The Student Room Group

Sheffield A100 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

does sheffield publish their cut off for interview on their website? If so when should we expect it to be up?
Original post by pseudo123
does sheffield publish their cut off for interview on their website? If so when should we expect it to be up?

They did last year so I would expect so. They've said all interview invites will be sent by the end of next week according to their published timetable.
322E096A-2411-4D15-8B74-6FEE59A89CF7.png
Is this the 2020 entry ucat cut off? If so it seems very low, that’s why I’m not sure if it’s the right thing!
Original post by Annieharrison
Is this the 2020 entry ucat cut off? If so it seems very low, that’s why I’m not sure if it’s the right thing!

That is just what is needed for your application to not get a straight rejection, they rank everyone who has met or exceeded this then decide a cut off based on how many they want to interview. That would be great if it were the real cut off!
Original post by Annieharrison

In 2017-18 the cut off for interview was 2690 (minimum threshold was 2460)
In 2018-19 the cut off for interview was 2630 (minimum threshold was 2470)
Its (reasonably) safe to assume the cut off for this year will be around the 70th-73rd percentile (as stated on their website). So this means the cut off could be around 2610/2630 for this year based off the information provided.
Original post by ellierwo
That is just what is needed for your application to not get a straight rejection, they rank everyone who has met or exceeded this then decide a cut off based on how many they want to interview. That would be great if it were the real cut off!

Oh haha thank you! I did think it was strange!
Reply 86
Original post by pseudo123

Their website states "Successful applicants can expect by 15.11.2019 to receive an email from the Medical School admissions team (not UCAS) inviting them to attend an interview. Unsuccessful applicants can expect to be notified via UCAS by approximately 20.12.2019."
It is generally around this time they publish their cut off (they are usually the first med school to make this public by a considerable distance)
Reply 87
Anyone heard back from Sheffield???
Reply 88
Has anyone recieved an interview yet?
Reply 89
Original post by unagdi
Has anyone recieved an interview yet?

I haven't and it's driving me crazy, I keep refreshing my mail every minute!
Original post by adrianamartin47
I haven't and it's driving me crazy, I keep refreshing my mail every minute!

The email said u should expect to get invitation between 12-16 Nov. Hope this helps.
No invitation yet. Got 3130 so hope to get it soon!
Reply 92
Last year the invitations did not go out in UCAT order, seemed random. It is a pity we don't have Julian on here giving updates this year, that was great last year.
Original post by Anand3761
No invitation yet. Got 3130 so hope to get it soon!

wow, 3130 so high. Sure to get offers from all 4 schools. My friend gotten 3030 two years ago and she has offers from Edinburgh, Imperial, St Barts and Kings, She was under international quota.

Which 4 school did u apply to?
Reply 94
Looking back at last year’s thread it looks like the UCAT cut point was published before all the interviews were sent out. Published on “what happens to your application”. Worth checking on that page for updates throughout the application process.
Original post by celine ng
wow, 3130 so high. Sure to get offers from all 4 schools. My friend gotten 3030 two years ago and she has offers from Edinburgh, Imperial, St Barts and Kings, She was under international quota.

Which 4 school did u apply to?

Sheffield, Birmingham, Leicster and Manchester! Wbu? I’m still nervous for everything until I get interviews and they’re stressful in themselves!!
Original post by Anand3761
Sheffield, Birmingham, Leicster and Manchester! Wbu? I’m still nervous for everything until I get interviews and they’re stressful in themselves!!

sheffield, manchester and 2 bmat schools. Why did u not apply to King's or St Barts with your high score?
Reply 97
sheffield, manchester and 2 bmat schools. Why did u not apply to King's or St Barts with your high score?

Having a good score means @Anand3761 can apply to med schools they like, rather than having to settle for places like Kings or Barts!
Reply 98

Leicester and Birmingham are also UCAT, not BMAT and great medical schools. Lots of people deliberately avoid London as it is a very different university experience.
Original post by TCL
Last year the invitations did not go out in UCAT order, seemed random. It is a pity we don't have Julian on here giving updates this year, that was great last year.

What happened to Julian? Is he no longer at Sheffield?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending