The Student Room Group

Would you marry your first love?

Would you marry your first love (say you found them when you were 18) if you knew they were the one or would you wanna experiment with other people before you settle for one?

Scroll to see replies

If you are happy with them and it lasts long enough so that youre at an age where you would want to get married and you have a special connection, go for it.
No.
My childhood engagement was fun, as was being presented with a stapled paper wedding dress and playground rocks instead of a ring.
But I'm not 6 anymore.
Life is for moving forward, not backwards.
I don’t think I can marry a doughnut but I’ll take it to court
If I had been happy with the first person I dated, sure. But I wasn't.

Experimenting sounds a hell of a lot more fun that it actually is. I've been in the dating game for 13yrs, dated a huge variety of people and have stories I'm not proud of, and the thought of a meaningful, stable connection that lasts more than a few years sounds amazing to me. Starting from scratch over and over again gets tiresome.
No because my “first love” never actually loved me and only wanted to sleep with me.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you marry your first love (say you found them when you were 18) if you knew they were the one or would you wanna experiment with other people before you settle for one?

Hmm, I know people who’ve known each other since they are 15-16 and are now married. My parents grew up together and are married. It’s more common in my upbringing
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
I’m really sorry to hear that. I’m always so nervous that people would just use me for that instead of try to get to know me on an emotional level.
No because my “first love” never actually loved me and only wanted to sleep with me.
NO.
I know a girl in my year who’s into me, and I’m in the sort of culture where we would be around each other a lot and never really lose contact
I’m really sorry to hear that. I’m always so nervous that people would just use me for that instead of try to get to know me on an emotional level.

It's hard not to think that the next person will also just want sex but we just have to keep faith and trust that the next person won't do the same. Even if it's not your first love I guess.
I did.
No, I'm not getting married I don't trust it :dry:
No, my first love was always immature and incapable of being financially stable.
Did you know that female hyenas have a clitoris larger than the males' penis :h:

#HyenaFacts
No baby no.
If the person your with is unique and special that I wouldn't leave them, cuz then it would be hard to find someone similar. If they truly love you and you think they have the qualities that you want such as being able to admit their failure, honesty, always learning and improving in life then you should note that people are like that are very hard to find and you could experiment and find out that no one is like him/ better than him. It also depends on how long you know them, how old are you?
Original post by shadowdweller
Without a doubt, @BurstingBubbles :lovehug:

:yucky:

Spoiler

Why tf would you not marry someone you love because you want to experiment 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending