The Student Room Group

How to hit 150g protein with £23 per week on food

Scroll to see replies

Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Probably getting ripped off with their prices. Try the bulk suppliers like MyProtein, Bodybuilding Warehouse etc.

Its usually 13 quid for the 900g 1 for me

Ill keep them in mind ty
Original post by davesantana
Its usually 13 quid for the 900g 1 for me

Ill keep them in mind ty

Yeah, go for larger quantities from bulk suppliers like 5kg bags, you'll save money in the long run plus a lot of their flavours are actually really nice. Go straight through their websites as they typically have deals on that really bring the price down.
Yeah, go for larger quantities from bulk suppliers like 5kg bags, you'll save money in the long run plus a lot of their flavours are actually really nice. Go straight through their websites as they typically have deals on that really bring the price down.

They're always having offers on the 5kg unflavoured one at MyProtein - plus they offer a good Unidays discount. Bit of banana Nesquik, couple of ice cubes, chuck it in the nutribullet and chug it down. Job done.

Woah myprotein have clothes 2?? They look cool ngl

The 3kg r like 60 quid and their 900g is same price as HB tbh ill look at othrr sites
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, let's say I have an 5 eggs and slices of chicken(half chicken slices from this cooked pack is 20g). That's like 50g.
Ill have the 2 scoops of protein powder during lectures as a snack. Which is 40g from MyProtein
Then chicken breast and rice with veg OR pasta and mince, which is around 30g I think
Then the snack u suggested, but how much protein does peanut butter have? never tried it, probs should have it with some fruits too right?
now it's around 120g or 130g assuming the toast and peanut butter has 10g
so whats the last meal? I can't think of anything tbh. I would be tired and should have a lot of work to do so I don't think I can do a lot of cooking

I weight 81kg btw
I don't think 0.7g per lbs is enough rlly because I go in a progressive overload and my lifts didn't really change
this was a 2 years ago and had 130g a day and didn't improve much when I was 16
bench went only went from 90kg to 92.5kg
deadlift went from 190kg to 200kg
squats went from 145kg to 150kg

this was in the span of 1 year, took a year break and now I want to make a change because I got a little fat too. But I lost weight and want to gain strength again. I would prefer not to go in a caloric surplus because I just don't feel like eating a lot.

Maybe you need a new workout regime.
Original post by Anonymous
As above, I wanna see if I can make that work with limited money due to being a student. And I don't have a lot of time to cook tho due to studying as I'm finding my course quite difficult atm.

lentils and rice is a good high calorie/protein and very cheap too. private message me for the recipe

black beans and rice
eggs
Greek yoghurt
nuts
coconut oil, one table spoon has around 117 calories
whey protein
milk

that's all I can think of for now lol

Nvm found 4kg for 30 quid. Gonna get that in a couple weeks

If you have £23 per week then you should try cooking in bulk too where possible. You can bulk buy chicken etc and freeze meals. The more you buy the cheaper it gets
I regularly feed a family of 4 adults on around £60 per week so it’s easily possible to eat well and meet your targets. Try shopping monthly for basics
(edited 4 years ago)
Woah myprotein have clothes 2?? They look cool ngl

The 3kg r like 60 quid and their 900g is same price as HB tbh ill look at othrr sites

MyProtein don't do 900g or 3kg quantities lol, you looking at the right site mate :lol: Their 5kg bags are £64, 25% off marked price atm makes that £48.
Who's doing 4kg for £30 atm?
Original post by Sammylou40
If you have £23 per week then you should try cooking in bulk too where possible. You can bulk buy chicken etc and freeze meals. The more you buy the cheaper it gets

I usually get my mom to buy the meat. Atm im eating pasta and pesto from aldi and having 150g everyday as an extra meal to surplus my recommended calorie

Think u confused me with skme1 else im a college student ahha
MyProtein don't do 900g or 3kg quantities lol, you looking at the right site mate :lol: Their 5kg bags are £64, 25% off marked price atm makes that £48.
Who's doing 4kg for £30 atm?

That bodybuilding warehouse web. I think 4kg 30 quid is more worth than 5k 48 quid am i right
Original post by SuperHuman98
Yep and I buy from my protein where flavoured is same price as unflavoured. Strawberry cream flavour ftw.

Btw I can’t imagine drinking unflavoured protein would probably have to down it

Yeah just been having a look and all prices are the same now. Might as well go flavoured then lol. Unflavoured tastes a bit malty, not bad. I usually buy flavoured though anyway just cause it's more enjoyable. I'm on Cinnamon Danish atm, so good :coma:
That bodybuilding warehouse web. I think 4kg 30 quid is more worth than 5k 48 quid am i right

Do you have a link to that product? I can't even see that quantity on their site lol.
Lol just found 5k for 25 apparently
https://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/the-bulk-protein-company-serious-gainz-5kg?prod=B142-C&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtf_tBRDtARIsAIbAKe1JFamWZjRh79m8EMDmcWwBUtw57TquXe-_Pem0w1I5dwYtPJ_OBscaAkqVEALw_wcB

Do you have a link to that product? I can't even see that quantity on their site lol.

Sh** 1k calories for 2 scoops. Is it the right 1?
(edited 4 years ago)
I usually get my mom to buy the meat. Atm im eating pasta and pesto from aldi and having 150g everyday as an extra meal to surplus my recommended calorie

Think u confused me with skme1 else im a college student ahha

Yes. With the op.
Sorry. I’m old and tired!
However, it’s good advice. Best it in mind for the future!!

Ah. You're looking at mass gainers, mate. You're getting much less protein per scoop with those making them less cost effective in terms of protein per gram, plus you're getting loads of other crap along with it - mass gainers are basically low quality protein and cheap wholesale milkshake powder and maltodextrin.

Look for a whey protein. Impact Whey from MyProtein is my choice.
Ah. You're looking at mass gainers, mate. You're getting much less protein per scoop with those making them less cost effective in terms of protein per gram, plus you're getting loads of other crap along with it - mass gainers are basically low quality protein and cheap wholesale milkshake powder and maltodextrin.

Look for a whey protein. Impact Whey from MyProtein is my choice.

https://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/search/?q=whey%20protein

Wb this. Ye ill take a look at them. Got happy for a sec aha.
Reply 37
Red lentils. Learn to make a chickpea and lentil Dahl. Good meal prep option.
https://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/search/?q=whey%20protein

Wb this. Ye ill take a look at them. Got happy for a sec aha.

You've just linked me to a search lol. Either way though, MyProtein's Impact Whey is cheaper than theirs atm.
You've just linked me to a search lol. Either way though, MyProtein's Impact Whey is cheaper than theirs atm.

Screenshot_20191104-224922_Chrome.jpg ill search for them now

Quick Reply

Latest