The Student Room Group

[COMPETITION] Write a Christmas Card for The Rainbow Cards Project 2019!

Scroll to see replies

Hi Kaz,

What do you call a frog hanging from the ceiling at Christmas? Mistletoad! ...sorry, that was terrible, I hop you'll frogive me.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Decade to you, fellow anime fan!

All the best,

AJ
Hello Augustina,

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and manage to see Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker over the holiday period! I'm personally very excited to see how they end the sequel trilogy and I'm sure you are too as a fellow Star Wars fan!

Remember that no matter what happens, there are always people who care about you and the whole LGBTQ+ community is there to support you. You are never truly alone!

I wish you a very happy and healthy 2020, and I hope you see in the new year with your favourite Arctic Monkeys song!

CS, member of The Student Room
Hey Alex (8),

I am Groot…Okay I won’t torture you with just saying I am Groot, I’ve asked Rocket to be ever so kind and deliver my message to you! Galaxy colours omg they are beautiful right, its so amazing being able to travel the galaxy, you should join me and Rocket, you’d have an absolute blast! And Marvel comics! God I love Marvel if you can’t tell :tongue:. Do you have any pets? Dogs and cats are so cute, I would like to get one but then again we have Rocket :mmm: *Wait Groot what did you just say??!!! :angry:* whoops :tongue:. I hope you have a lovely Christmas filled with happiness and joy, keep smiling because you are destined for great things. Wishing you a wonderful new year also filled with happiness and joy. Take care

From Groot
hi adam (1)
i hope you have a lovely christmas this year and remember there will always be people who care about you. you are a wonderful human being and should not think of yourself as any less.
hope you have a happy new year too!!

from manu
Hi Zahra,

I just wanted to drop you a line to wish you a very Merry Christmas! I hope you are able to enjoy this season, and that you like receiving this card. I think getting physical Christmas cards is so special. I love buying cards and sending them to people! I'm addicted to Paperchase, it's my favourite store. I live in London and can never resist popping by the flagship Tottenham Court Road store opposite Goodge Street Tube station if I'm in the area. And then I wonder where all my money has gone, haha...

I hope you get loads of cute notepads at Christmas or if not, that you can buy yourself some in the Christmas sales. I love sunflowers too but I guess it's the wrong time of year for them. Fun fact: last year November, I went to Amsterdam and to the Van Gogh Museum, just to see his famous 'Sunflowers' painting :smile:

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020, and know that I am thinking of you during this season.

Take care,

Shan from TSR :smile:
Hi Zoe (1),

Just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! I hope you are able to enjoy the season and that you have lots of purple tinsel to decorate wherever you are staying with!

I love poetry, films and music too (art as well, but to a lesser extent. My feet always hurt when I go to art galleries!). What's your favourite Christmas song? Even though you can't tell me directly, I'll be thinking of you whenever I listen to my Christmas playlist this year.

Take care and lots of hugs,

Hey Wes,

How are you? Just dropping you a line to say that I hope you are able to enjoy the festive season, and that you have a great Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! I see that you like band and choir - is that watching or participating yourself? I'm a music student and though it's a long time since I played either of my instruments (piano and violin), I love listening to Christmas tunes (sacred and secular) and belting out a good old Christmas carol. Fun fact: my favourite carol is O Come All Ye Faithful. Gotta love that descant! (Even though I don't have a good voice or a high enough pitched one, I like to give it a try!) :biggrin:

Take care and wrap up warm this winter, Wes. I am thinking of you during the festive season,

Original post by shadowdweller
Friendly reminder, tomorrow is the deadline for posting your messages if you want me to send them for you! :eek3:

Thanks very much for the reminder, and for doing this! Having started at letter A and gone down a few letters, I've jumped to the Z and will work my way up a few :banana:
Hey Violet Rose,

What a gorgeous name you have :smile: Just wanted to write to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020. I know Christmas can be a hard and isolating time for some but I hope you are able to enjoy the festive season, that you are somewhere warm and safe, and that you can feel the virtual hugs I am sending you from London!

I notice you like singing: what's your favourite Christmas carol? Mine is O Come All Ye Faithful. In terms of pop songs, my favourite is 'Especially For You' by Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. I don't know if you know that one, as it's quite old - at least 30 years old, if not more! But I do also love Wham!'s 'Last Christmas', although it's quite bittersweet now since George Michael's passing.

I'll be thinking of you when I sing along to my Christmas playlist,

Hi Victoria (2),

Just wanted to drop you a line to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2020! What great taste in favourite colours you have! I love pink and purple, especially pastel shades, too :smile: My sister once had a pink Christmas tree but I thought that was a bit much, even for me, haha.

I hope you have lots of pink and purple tinsel to decorate your room with :smile: and that you get to watch some of your favourite musicals over the Christmas period. What is your top musical of all time? Mine has to be The Sound of Music - an oldie, but such a classic. I recently had the chance to see Julie Andrews give a talk at the Southbank Centre - she played Maria von Trapp in the film. It was such a great experience to see her live!

Wishing you all the very best this season and hope you are wrapped up warm.

Take care,

Heya, Claire (1),

I hope you're looking forward to Christmas, or have some nice things planned. Even if you don't, remember that at TSR we have a huge community that can support you and make you feel welcome!

I see that you love reading! I read a book recently that really made me look at life differently, it's a fiction novel called 'How To Be Happy' and it's a great read! I love reading too ... although at the moment I am reading a book as an introduction to Islam (so, non-fiction), I still enjoy fiction too for a bit of fun :smile:

Who's your favourite person in Little Mix? I think Jesy is amazing because of her past, and I think Jade is gorgeous, but I must say, Perrie has my favourite voice. It's so strong and powerful, yet she has amazing control too.

Sending hugs and love ... remember that you are cherished, loved, and respected, even if it doesn't always feel that way! All the best!

Yzanne

-----------------------

Hey, Finn!

Wishing you a Happy Christmas first and foremost, I really hope that it's special.

I'm so glad you like Harry Potter! What house are you in? I took the quiz and I'm a Gryffindor which I 100% think I am in, I can be a bit feisty but I am fiercely loyal and I hope I have a good heart!

I speak French ... I see you like languages which is definately a good life skill to have. I find it so cool when celebrities can speak different languages and can do entire interviews in them! I find it so clever to keep concentrating for that long. I aim to learn Chinese at university (if I find time lol).

Sending good wishes .... enjoy yourself!

Yzanne

-----------------------

Hiya there, Imogen,

Happy Christmas! I hope it's a positive experience for you! :smile:

I see you like musicals .... as do I! My favourite is probably Hairspray, but Wizard of Oz had me in tears in Defying Gravity in the theatre that is super steep seating. That terrified me, I'm not so good with heights, but it was an amazing performance nevertheless. Hairspray is amazing and I know all the words. What's your favourite?

I have chickens and tortoises and fish ... thought you might be interested! :smile:

Take care,

Yzanne
Hey Vic,

Just wanted to drop you a line (and an empowering quote!) to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and a happy and healthy 2020. Red is a great favourite colour to have around Christmas time, so I hope you are able to do some red-themed decorating in your room :smile:

Here is my empowering quote for you:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?... Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others"

I hope this quote inspires and comforts you as it does me,

Shan from TSR
Hi Ana (4)!
I hear you’re a fellow ARMY and KPop lover! You have good taste, my friend :wink:. Wishing you all the joy, prosperity and love one can fit in a smol card. Hope you have an amazing Christmas. Saranghae! <3

Love from,
RazzzBerries from The Student Room x
Amazing work, all! I wrote 50 cards last night so I'm having a break today :tongue:
Hey Todd,
I hope you have an awesome Christmas!
I see you like maths, I do too. Last year I had a great time constructing a fractal Christmas tree with my friends, alongside making mobius strip paper chains. I'd definitely recommend it if you have the time! Have you got any other ideas for mathsy Christmas decor? And are you a fan of fractals? I love watching mandelbrot zooms on youtube especially all the rainbow ones!
Also, other big maths questions: what's your favourite number? and is zero a natural number?
Mine is 53 because I was called up on stage in a bingo tournament and was feeling very embarrassed (I didn't want to be on stage!) so when the number 53 was called and I was able to sit back down it was such a relief that I decided 53 is my new favourite number (it used to be 42). And the zero is a natural number question causes great debate in my maths class so I always have to ask maths people when I meet them.
Wishing you all the best from a fellow maths nerd,
Toastie from TSR
Hello Stephanie (4)!

I saw that you enjoy speaking French, so merry Christmas and joyeux Noël! I'm actually currently studying abroad in France at the moment, at a university in Lyon. Have you ever travelled to Lyon? It's worth a visit if you ever get the chance!

I hope you really enjoy the festive period, and that you manage to get in plenty of ballroom dancing! I'll try and do some myself during the Christmas period, and maybe teach some friends a few steps if they're willing!

Wishing you the very best, and a healthy and happy New Year as we enter the next decade.

As the lovely late Bruce Forsyth used to say, keep dancing!
CS, member of The Student Room
This is amazing, thank you so much to everyone who has written cards :hugs:

I'll be printing these off today - if anyone posts after this afternoon, I will still do my upmost best to get your card included though :yep:
Someone write me one dudes
Hey - sorry, I totally missed this :colondollar:

No idea about recipient ages, I'm afraid - as far as I know there aren't any restrictions, so they could be any age, I believe! :yep:
Original post by shadowdweller
This is amazing, thank you so much to everyone who has written cards :hugs:

I'll be printing these off today - if anyone posts after this afternoon, I will still do my upmost best to get your card included though :yep:

PRSOM! Big thanks to shadow for organising and sorting all of this! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest