alessaamber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I just received an email from the University of Cambridge asking me to fill in a contextual information form by the 15th of November. The email itself and some parts of the form have typos so I'm not 100% sure about the form. Would just like to ask if anyone else has received the form/filled it out?

Thanks!!
Last edited by alessaamber; 4 weeks ago
gwilhubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just got an email from them and I'm really confused. I thought the SAQ itself was enough to provide contextual information. I only just noticed all the typos, but I felt quite thrown by the website as it did not seem legitimate. If this form was real then surely that would take us to the official website of the University of Cambridge, or at least one that looked at little more professional. I haven't filled in the form yet, but I'm really doubtful of it. If it is fake, then hopefully the university should send a follow up emailing confirming it.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Peterhouse Admissions
elisabeth-ajayi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just filled it in and it seemed legit to me. If it was fake, how would they get our ucas numbers so easily???
FreckledPizza
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alessaamber)
Hi,

I just received an email from the University of Cambridge asking me to fill in a contextual information form by the 15th of November. The email itself and some parts of the form have typos so I'm not 100% sure about the form. Would just like to ask if anyone else has received the form/filled it out?

Thanks!!
I filled it out with no problems. It’s from a legit email ([email protected]) rather than a buggy one like ‘[email protected]’ or something dodgy like that. I wouldn’t worry about it tbh, the university is trying to be more inclusive of people from underrepresented backgrounds now which is great because it gives people a better chance against more privileged people. I applied to Cambridge last year as well (unsuccessful) and they didn’t have this form for us to fill out, so it’s good that they are improving on this part
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This is indeed a legitimate email - we are trying to collect and verify as much contextual data as possible on applicants, in particular regarding Free School Meals
ifahad64
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
This is indeed a legitimate email - we are trying to collect and verify as much contextual data as possible on applicants, in particular regarding Free School Meals
I am an overseas applicant and I didn't get the email. Should I be worried?
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ifahad64)
I am an overseas applicant and I didn't get the email. Should I be worried?
No It has no bearing on your application and will probably not have been sent to you because most of the questions apply best to students from the UK.
ifahad64
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No It has no bearing on your application and will probably not have been sent to you because most of the questions apply best to students from the UK.
Thank you!
kartiksawhney
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I haven't received an email and I am a UK applicant, any reason to be worried?
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kartiksawhney)
I haven't received an email and I am a UK applicant, any reason to be worried?
There's absolutely nothing to worry about, although I would recommend you check your spam/junk email folder
kartiksawhney
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's absolutely nothing to worry about, although I would recommend you check your spam/junk email folder
Nothing there, I’m happy don’t have to fill out another form!!
goldfvnch
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xhollyxtaylorx)
I am trying to complete the same form however I am unsure what the password is as it doesn't seem to specify it in the email. Is it the same for everyone or have I just missed something! Thank you!
The password is Cambridge, I'm pretty sure
oh_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Does anyone know if it is mandatory? If you didn't want to give them your info could you just ignore the link?
dracodale
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by oh_)
Does anyone know if it is mandatory? If you didn't want to give them your info could you just ignore the link?
On the first page of the form you can say that you don't consent to their use of your data by selecting the 'No' box for all. It'll then say that you don't need to complete the form.
oh_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dracodale)
On the first page of the form you can say that you don't consent to their use of your data by selecting the 'No' box for all. It'll then say that you don't need to complete the form.
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (202)
18.74%
Labour (556)
51.58%
Liberal Democrats (145)
13.45%
Green Party (60)
5.57%
Brexit Party (15)
1.39%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (17)
1.58%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.19%
Ulster Unionist (4)