The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Math c34 6 Nov 2019

How did everyone find that, how did you do the last questio?

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only one who found this C34 paper is much harder than ever before ?
Reply 2
Original post by Teddy_Luz
Am I the only one who found this C34 paper is much harder than ever before ?

Yeah haha, so many hard questions.
Reply 3
Anyone remember their coordinates of the point P? Question where you had to find dy/dx then the vertical line toucing the curve.
Original post by alevel1232
Anyone remember their coordinates of the point P? Question where you had to find dy/dx then the vertical line toucing the curve.

i got (k^2)/9 of the y-coordinate. Iforgot the x and dunno if it is correct or not
Reply 5
Original post by darrenlei888
i got (k^2)/9 of the y-coordinate. Iforgot the x and dunno if it is correct or not

Yah ok I think i got that as well, you just set the deminomator of dy/dx to 0 then solved right?
Yah ok I think i got that as well, you just set the deminomator of dy/dx to 0 then solved right?

yes. do u remember the answer of the last question? i calculated but dont know if i got the correct one.
Reply 7
yes. do u remember the answer of the last question? i calculated but dont know if i got the correct one.

no i couldnt fully do that question, how did you do it?
i found the cartesian form of C2 first and wrote the line calculated from (a) in y=mx+c form, then i substituted it into C2 go for b^2-4ac not equal 0. dunno if i made any mistakes or misunderstood the questions or if this method is alright or not.
how many marks do you guys think needed for an A*
i found the cartesian form of C2 first and wrote the line calculated from (a) in y=mx+c form, then i substituted it into C2 go for b^2-4ac not equal 0. dunno if i made any mistakes or misunderstood the questions or if this method is alright or not.

Yeah idk, for the vector question where you had to find posititon vector of Q, did you get 3 different fractions, where mule was like 30/19?
Yeah idk, for the vector question where you had to find posititon vector of Q, did you get 3 different fractions, where mule was like 30/19?

yeh i got three of them like XX/19.
Original post by Chak Ming
how many marks do you guys think needed for an A*

Idk paper was pretty hard so probably lower than normal.
For the binomial question were your values 1 for b and -1/9 for a?
For the binomial question were your values 1 for b and -1/9 for a?

yeh i got the same
Guys i found this paper very hard. Whats do you think grade boundaries will be fo 90?
For the intersection points of the 2 modulus graphs were they x = a/2 and x = 3a/4?
Wasnt it harder than usual?
Original post by Leniaeco
Wasnt it harder than usual?

yeah way harder
For the intersection points of the 2 modulus graphs were they x = a/2 and x = 3a/4?

i think one of them should be negative? because one of the intersection points should be on the left side of y-axis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending