The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi can someone pls help me what are queens a level predicted grade requirements... do u have to do a fourth a level or is it just the standard AAA
I am looking to apply but i have AAA and A* predicted grade in EPQ.. is this still ok?
Reply 2
Original post by Elissamoor123
Hi can someone pls help me what are queens a level predicted grade requirements... do u have to do a fourth a level or is it just the standard AAA
I am looking to apply but i have AAA and A* predicted grade in EPQ.. is this still ok?

Queens don’t use your AS level grades as part of their admissions process as they understand that the jump from GCSE to AS can cause a lot of capable students to get lower grades than they should have - their requirements for a level are AAA if you have a fourth AS level at grade A. If you don’t have this or don’t achieve it by repeating your fourth AS by the end of your two years studying A levels then the requirements are A*AA - as for an EPQ I’m not totally sure and you should check their admissions policy which is found on their website. If you can’t find info on it, simply contact the admissions office and they will clarify anything you’re unsure of.
Hi I was looking to apply to QUB for med 2020 entry and I was hoping maybe someone could clarify something for me regarding their entry requirements. I'm a graduate with a 2.1 in BSc Neuroscience and a Merit in MSc Clinical Neuroscience, though I dont have any A levels. Instead I have a BTEC extended diploma in applied sciences medical science. I've already emailed the admissions team asking if my application would still be considered but I haven't heard back from them yet. If anyone has an idea on their stance regarding a graduate with no A Levels, I would greatly appreciate the clarity.
Thanks =)
Hi has anyone received a confirmation email from QUB yet?
Nope
Original post by Krodini9495
Nope

Phew! I was panicking because I’ve heard from all my other choices
Original post by Potat0lover
Phew! I was panicking because I’ve heard from all my other choices

Which other unis have you applied for?
Original post by Goosebumps94
Which other unis have you applied for?

Leicester, UEA and Warwick. How about you?
So lads, anyone gotten an acknowledgement email from Queen's? It's the only one out of the other three universities that haven't sent anything since applying :biggrin:.
Original post by Krodini9495
So lads, anyone gotten an acknowledgement email from Queen's? It's the only one out of the other three universities that haven't sent anything since applying :biggrin:.

Nope, I'm in the same position! Going by last year's thread, the acknowledgements were sent out a long time after submission dates
Original post by PrynceAli
Hi I was looking to apply to QUB for med 2020 entry and I was hoping maybe someone could clarify something for me regarding their entry requirements. I'm a graduate with a 2.1 in BSc Neuroscience and a Merit in MSc Clinical Neuroscience, though I dont have any A levels. Instead I have a BTEC extended diploma in applied sciences medical science. I've already emailed the admissions team asking if my application would still be considered but I haven't heard back from them yet. If anyone has an idea on their stance regarding a graduate with no A Levels, I would greatly appreciate the clarity.
Thanks =)

Hi,

I would suggest reading the PDF on how we choose our students which is available on the Medicine page on their website.
I think you would be required to do the A-level in chemistry plus another science or maths since it is their main requirement. I'm not sure if they accept BTEC. The PDF has a section on graduates that still require the qualifications (A-levels) which gives you a breakdown of what you need.
have they got back to you ?
Original post by daisychain98
Nope, I'm in the same position! Going by last year's thread, the acknowledgements were sent out a long time after submission dates

I haven't received an email either
Original post by PrynceAli
Thanks =)

Just to add to what @coconut_flamingo said:

I'm also a graduate applicant. My understanding is that you must hold A-levels in Biology and Chemistry; however, if you forward the syllabus from your BTEC diploma, it may be accepted in lieu of one or more of those subjects (most likely Biology). You must also hold GCSEs in Mathematics and Double Award Science/Physics (Grades C/CC or above), regardless of your degree discipline(s).
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I’ve received a confirmation email from QUB. Fingers crossed for interviews now and good luck everyone!
Reply 15
Original post by Potat0lover
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I’ve received a confirmation email from QUB. Fingers crossed for interviews now and good luck everyone!

received one too, good luck with your application!
Hey guys,
Does anyone have any idea when the interview offers will get sent out, people at my school have started getting interview offers (from St Andrews) so I'm on the edge of my seat at the minute lol
Original post by char lotte
Hey guys,
Does anyone have any idea when the interview offers will get sent out, people at my school have started getting interview offers (from St Andrews) so I'm on the edge of my seat at the minute lol

I know me too! but I think it could be around december time
Reply 18
Original post by char lotte
Hey guys,

last year it was 2nd week Dec
Original post by 2500_2
last year it was 2nd week Dec

Ah okay thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending