lot more. How do you think yours went?

I had the opposite, one of mine was smiling and nodding and the other not so much. I had someone quite high up in DWP interviewing me though 😩 I’m not too sure, I fluffed an answer or two but feel like it could go either way regarding if I’m offered a job or not! Fingers crossed that they don’t leave you waiting much longer until you hear back
Hi there, what questions were you asked in your interview?
Original post by Smithy1717
Hi there, what questions were you asked in your interview?

No one here will tell you that as it would give you an unfair advantage that other applicants won't have. If you look on the job advert it gives you the four competencies that they will be interviewing you against.
No one here will tell you that as it would give you an unfair advantage that other applicants won't have. If you look on the job advert it gives you the four competencies that they will be interviewing you against.

No problem, yep I've got the 4 competencies. cheers
Hi I have my interview next week prepared for the behaviours but can you guys shed some light what strength questions they asked? I heard ones about customer service? Did they ask few strength questions?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Bumble365
Hi I have my interview next week prepared for the behaviours but can you guys shed some light what strength questions they asked? I heard ones about customer service? Did they ask few strength questions?

As mentioned before, I don’t think anyone will answer that, as it may put you at an unfair advantage.
Which area is your application for?

This is definitely the hardest interview I’ve ever been a part of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending