The Student Room Group

people who act like they know it all

Scroll to see replies

lol, I understand why you may find it annoying
Original post by anonymous9748
im not at university XD

and I doubt you will ever get passed your Personal Statement...
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
LOL.. Here's the thing. It's not always do this OR that.. You can do both..
I would recommend you stop here, otherwise you will add more to your embarrassment.. Have some self-respect lad..

you must be pretty stupid if you need to do both LOL
Reply 23
im not at university XD

aye

you'll learn
Reply 24
:troll:
Reply 25
Oh boy, how dare they read beforehand! Bloody scoundrels.
Reply 26

obvious nonsense
Reply 27
thats what smart people do ? i heard smart people revise AFTER learning something in class to keep it in their head . what nonsense

Oh I didn't realise they were mutually exclusive options.

Its called smart leaning and revising ... Not being stupid

LOL.. Says a lot about you Lad... Not even bothered to pre-teach yourself and revise it after...
who else hates when people pre-read before learning a topic in class. and then act like they know everything in class .. just me lol ?

You mean when someone puts effort into preparing? How annoying.
thats what smart people do ? i heard smart people revise AFTER learning something in class to keep it in their head . what nonsense

Smart people probably do both.
After all, studying properly, revising well and getting a good result are nothing compared to the musings of a jealous classmate are they?

You must be pretty stupid to think its stupid to do both.
I do both cause it helps you learn the content and understand it better.
Your also saying that its stupid to revise in a certain way which i think is ridiculous, people can study however they want.

Curious to know what your predicted grades are.
And the truth, not the usual 24 a* nonsense
Original post by sinfonietta
If they DO know the content then what's the problem? It's a good thing to engage in classes/lectures.

That’s perfectly true, engagement with the lesson improves our ability to later recall the facts learned from our episodic long term memory. Anyone else do psychology? 😂
Original post by Sammylou40
Curious to know what your predicted grades are.
And the truth, not the usual 24 a* nonsense

don’t have any, in year 12
Reply 36
who else hates when people pre-read before learning a topic in class. and then act like they know everything in class .. just me lol ?

I go through the teaching calendars and do a preread of every topic before, the lesson, then revise it afterwards. There's nothing wrong with doing this. It's what gets you a good grade. Stop complaining and do it yourself and see the results, maybe then you won't mind so much. 'act like they know everything'.... If you preread that's the point, you do know everything beforehand. I do it because I want good grades, not to show off how much I know (although that can be an added bonus), but I would never pretend to know it all naturally, I'd say how I knew it....

Original post by Zain_Ahmed
LOL I always pre-read the lesson as that's what smart people do... I don't ACT like I know everything.. I just simply learnt what will be taught.. You just seem to be jealous that they do something which you can't be bothered doing..

Hello fellow pre-reader :smile:. What subjects are you studying and what level of study are you at?

Original post by sinfonietta
You're coming across as petty and bitter here.

Students should read around the material, ask/answer questions, and show a willingness to engage and discuss the content. Instead of faulting them for it why don't you take it as an example to improve upon your own learning?

Exactly so.
Reply 37

You must be pretty stupid if you actually believe this.
don’t have any, in year 12

Funny. Generally all students have predicted grades.
But I’ll bet the ones who annoy you will have higher ones
Reply 39
Original post by gjd800
Not at university-level, no. You do both

I expect my students to have a decent background grasp on what we are gonna cover before I even open my mouth

Interesting to hear.

My sixth form teachers also expect this of us, especially those of us aiming for As & A*s, especially in Physics, you don't stand a chance without any prep work as the teachers teach the lessons assuming everyone has done the preparation, no topic introductions. What subject do you teach?

Quick Reply

Latest