The Student Room Group

Who are you voting for?

I’m curious 🧐 I keep seeing polls and stuff for it but let’s see.

I’m voting Labour

Scroll to see replies

Conservatives
ukip
Reply 3
Original post by ethancruise15
Conservatives

Cool, do you want to expand on why?

I’m voting for labour because their policies line up with the changes I want to see.
Reply 4
Original post by polyanmogu69
ukip

Oh okay, would you like to expand on why?

I personally think that’s a wasted vote. A vote on UKIP or Brexit party is a vote wasted since let’s be honest, the real competitors here that hold a chance is conservatives, labour and libdems.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Alayna1234
Cool, do you want to expand on why?

I’m voting for labour because their policies line up with the changes I want to see.

I'm voting Conservative as I think Corbyn would be a disastrous Prime Minister, a vote to keep him out really.
Reply 6
Brexit Party.

I'm anti-EU and I want a hard(ish) brexit and I live in a fairly safe Labour constituency.
Reply 7
Labour
Reply 8
I'm voting Conservative as I think Corbyn would be a disastrous Prime Minister, a vote to keep him out really.

We have a disastrous prime minister already though.

In what ways do you think Boris is better then corbyn?

I see the points ppl are making with corbyn increasing taxes etc but Boris is awful as an individual and as a president.

What do you, as a conservative voter think puts corbyn even at a lower level then Boris?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Arran90
Brexit Party.

I'm anti-EU and I want a hard(ish) brexit and I live in a fairly safe Labour constituency.

Is there a reason why you want a hard Brexit? Considering the heavy negative impact it could have?

Though I do personally think votes on Brexit party or UKIP are wasted since they have no chance in joining the competition at all.

Realistically conservative, labour or maybe libdems could win...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Santaq
Labour

Ayyyyeeee, what are your reasons ?
Conservatives.

Simply not interested in Labour (for, against, in the middle time-wasting more delay and dither.) The where's wally of spending commitments of tax and spend.
Brexit Party - Like Nigel Farage but don't want to split the leave vote and allow another chance for the Lib Dems to sneak up behind.
Lib Dems - Doesn't interest me a party that held the Conservatives back in the coalition. Likes of Nick Clegg, Vince Cable now Jo Swinson is another can of worms we don't need wasting the economy.

The Conservatives are really the only party able with a stronger leader than Theresa May, not saying that Boris Johnson is not a liar - all politicians are or they have their hands tied by Parliament a lot of the time after promising the earth - but he is a fully capable leader to defend the UK to get Brexit done.
(edited 4 years ago)
Boris is controversial, bombastic and unlike others in the party, but he is resolute in what he wants to achieve; Brexit at any cost. Also, he's not extreme by any measure, he intends to deliver something that 52% of voters asked for. Corbyn, however, represents a minority of the population. I admire that the Labour Party has delivered some incredible social change over its history, but marginalizing anyone interested in building wealth for themselves has caused him to be seen as a neo-communist. In addition to his handling of antisemitism within his party, I don't think he represents a majority of the nation's views.
Labour
Boris is controversial, bombastic and unlike others in the party, but he is resolute in what he wants to achieve; Brexit at any cost. Also, he's not extreme by any measure, he intends to deliver something that 52% of voters asked for. Corbyn, however, represents a minority of the population. I admire that the Labour Party has delivered some incredible social change over its history, but marginalizing anyone interested in building wealth for themselves has caused him to be seen as a neo-communist. In addition to his handling of antisemitism within his party, I don't think he represents a majority of the nation's views.

I think this is a common opinion among conservative voters, they’re voting conservative bc they just want brexit to be done. Will Boris get Brexit done as quick as possible? Most likely. Will it be a good deal? No, most likely not.

It seems the conservative also share the option that corbyn are after the wealthy part of the population but that isn’t the case. He is not marginalising those who wish to build a wealth, he is marginalising those that accumulate great wealth while evading taxes and doing so in a way that isn’t right. As well as that, labour does not represent the minority, it is conservatives that do. If labour stands by the policies and the people they’re targeting then they are representing the many.

While conservatives are more adhered to the minority aka the wealthy population, which tbh isn’t that different to any other countries where the rich people have politicians like the conservatives at their tails.

I can’t help but see that every conservative have their own interests at hand and seem to be blind on the effect of 10 years of Troy government has done, especially to those which are the most vulnerable in our society.

The anti-semitism issue is false. Yet again, it seems that any criticism of an individual who is a Jew is quickly labelled as anti-semitism and ofc the media was quick to jump on it and change the narrative and make the issuer bigger.

While we have Boris who’s done awful awful things with full evidence out there.

I respect your opinion though, thank you for sharing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Labour
Original post by Kevin766
Conservatives.

Simply not interested in Labour (for, against, in the middle time-wasting more delay and dither.) The where's wally of spending commitments of tax and spend.
Brexit Party - Like Nigel Farage but don't want to split the leave vote and allow another chance for the Lib Dems to sneak up behind.
Lib Dems - Doesn't interest me a party that held the Conservatives back in the coalition. Likes of Nick Clegg, Vince Cable now Jo Swinson is another can of worms we don't need wasting the economy.

The Conservatives are really the only party able with a stronger leader than Theresa May, not saying that Boris Johnson is not a liar - all politicians are or they have their hands tied by Parliament a lot of the time after promising the earth - but he is a fully capable leader to defend the UK to get Brexit done.

I’m sorry but Boris Hohnoson is not a strong contender.

He got voted on by 0.3% of the population as a prime minister and he is not capable of getting Brexit done without getting a sht deal.

Will he get it done quickly? Yes.

Will he get us a good deal though? No.

I just don’t think people should let their opinion on Brexit steer their vote on this election. This is more then just Brexit.

Brexit will be done sooner or later, this election is more about ending the Tory government and austerity.
most likely labour, as they have the most chance in my constituency to beat the conservatives
Original post by Alayna1234
I’m sorry but Boris Hohnoson is not a strong contender.

He got voted on by 0.3% of the population as a prime minister and he is not capable of getting Brexit done without getting a sht deal.

Will he get it done quickly? Yes.

Will he get us a good deal though? No.

I just don’t think people should let their opinion on Brexit steer their vote on this election. This is more then just Brexit.

Brexit will be done sooner or later, this election is more about ending the Tory government and austerity.

Just because you have started a conversation to encourage voting preference, I urge an open mind on others voting against your beloved labour leaders party.

Austerity was required to balance the books where the last labour government would’ve taken the country to the brink of a black hole to loose vital services. Fiscal responsibility isn’t in labours manfesto. It’s to nationalise the entire country into the dark ages.
Original post by Kevin766
Just because you have started a conversation to encourage voting preference, I urge an open mind on others voting against your beloved labour leaders party.

Austerity was required to balance the books where the last labour government would’ve taken the country to the brink of a black hole to loose vital services. Fiscal responsibility isn’t in labours manfesto. It’s to nationalise the entire country into the dark ages.

I understand that. No need to get snarky, I’m aware labour isn’t perfect, of course they aren’t, no politician is ever, but they are significantly better then the leaders conservatives have had.

You’re assuming what labour would have done again from your biased view. you think austerity was the best option? Your beloved conservative leader has only a minority of the populations interest at hand and has already brought the country to the brink of a black hole.

Conservatives do not care about protecting the vulnerable in our society or being a support system to the citizens of the UK. They’re more interested in filling the pockets of the rich and finding many interesting ways to somehow put the country in an even worse state.

The UK has never been worse then it has under the Tory government.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending