The Student Room Group

study

Hello,I am a student in college. i am doing GCSE science and English. i want to revise but i don't know how to do it by plan. could you suggest some way for studying please? thank you very much for your help.
Mindmaps were the way to go for me. For every topic (esp the more difficult ones) I would create a simple mindmap and just keep redrawing it until i memorised it. This was really great for me (got all A*s in Sciences and Maths at GCSE). Hope this helps!
Reply 2
thank you very much. i will check it if it works with me.
You could try flash cards to test yourself on and help you memorise for science and for English plan essays on all of the characters and themes for lit and try making notes on what techniques you can include in the different styles of writing they can come up in language
Reply 4
Original post by Ghrmay
Hello,I am a student in college. i am doing GCSE science and English. i want to revise but i don't know how to do it by plan. could you suggest some way for studying please? thank you very much for your help.

Here's the rough plan I followed for my GCSEs last year:

1. Create your own resources the suit you e.g. mindmaps, flashcards, condensed notes - make sure you check your specification for each subject to make sure you've covered everything you need to know.

2. Online resources e.g. BBC Bitesize, Seneca, YouTube - great to track your progress, learning, and read further into topics, which helps you to understand the topic in better detail.

3. Test yourself - use your resources to test yourself or practice questions, identify areas you need to look back and revise a bit more on.

4. Past paper questions - probably the best revision you could, reflects the style of questions you'll see in the exam (more application questions) and it will give you a better understanding of the mark schemes so that you don't drop marks easily.

It's really about repetition, so that most, if not all, the information will be in your head. I hope this helps! (I got all 9s for GCSE Science and English Language and an 8 in English Literature)

Quick Reply

Latest