The Student Room Group

people who act like they know it all

who else hates when people pre-read before learning a topic in class. and then act like they know everything in class .. just me lol ?

Scroll to see replies

Yea they’ve only known it for like a day and then act like they’re better than everyone and it’s common knowledge. Like occasionally I’ll pre read before a class but then during the lesson I’ll just play along anyway even if I already know it.
Original post by JakeTSR
Yea they’ve only known it for like a day and then act like they’re better than everyone and it’s common knowledge. Like occasionally I’ll pre read before a class but then during the lesson I’ll just play along anyway even if I already know it.

yes exactly like if you want to pre read then good for you but you don’t have to shove it in people’s faces LOL
If they DO know the content then what's the problem? It's a good thing to engage in classes/lectures.
I thought everyone loves a smart arse.
So conscientious studying is now a problem?
It’s not that they act like they know it all that’s a problem
It’s that they know more than you at that point and it irritates you
There’s nothing wrong with pre-reading but I get what you mean. There’s this guy in my lectures who has something to say every 5 minutes, without him we’d probably finish way earlier 💀💀
Original post by sinfonietta
If they DO know the content then what's the problem? It's a good thing to engage in classes/lectures.

the problem is that certain people unnecessarily try and boast about what they have learnt . there was no reason for them to contribute but they do so because they think they know everything
Original post by OR321
There’s nothing wrong with pre-reading but I get what you mean. There’s this guy in my lectures who has something to say every 5 minutes, without him we’d probably finish way earlier 💀💀

yes thats what im sayig and they dont give others a chance to breath..
Original post by anonymous9748
yes thats what im sayig and they dont give others a chance to breath..

It’s worse coz I have a 10am-6:30 day and he’s in all my lectures/seminars. Pisses me off 😂
the problem is that certain people unnecessarily try and boast about what they have learnt . there was no reason for them to contribute but they do so because they think they know everything

You're coming across as petty and bitter here.

Students should read around the material, ask/answer questions, and show a willingness to engage and discuss the content. Instead of faulting them for it why don't you take it as an example to improve upon your own learning?

Students should read around the material, ask/answer questions, and show a willingness to engage and discuss the content. Instead of faulting them for it why don't you take it as an example to improve upon your own learning?

Hallelujah!

i take it you are one of them
who else hates when people pre-read before learning a topic in class. and then act like they know everything in class .. just me lol ?

LOL I always pre-read the lesson as that's what smart people do... I don't ACT like I know everything.. I just simply learnt what will be taught.. You just seem to be jealous that they do something which you can't be bothered doing..
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
LOL I always pre-read the lesson as that's what smart people do... I don't ACT like I know everything.. I just simply learnt what will be taught.. You just seem to be jealous that they do something which you can't be bothered doing..

thats what smart people do ? i heard smart people revise AFTER learning something in class to keep it in their head . what nonsense
i take it you are one of them

Nah, I spent most of my time in detention for not doing my homework and eventually dropped out of school. Had I been more studious I wouldn't have had to make up for my crap grades with 4yrs of college before even making it to university.
(edited 4 years ago)
Nah, I spent most of my time in detention for not doing my homework and eventually dropped out of school. Had I been more studious I wouldn't have had to make up for my crap grades with 4yrs of college before even making it to university.

you should be proud of yourself
Reply 17
thats what smart people do ? i heard smart people revise AFTER learning something in class to keep it in their head . what nonsense

Not at university-level, no. You do both

I expect my students to have a decent background grasp on what we are gonna cover before I even open my mouth
Original post by gjd800
Not at university-level, no. You do both

I expect my students to have a decent background grasp on what we are gonna cover before I even open my mouth

im not at university XD

LOL.. Here's the thing. It's not always do this OR that.. You can do both..
I would recommend you stop here, otherwise you will add more to your embarrassment.. Have some self-respect lad..

Quick Reply

Latest