The Student Room Group

Pads or Tampons?

Which do you prefer and why? Recently I started tampax lites. Tampons are comfortable than pads but tampons scare me at the same time. I’m thinking to go back to pads. I know tss is super rare but sometimes you will never know. The person who gets it might be you.
Currently, pads.
I used tampons for years but was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and for some reason a tampon feels uncomfortable. And I’m no longer as flexible when it comes to insertion. Add to that the menopause and getting caught out, I just prefer pads
It all depends tbh. Tampons - if I’m on holiday or if I go swimming and have my period. Pads - just feel less stressed in not having to remember changing them as frequent as the tampons
pads, I'm not allowing anything inside my secret parts...

except my future husband.😬
still absolutely no idea how to get a tampon in 🤷🏻
but I absolutely hate pads - they can get so uncomfortable
(edited 4 years ago)
I have to use both together.
Tampons definitely, it hurts a little when you put it on but pads for me always move around causing blood to stain everything and I feel like you can actually see the pad shape you know? So yeh tampons
Reply 7
Original post by Ellietacobell
Tampons definitely, it hurts a little when you put it on but pads for me always move around causing blood to stain everything and I feel like you can actually see the pad shape you know? So yeh tampons

Are you not scared about TSS?
Original post by Mimi5874

It is incredibly, incredibly rare
Reply 9
Original post by black tea
It is incredibly, incredibly rare

I know but still? What if that person is you? You will never know
Pads.

It is incredibly rare. I am far more likely to be run over by a bus or choking on my twix

There has literally been a handful of cases and not all of them were caused by tampons. You are more likely to get cancer from taking the pill than you are from getting TSS from using tampons.

No, because I’m not going to leave a dirty tampon up there for more than a few hours
Reply 14
Original post by Ellietacobell
No, because I’m not going to leave a dirty tampon up there for more than a few hours

How long do you keep it in for? When I use tampons I change them every 3-4hrs.
Yeah around 3-4 hours
Reply 16
Pads, never have and never will use tampons i reckon :smile:

Make sure it isn’t you, it’s not that hard as long as you’re hygienic and use common sense

Quick Reply

Latest