The Student Room Group

Why do you think girls dont like being stared at but men wouldnt mind if girls stared

Girls dont like being stared at. IMO, guys would probally like it, why do you think this is?

Scroll to see replies

Because we’ve been conditioned to think that men are the enemy, if we receive attention from them, we should be cautious. That’s what we’ve always been told. Men aren’t told to be scared of women at night, are they?

Now don’t mistake this response for agreeing with that fact, it just is exactly that: stereotypical fact.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Because we’ve been conditioned to think that men are the enemy, if we receive attention from them, we should be cautious. That’s what we’ve always been told. Men aren’t told to be scared of women at night, are they?

Now don’t mistake this response for agreeing with that fact, it just is exactly that: stereotypical fact.

I understand that, simple fact is men are generally physically stronger. If Women are conditioned to this extent, what makes them actually want to talk to a guy, get to know them and possibly do other things? If there conditioned to be scared, wouldnt most women be lesbians?
are you serious? so just bc you like it were suppose to aswell?Just delete this post bc it is mad stupid
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by islander2001
are you serious? so just bc you like it were suppose to aswell?Just delete this post bc it is mad stupid

woah, absolutely in no way have implied that AT ALL. do not post please its embarassing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by islander2001
stfu

how old are you lolololololol you act as if your 10
Girls dont like being stared at. IMO, guys would probally like it, why do you think this is?

i always thought no matter the gender if someone stared at you thats just really creepy
I feel like guys probably don't like it as well. I feel uncomfortable because I feel like someone is staring into my soul lmaoo
Reply 9
Original post by PepeTheFroggi
i always thought no matter the gender if someone stared at you thats just really creepy

Sorry i should have been more clear. If someone from the opposite sex stares at you. I tend to believe many, certainly not all, guys wouldnt mind if girls stared at them. Self esteem boost i suppose. However i generally believe girls hate it. Do you think it has something to do with what another poster has said in regards to being conditioned to be scared of men possibly?
Reply 10
Staring is rude full stop
If I got stared at I'd find it creepy as ****
Sorry i should have been more clear. If someone from the opposite sex stares at you. I tend to believe many, certainly not all, guys wouldnt mind if girls stared at them. Self esteem boost i suppose. However i generally believe girls hate it. Do you think it has something to do with what another poster has said in regards to being conditioned to be scared of men possibly?

depends on the person tbh, and the situation. like if some random dude across an empty street is staring at me in the middle of the night id be scared as hell. like who wouldn't? but if i was in a class or something and someone was staring at me id probably just stare back
honestly why does it matter to you?Staring is simply rude
depends on the person tbh, and the situation. like if some random dude across an empty street is staring at me in the middle of the night id be scared as hell. like who wouldn't? but if i was in a class or something and someone was staring at me id probably just stare back

Yeah i agree with the street scenario you say. However, in a nightclub, i think many guys would like it if some really hot girl kept staring at them?
Islander2001, youve now gone anon? how young are you. please leave this thread

so bc I said something that you don't necessarily appreciate I'm too young for this thread ? I am simply saying.yes most guys like to be stared at but most women simply don't like being stared at .Do you not have sisters or auntie's that have experienced man staring at them and complained about it? I assumed this was common knowledge
Yeah i agree with the street scenario you say. However, in a nightclub, i think many guys would like it if some really hot girl kept staring at them?

yh but in a night club a girl would like it if a hot dude was staring at them as well not just exclusive to one gender
yh but in a night club a girl would like it if a hot dude was staring at them as well not just exclusive to one gender

Aha! really? thats interesting to know then, always thought girls ALWAYS hated it. Thanks for the opinion
how old are you lolololololol you act as if your 10

how does my age necessarily concern you?
Aha! really? thats interesting to know then, always thought girls ALWAYS hated it. Thanks for the opinion

mm no some hate some don't depends on the person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending