The Student Room Group

Are you registered to vote!?

Poll

Are you registered to vote?

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the 2019 UK General election! *cue applause*
p077sdjh (1).jpg

As all of you (hopefully know), to get any government elected, people need to vote. And to be able to vote, you need to be registered to vote.
In this thread, there's going to be a poll asking if you're registered to vote. Answer the poll with your age and if you are registered to vote or not. You can also reply to this thread with any other details - who you're voting for, if you're going to vote at all, if you even care about this, anything. Go ham on this thread with anything vote-related and make sure to check out the General Election subforum to make/talk in any other threads!
Remember, even if you are registered to vote, doesn't mean you have to, so reply to this thread saying if you're going to vote or if you're going to spoil your ballot or just not turn up.

If you aren't registered to vote, click this link and register yourself. You need to have register by 23:59 on November 26 to vote in the General Election on 12 December so if you haven't and you want to, get on it :tongue:

image (1).jpg

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The Usual MHoC Crew

All MPs

Since I anticipate mostly 1 word answers......

Yes. :yy:
Yes, and I've just sorted out my proxy vote application form :smile:
Natch. Don't think there's been an election I've been eligible for where I've not registered and voted :tongue:
im voting for me because i am big J
I am registered to vote, but in my native country and that is not Britain.
Original post by 04MR17
Since I anticipate mostly 1 word answers......

Yes. :yy:

I did say "details" :nodots:

Original post by shadowdweller
Natch. Don't think there's been an election I've been eligible for where I've not registered and voted :tongue:

Very noice :biggrin:

Original post by CatusStarbright
Yes, and I've just sorted out my proxy vote application form :smile:

Dope!

Original post by Kallisto
I am registered to vote, but in my native country and that is not Britain.

Sweeeeet! It's important to register for voting everywhere, not just in the UK :yy:
First thing I did when I moved.
Yes, I set up a postal from home as well so I could vote for Plaid. Now the Remain Alliance has happened and Plaid have stood down, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do: vote Lib Dem at home or vote Lib Dem in Cambridge.
FYI notifications (mentions) don’t work. I only saw this as I stalk certain members.
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Yes, I set up a postal from home as well so I could vote for Plaid. Now the Remain Alliance has happened and Plaid have stood down, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do: vote Lib Dem at home or vote Lib Dem in Cambridge.

Which one's more tactical :beard:
I have a question... I'm from a common wealth country and registering to vote is part of my registration at uni. I recently got two emails from the local council about parliamentary elections. I feel i don't deserve to vote and I'm actually not going to
.. why does the uk allow foreigners like me to vote? In my home country however it would be impossible for British citizens to vote
Original post by Glaz
Which one's more tactical :beard:

Both are fairly tactical, though the Libs will probably win Cambridge and they probably won't win Montgomeryshire.

I might opt for Cambridge just so I can go and cast my vote on the day in person.
Original post by Hope567
I have a question... I'm from a common wealth country and registering to vote is part of my registration at uni. I recently got two emails from the local council about parliamentary elections. I feel i don't deserve to vote and I'm actually not going to
.. why does the uk allow foreigners like me to vote? In my home country however it would be impossible for British citizens to vote

Would it?? I had always assumed these arrangements were reciprocal?
Yes I have now! Thank you for the reminder
Would it?? I had always assumed these arrangements were reciprocal?

Yep..... pretty sure those people won't allow foreigners to vote! I don't even know what this parliamentary election is about is it for like the prime minister's office? Or is it the election of MPs? Couldn't be bothered to check
I have, but I need to register for the postal vote still 🙈.
Yes
Both are fairly tactical, though the Libs will probably win Cambridge and they probably won't win Montgomeryshire.

I might opt for Cambridge just so I can go and cast my vote on the day in person.

Niiice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending