The Student Room Group

Swansea A101 2020 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jcareywilliams
Does anyone know about the reference requirements for Swansea? I asked the Admissions Office some time ago but haven't heard back yet. I sat my first degree some 16 years ago and have been working since; I'd like to know if the reference should be an academic one from my first degree, or a more recent working reference? It also looks to me that there's only room for one referee on UCAS.

Hi. I am a mature student - last year I applied to Swansea with a recent employer reference that touched on key competencies Swansea are looking for (I work in a non-medical field). Swansea were happy with that as I got to the interview stage. Doing the same again this year.
Does anyone remember what time Swansea sent round their GAMSAT cut-off last year?
Original post by tamsin_athalie
Does anyone remember what time Swansea sent round their GAMSAT cut-off last year?

11 december :smile:
Reply 23
Hello Swansea applicants! Although you guys have quite a while till you receive your invites, I've decided to start spreading the spreadsheet like the mould in my greenhouse that started spreading on wooden components.

I hope that last years spreadsheet helped some of you grasp an idea of what entry requirement some universities wanted from the TSR sample.
Once you have your interview invite, feel free to add in your details that you're comfortable with to help those applying this year and those in the future.
If you make any mistakes, ctrl+z to remove them. If you need help, feel free to message me or try your best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=631904644

Feel free to add or edit things that you believe will benefit you and/or other applicants.
Original post by 548
Hello Swansea applicants! Although you guys have quite a while till you receive your invites, I've decided to start spreading the spreadsheet like the mould in my greenhouse that started spreading on wooden components.

I hope that last years spreadsheet helped some of you grasp an idea of what entry requirement some universities wanted from the TSR sample.
Once you have your interview invite, feel free to add in your details that you're comfortable with to help those applying this year and those in the future.
If you make any mistakes, ctrl+z to remove them. If you need help, feel free to message me or try your best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=631904644

Feel free to add or edit things that you believe will benefit you and/or other applicants.

Where can I find last years?
Hey all! Was wondering if anyone knew how strict admissions are in regards to minimum score in each section of 50? I got 59 overall but 49 in S3 which I'm absolutely gutted about. I'm going to ring admissions on Monday but I'm not massively hopeful admittedly.
Reply 26
hi everyone,

i was mistakenly classified as international and just recently got correctly classified as home student. As a result my acknowledge email from Swansea was with international dates etc. I contacted the medicine admissions team letting them know that my status has been updated and to resend the correspondence home fees student got. But they have not gotten back to me yet.

I would be really grateful if someone could let me know what their acknowledgement email had? any key dates etc or forms to fill? also have they send any other emails since then?

Please if someone could let me know I can be relaxed I suppose and not worry I missed out on important dates or forms or deadlines. Thanks alot in advance!
Original post by harrietg26
Hey all! Was wondering if anyone knew how strict admissions are in regards to minimum score in each section of 50? I got 59 overall but 49 in S3 which I'm absolutely gutted about. I'm going to ring admissions on Monday but I'm not massively hopeful admittedly.

I was in the same boat the first time I sat the GAMSAT (back in March) and unfortunately, I think any section below 50 means an automatic rejection :frown: :frown: :frown: but it's worth giving them a call to check
52 on the GAMSAT for me this year. Looks like 2021 entry for me! Not overly disheartened though, congrats to everyone that got a decent score :smile:
Original post by drhaj
hi everyone,

i was mistakenly classified as international and just recently got correctly classified as home student. As a result my acknowledge email from Swansea was with international dates etc. I contacted the medicine admissions team letting them know that my status has been updated and to resend the correspondence home fees student got. But they have not gotten back to me yet.

I would be really grateful if someone could let me know what their acknowledgement email had? any key dates etc or forms to fill? also have they send any other emails since then?

Please if someone could let me know I can be relaxed I suppose and not worry I missed out on important dates or forms or deadlines. Thanks alot in advance!

Hi! I'm sure admissions will get back to you soon. Our e-mail did have a form but it only needed to be filled in if there was something missing from your UCAS application or you had a valid GAMSAT score from a previous year. No other e-mails. I applied last year as well, so the next one is probably going to be an interview invite or rejection in December :smile:
Hi everyone , what do we think the cut-off will be this year
Reply 32
Yes, wondering the same, is there a date by which Uni's post their cut off scores? New to this and applied to A-101 courses. Got a 61 but might be too low so watching and waiting for cut offs to know where I stand.
Original post by drhaj
hi everyone,

I'm in exactly the same boat! No reply to my email asking to be put on the home student mailing list which I sent on 16th October...

Hopefully we will be okay
Hey Frank, I got a 60 , the cut-offs have ranged from 57-61 , seems like scores were high this year though
MyGEMjourney ,if you didn't this cycle it is worth doing the UCAT alot of people I met decided to only do the gamsat but the UCAT is alot less revision and if you get a high score you are guaranteed an interview at Newcastle and can apply to Warwick and a few others too
Original post by Donkeykong96
MyGEMjourney ,if you didn't this cycle it is worth doing the UCAT alot of people I met decided to only do the gamsat but the UCAT is alot less revision and if you get a high score you are guaranteed an interview at Newcastle and can apply to Warwick and a few others too

I managed a 52 with very little revision so I’m hoping come march ill be able to get into the mid 60s. I’ll start looking into the UCAT if 2021 entry doesnt work out :biggrin:
Hey all, I'm a current 3rd year GEM at Swansea and happy to answer any questions that I feasibly can and offer advice if wanted. :smile:
Original post by Sapje321
Hey all, I'm a current 3rd year GEM at Swansea and happy to answer any questions that I feasibly can and offer advice if wanted. :smile:

Hi, do you have any rough idea what the cut off might be this year? Also do you know if people can get on the waiting list without making the gamsat cut-off?
I haven't received any acknowledgment emails from Swansea. I'm starting to worry haha 😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending