The Student Room Group

Ask About Graduate Schemes!

Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, wanted to inquire about UFLP. I have a old Unilever careers account and have applied twice for the UFLP Program, unsuccessful both times. I wanted know that will making a new account be beneficial for me in the sense that I would apply as a fresh candidate. If any inherent bias in the Pymetrics AI would be flushed, this is my theory. What do you suggest.
Reply 2
Hey I’ve recently applied for the traineeship at Willmott Dixon and I was wondering how long do you think it would take them to reply and also some of things they would be looking for ???
Original post by hzk17
Hello, wanted to inquire about UFLP. I have a old Unilever careers account and have applied twice for the UFLP Program, unsuccessful both times. I wanted know that will making a new account be beneficial for me in the sense that I would apply as a fresh candidate. If any inherent bias in the Pymetrics AI would be flushed, this is my theory. What do you suggest.

Personally I’d just continue using your existing account - it’s likrly they’d be able to link them anyway if you created a new one, given your details would be largely the same! I don’t think there should be any AI bias based on your previous applications, though without knowing more about the process I can’t be certain.

Original post by AThaqi
Hey I’ve recently applied for the traineeship at Willmott Dixon and I was wondering how long do you think it would take them to reply and also some of things they would be looking for ???

Hey - I’ve not experienced this company so I can’t give you specifics, but in general it can take a few months for companies to get back to you sometimes, especially if the deadline isn’t for a while! Generally speaking, companies will be looking for candidates that have similar values to their own, and meet the skills they need - I’d suggest doing some research on the company and their values, and having a think about if and how you meet those :smile:
Any idea where I can find practice Pymetrics tests?
Original post by OLS151294
Any idea where I can find practice Pymetrics tests?

Hey, you should be able to find some info about that here :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/jobs/graduate/graduate-schemes-aptitude-tests
Is it possbile to apply for a Grad Scheme when it's over 2yrs following your graduation ? Or automatically rejected ? Any hope for 2017 graduates to get onto one if they didn't, or have they simply missed the boat? Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous370
Is it possbile to apply for a Grad Scheme when it's over 2yrs following your graduation ? Or automatically rejected ? Any hope for 2017 graduates to get onto one if they didn't, or have they simply missed the boat? Thanks.

It will depend somewhat on the scheme in question, but in general I believe you should still be able to apply! Best of luck with it :hugs:
Original post by shadowdweller
Got a question about graduate schemes? Ask it here, and get it answered :biggrin:

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are well.

I haven't really been able to find information on what I am about to ask online, so I will post it here in hopes of getting a rough idea on how I should approach this situation.

I have recently graduated with a 2.1 Bachelors degree and I will be going on to do a 12-month masters study at LSE come September 2019 and will only finish on 23rd September 2020, the following year.

I am also very keen on applying for Graduate Schemes/Jobs for the 2020 intake where many of them start work in the months of August/September 2020. I am aware that the dissertation submission will be September 2020 (in the post summer term at LSE). However my main concern is whether I would still be able to apply for Graduate Job/Schemes for the 2020 intake, or would I be not allowed, even if I aim to complete my dissertation by August 2020?

Would the graduate schemes for the 2020 batch take into account my Bachelors degree (BA) grade, because I would not have received my masters degree grade until November, in time for the winter graduation period?

Any advice/help is much appreciated!!

Thank you
Original post by starwars123
Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are well.

I haven't really been able to find information on what I am about to ask online, so I will post it here in hopes of getting a rough idea on how I should approach this situation.

I have recently graduated with a 2.1 Bachelors degree and I will be going on to do a 12-month masters study at LSE come September 2019 and will only finish on 23rd September 2020, the following year.

I am also very keen on applying for Graduate Schemes/Jobs for the 2020 intake where many of them start work in the months of August/September 2020. I am aware that the dissertation submission will be September 2020 (in the post summer term at LSE). However my main concern is whether I would still be able to apply for Graduate Job/Schemes for the 2020 intake, or would I be not allowed, even if I aim to complete my dissertation by August 2020?

Would the graduate schemes for the 2020 batch take into account my Bachelors degree (BA) grade, because I would not have received my masters degree grade until November, in time for the winter graduation period?

Any advice/help is much appreciated!!

Thank you

Will you have an idea of the grade you expect to get? If so, you could apply with your predicated grade? :smile:
Reply 10
When do you start applying for graduate schemes? How do you find them? I'm so confused, my uni hasn't been very supportive, I know where I want to go in terms of location (I ideally will be living in the midlands after I graduate as that's where my partner works) but all graduate schemes I've googled are in London or other big cities, how do I find one in a smaller city? I'm so confused lol
Original post by yaaaas
When do you start applying for graduate schemes? How do you find them? I'm so confused, my uni hasn't been very supportive, I know where I want to go in terms of location (I ideally will be living in the midlands after I graduate as that's where my partner works) but all graduate schemes I've googled are in London or other big cities, how do I find one in a smaller city? I'm so confused lol

Any time from now really! More schemes will start opening from September, but there will still be some available now :yep:

What sector/roles are you looking for? I'll try to send some resources your way!
Reply 12
Any time from now really! More schemes will start opening from September, but there will still be some available now :yep:

What sector/roles are you looking for? I'll try to send some resources your way!

I am graduating with a degree in Business Management and Marketing so anything management, marketing, HR, accounting related. My partner has got a job in Hereford and ideally I would want to work there as well, but as it is a town rather than a large city, I struggle to find anything at all! Is there even any businesses in Hereford that run graduate schemes? So Birmingham would do if I can't find anything around Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester sort of thing. I would be extremely grateful for some help/sources
Original post by yaaaas
I am graduating with a degree in Business Management and Marketing so anything management, marketing, HR, accounting related. My partner has got a job in Hereford and ideally I would want to work there as well, but as it is a town rather than a large city, I struggle to find anything at all! Is there even any businesses in Hereford that run graduate schemes? So Birmingham would do if I can't find anything around Hereford/Worcester/Gloucester sort of thing. I would be extremely grateful for some help/sources

Having had a bit of a scour, are any of these suitable?

I know some of the roles listed in each link might not be suitable, but I think some will be! :biggrin:
Hi there,

Can anyone send me any tips or tricks about passing the online test stages in verbal reasoning and situational judgment?

Thank you
Hi I can’t get past the situational judgement tests, and I’m not sure where to find graduate schemes other than searching on google, TARGETjobs and milkround, are there any other places ?
Original post by MadMaths
Hi I can’t get past the situational judgement tests, and I’m not sure where to find graduate schemes other than searching on google, TARGETjobs and milkround, are there any other places ?

Hey, what sector are you looking for graduate schemes in? :biggrin:
Hey, what sector are you looking for graduate schemes in? :biggrin:

Dsts science, actuary anything Stem subject related
Original post by MadMaths
Dsts science, actuary anything Stem subject related

Assuming you mean data science here, but please let me know if that's incorrect, and I'll update the info! :biggrin:

So I looked at CompSci grad schemes in the following places:

Broadly speaking, a CompSci page should have at least some data science roles, and those sites should also have more specific results if you search 'data science' instead! :yep:

I also had a fair bit of luck with the job board at my uni, which pulled together a bunch of relevant grad schemes from around the country. Might be worth looking if your uni has the same? :holmes:
Assuming you mean data science here, but please let me know if that's incorrect, and I'll update the info! :biggrin:

So I looked at CompSci grad schemes in the following places:

Broadly speaking, a CompSci page should have at least some data science roles, and those sites should also have more specific results if you search 'data science' instead! :yep:

I also had a fair bit of luck with the job board at my uni, which pulled together a bunch of relevant grad schemes from around the country. Might be worth looking if your uni has the same? :holmes:

Thanks, yes I meant data science, I can't look at uni as I am not longer at uni so I will have to do it myself
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest