Bob29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello People!
Hope you have a good day!

I’m in Y10 and just started the Edexcel GCSE Music course.

I am looking for songs to sing for my solo/ensemble or if I don’t , I might play something else. My Vocal Range is around E2-D4 - I am Male.

Any suggestions for duets (Male-Female) that is preferably Grade 5 or above?

Also any suggestions for solo songs, something that is very emotionally rich and meaningful?

Good Day!
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Bob29)
Hello People!
Hope you have a good day!

I’m in Y10 and just started the Edexcel GCSE Music course.

I am looking for songs to sing for my solo/ensemble or if I don’t , I might play something else. My Vocal Range is around E2-D4 - I am Male.

Any suggestions for duets (Male-Female) that is preferably Grade 5 or above?

Also any suggestions for solo songs, something that is very emotionally rich and meaningful?

Good Day!
Hi!
So, I don't know any songs in particular that would be good, however if you look at the Edexcel list of songs, I'm sure that you will find a song that you could use for your solo/ensemble:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...nal-pieces.pdf

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ls-Booklet.pdf

For the second pdf, Voice is on page 240
Hope this helps!
username5021692
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Flow my Tears by Dowland, If Music be the Food of Love by Purcell, Apres un Reve by Faure, any traditional song in your range like Down by the Salley Gardens, Down in Yon Garden or She Moved through the Fair. But I'm not sure these are that emotional, maybe you need some opera arias, but all I can think of is tenor arias right now...

Duets - Time to Say Goodbye/Con te Partiro, All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, With So Little to be Sure of from Anyone Can Whistle

Maybe you could look up what Bryn Terfel sings, he is bass-baritone.
Bob29
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Thanks People!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.75%
No (646)
65.25%

Watched Threads