The Student Room Group

Do my teachers decide whether I sit the higher or foundation papers?

Hello, my mocks are coming up, and I was told by my teachers that If I don't get at least a grade 6, I'll be put on foundation for the real thing. Are they allowed to choose for me? I feel as though I haven't done adequate revision to achieve these grades for my mocks, and I really wanted to do the higher paper.
Reply 1
yep
they said that to us but still let people who got a 5 do a higher.
i think 6 is a bit too high probably a 5, but most of the time they can move you , my science teacher told us that if we get below a 5 we are doing foundation but tbf the tests are quite easy so u can relax
They won’t set you up to fail.
It’s on the schools interest to put you in for an exam you will pass.
And if you know you could have worked harder then hopefully lesson learned
Original post by sickmate
hello, my mocks are coming up, and i was told by my teachers that if i don't get at least a grade 6, i'll be put on foundation for the real thing. Are they allowed to choose for me? I feel as though i haven't done adequate revision to achieve these grades for my mocks, and i really wanted to do the higher paper.

definite yes
Reply 6
I'd say just get revising then. That's about all you can do. If the teachers feel you're not capable of sitting the higher paper then of course they will put you in for foundation; like someone else said, they won't set you up to fail.
Yes, as I have sat foundation tier History GCSE while being in the Higher Tier History class.
Reply 8
Original post by Other_Owl
Yes, as I have sat foundation tier History GCSE while being in the Higher Tier History class.

GCSE History doesn't have tiers (they were last available in 2017 exams).
Original post by Compost
GCSE History doesn't have tiers (they were last available in 2017 exams).

Thjs was in 2011.

Quick Reply

Latest