The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Language RESIT Paper 1 4th November 2019

Scroll to see replies

Yo my friend (not me if you’re asking) only finished the first section and he hasn’t done quesiton 5 ( he’s a slow writer , even with extra time). So chances are that he isn’t going to pass this time round (3rd resit). How can I help him improve his timing. I don’t think he has written enough for the quesitons done.
Original post by LUPINRED
What did you write yours on?

If it’s something wintery then we could get away with it. I put Santa on mine description lmao.

II wrote a story using the setting of the pic :////

I know I didn’t read the question properly, but thank god this wasn’t paper 2 bc with that I would get 0/40, at least with this one I’ll get marks for Lang etc
I got a 6 in English Language in June 2019 and I would like to tell eveyone that it is possible you would have passed becuade the examiners don't expect the world from you . They just expect adequate exam paper . They will do there best to understand what you wrote and the line of argument. I hope you guys revised becuase that will aid you in doing well in the future
Original post by Alayna1234
II wrote a story using the setting of the pic :////

I know I didn’t read the question properly, but thank god this wasn’t paper 2 bc with that I would get 0/40, at least with this one I’ll get marks for Lang etc

Tbh that’s fine really. As long as you’ve got your techniques right too then you should be fine.
Reply 44
Does any one have any idea what the grade boundary might be any chance of it being lower I just had my first exam today
Reply 45
Anyone have any idea of the grade boundary possibly being lower I just sat this exam today
Original post by Miaaaxx
Anyone have any idea of the grade boundary possibly being lower I just sat this exam today

They have increased for the November series but we can’t say for sure because the boundsries are actually based on the attainment of out exams.
Original post by Miaaaxx
Does any one have any idea what the grade boundary might be any chance of it being lower I just had my first exam today

Like person above said. It’s based on how the cohort sitting this exam so.

November exam series tend to have higher grade boundaries because it’s when a lot of adults or non-students sit the test too
tell him to do first q5 then q4
Original post by GAMER12
I got a 6 in English Language in June 2019 and I would like to tell eveyone that it is possible you would have passed becuade the examiners don't expect the world from you . They just expect adequate exam paper . They will do there best to understand what you wrote and the line of argument. I hope you guys revised becuase that will aid you in doing well in the future

What revsions/ techniques did you use cuz I really need a 6 to get into university.
How many ppl have revised for tomorrow?
How many ppl have revised for tomorrow?

i just quit. no point; i cant do english language. lit i get an 8 but for this i get a 5 - no matter how hard i try.

paper 1 felt good but q5 for me was disastrous; all i wanted was a 7 but i dont think ill attain an 8 for this exam to even out my predicted 6 on p1 lol. inshallah luck is on my side.
Original post by vapeboi
i just quit. no point; i cant do english language. lit i get an 8 but for this i get a 5 - no matter how hard i try.

paper 1 felt good but q5 for me was disastrous; all i wanted was a 7 but i dont think ill attain an 8 for this exam to even out my predicted 6 on p1 lol. inshallah luck is on my side.

Dont give up. Try and get as much marks as you can on tomorrow’s paper. Try and start with five tomorrow and see how it goes.
Dont give up. Try and get as much marks as you can on tomorrow’s paper. Try and start with five tomorrow and see how it goes.

will do bro c:
Original post by Maelonax
Hey I’m actually terrified on question 5 it said write a story about this picture (with kid holding the snow globe) or write a description about a beautiful place but now I got home and I’m scared I misread it and it actually said palace. Can someone help

Don’t worry mate, i spent a whole 15min deciding weather if to talk about the globe or the other. Long story short i wrote about the globe, it said something about place where you feel safe and i wrote it about ‘Home’ how people feel safe there and sh*t
How did paper 2 go guys?

I think it went really well.
How did paper 2 go guys?

I think it went really well.

Was not expecting Elephants man, question 2 was hard. Wrote how the crowed influenced the officer making him think things
Original post by Hamza_47
Was not expecting Elephants man, question 2 was hard. Wrote how the crowed influenced the officer making him think things

I’m pretty sure I got around 5-6 marks on that one
Q2 I wrote about the language effects. The writer used phrases and words to make the crowd view him as a performer - actor, magic tricks or whatever it said! I rambled on a bit.
I found question 4 the hardest.
Original post by Hamza_47

I will concur that I did the same..
Orwell basically was forced into a position to act and due to the pressure from the crowd did not want to dent his ego even if it went against his judgement.. Bloody hard question to be honest and when I looked over what I wrote at the end of the exam I did have to make a fair few adjustments and even then I thought I did a poor job of compiling what I wanted to say.

My issue is I have the hand writing standard of a 4 year old doctor and my brain is about two lines ahead of my hand!!!.

For Question 5 paper one I also wrote about a mountain scene, the picture with the snow globe did absolutely nothing for me in regards to viable ideas. In my case I wrote about K2 in the Karakoram mountain range,.

Paper one
Ref the Skiers and if Zoe acted quickly enough I basically just went with the premise that we was not aware of her experience level from the text and due to the line that, "she tried to remember something about putting her arms out" (or words to that affect) It showed someone that only reacted when it was blatantly obvious it was all going wrong and she did not understand the subtle warning signs that happened previously ref her having to take the "Fall line" when the snow moved. She reacted I believe in time but her lack of experience was what caused here to be Avalanched, she did not understand what was happening prior to that.

I half expect the poor soul that has to mark my diatribe to simply put "Who is this clown and why does his writing resemble ancient Egyptian Algerbra"

If I managed a grade 4 I will be very surprised to be honest,...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending