The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University 2020 Applicant Thread

Hey everyone! :wavey: Are you applying to De Montfort University for 2020 entry?

This thread is for applicants to chat and meet with other applicants during the application process. :thumbsup:

:woo: For more applicant threads, please check this huge list of 2020 applicant threads HERE! :woo:

Here's a template to introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like :redface:

What course are you applying for:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your application! :rave:
@Puddles the Monkey

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

What a great thread to start! We are looking forward to hearing from all the applicants :smile:

If you have any questions about the application process or De Montfort University you can drop them here as well and I will try my best to help you with any enquiries. Applying to universities can be stressful so don't hesitate and ask about anything you're unsure of.
Good luck everyone!

- Dominika, 3rd year student at DMU
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Heya I’m Devin,

What course are you applying for: human rights law and social justice
What other universities are you thinking of: Kingston, Middlesex, Kent, Bradford
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: ABB
GCSE and AS grades: AD- oops
7,9,8,6,6,6,7,9,A,A

Offered an unconditional if firmed a few days ago and I’m over the moon!
Applied for business management and got an unconditional! 🤗
Reply 4
Hi everyone, I am hoping to study architecture at DMU and really want an unconditional if i can,my predicted grades are BBB+B in EPQ. Do you think this would be achievable?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by as.xo
Hi everyone, I am hoping to study architecture at DMU and really want an unconditional if i can,my predicted grades are BBB+B in EPQ. Do you think this would be achievable?

Hello as.xo,
I read your message. We have some open days on 9th November, 7th December and 11th January. There's some info about the course on the following link.
https://www.dmu.ac.uk//study/courses/undergraduate-courses/architecture-ba-degree/architecture-ba-degree.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwoqDtBRD-ARIsAL4pviAFR1iHWEkzA4xaPDmOY87Tjvhh9StzDZ2IkWQaao10Oy4V8ZU_YWQaAs3JEALw_wcB
Alternatively, you can call the uni for more info.
Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jon
Hey! I'm Molly and I'm applying for journalism and creative writing (joint honours) at DMU and the same course at Leicester and Derby (I want to stay in the Midlands so I can commute) :smile:
Are there many mature students/commuters at DMU? I'm only 21 but don't want to be the only one who isn't 18 lol!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I'm Molly and I'm applying for journalism and creative writing (joint honours) at DMU and the same course at Leicester and Derby (I want to stay in the Midlands so I can commute) :smile:
Are there many mature students/commuters at DMU? I'm only 21 but don't want to be the only one who isn't 18 lol!

Hi Molly!

There are plenty of mature students and commuters with us! A quarter of all DMU students are mature students so you should be fine. Not everyone goes straight to university after A-Levels/BTECH as I imagine you went through something similar. Trust me, you won't be the only one at all.

For instance, I'm a third-year Film Studies student and lots of people I know commute from other places, especially the Midlands. We also have mature students on my course for people who have discovered a late passion for filmmaking and film theory.

DMU is great at being inclusive even if you're not there for the so-called "university experience". There is more information through this link about attending DMU as a mature student:
https://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/undergraduate-study/student-support/advice-and-guidance-for-mature-students/advice-and-guidance-for-mature-students.aspx

I hope this helps! Good luck with your application and let me know if you have any other queries :smile:

- Niamh
Reply 8
hey i just got offered an unconditional if firm aswell for cosmetic and pharm science and im so excited but also kinda scared have you got any other offers from your other options. I applied to nottingham trent, sunderland, liverpool john moores and reading for biochem, cosmetic science and chemistry with cosmetic science. and ive only got one other offer from LJM so far. so scary ahhhhh x
(edited 4 years ago)
Hey I’m Floyd I’ve applied for broadcast Journalism at De Montfort, I’ve only just this morning been giving an unconditional offer if I make de Montfort my firm choice so I’m so happy. Can’t see myself rejecting it at this point. Was just wondering who else is applying and if anyone has a similar experience to get to know each other (:
Hi applied for DMU pharmacy but ive received no confirmation email. is this normal?
Original post by aalixyh
Hi applied for DMU pharmacy but ive received no confirmation email. is this normal?

Hi aalixyh! :smile:

You will be able to track the progress of your DMU application through UCAS Track. If your application can be seen on UCAS Track then this should be fine and would have been received.

If you are still concerned and want to check you can contact the DMU Admissions team at +44 (0)116 257 7700.

Good luck with the application!

- Niamh
I’m applying for criminology and I got an unconditional :smile: very happy however seems they give out unconditionals to many people which makes me second guess wether they are that great :frown:
Original post by Amiemiller
I’m applying for criminology and I got an unconditional :smile: very happy however seems they give out unconditionals to many people which makes me second guess wether they are that great :frown:

I got a unconditional from them for journalism I’d say as long as you know all about the course and done research into it then it might be the right course for ya , I think they are trying to make competitive offers from early on to really good applicants instead of waiting a long time and applicants looking elsewhere imo. Why was dmu your first choice or nah ?
Original post by Floydbarker
I got a unconditional from them for journalism I’d say as long as you know all about the course and done research into it then it might be the right course for ya , I think they are trying to make competitive offers from early on to really good applicants instead of waiting a long time and applicants looking elsewhere imo. Why was dmu your first choice or nah ?

No portsmouth is but I haven’t heard back from them yet. DMU want an unconditional if I put it as my firm choice. Which I why I’m stuck as if everyone is receiving unconditional it doesn’t seem as great.
Hey, I'm Charlotte and I'm from the Isle of Man! (it's a little island between Ireland and England)
I submitted my UCAS yesterday and got an unconditional from DMU the same day, shocked but relieved!

What course are you applying for: Business Law (LLB)

What other universities are you thinking of: Nottingham Trent, Keele, University of Central Lancashire

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: BBC

GCSE and AS grades: A* B B B B C C C C C and D (resitting in Jan) E (resat last month - Oct) U (oops)

Extra curriculars: Duke of Edinburgh - Bronze, Silver, Gold
IDTA Dance Award - Ballet : Prelim, Grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Classical. Tap : Bronze, Silver, Gold, Gold bar 1
ABRSM Music qualifications - Flute Grade 1,2,3,4,6 (currently doing with TRINITY instead) and Piano Grade 1
(A lot I know but that's the result of a pushy mother :biggrin:)
Original post by FrentusGiant
Hey, I'm Charlotte and I'm from the Isle of Man! (it's a little island between Ireland and England)
I submitted my UCAS yesterday and got an unconditional from DMU the same day, shocked but relieved!

What other universities are you thinking of: Nottingham Trent, Keele, University of Central Lancashire

GCSE and AS grades: A* B B B B C C C C C and D (resitting in Jan) E (resat last month - Oct) U (oops)

IDTA Dance Award - Ballet : Prelim, Grade 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Classical. Tap : Bronze, Silver, Gold, Gold bar 1
ABRSM Music qualifications - Flute Grade 1,2,3,4,6 (currently doing with TRINITY instead) and Piano Grade 1

Hello there! I’m very happy to see you’re considering maybe coming to Keele University to study Business Law! Just wanted to drop in and say if you have any questions about the university/course ect then please don’t hesistate to ask! I’m here to help :smile:
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Hello there! I’m very happy to see you’re considering maybe coming to Keele University to study Business Law! Just wanted to drop in and say if you have any questions about the university/course ect then please don’t hesistate to ask! I’m here to help :smile:

I'll be sure to! Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by Amiemiller
No portsmouth is but I haven’t heard back from them yet. DMU want an unconditional if I put it as my firm choice. Which I why I’m stuck as if everyone is receiving unconditional it doesn’t seem as great.

Yeah dmu offered the same for me , oh alright well an unconditional is a really good offer but if your heart is set on Portsmouth then you could go for it if your confident getting the grades , was what is the difference in standards between the courses at dmu vs Portsmouth is Portsmouth a lot higher ?
Original post by FrentusGiant

Congrats on the offer was it your first choice to study at dmu and do you see yourself going there now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending