The Student Room Group

Boys ask us girls questions

Scroll to see replies

Ok thank you, are there any I should just stay away from mentioning. Normally I’m honest and it doesn’t work out so well 😅😂
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Kryptonitekid43
Here’s one I’ve wanted to ask for ages. When meeting a girl for the first time and she asks things like “what are your hobbies?” What would be some acceptable answers?

the truth? When meeting a guy I wanna know who the guy is and what he's into
Original post by Anonymous
I wish i was tbh. I'm one of the nice guys, makes girl laugh, is a gentlemen, but am not wealthy yet unfortunately and not good looking (or muscular through my own fault i admit) so have not been successful. i'm not bitter about it and i still adore women, so working to get the money to put me in a better position, simple.

I couldn't care less about money. I want a guy who is fun and will take me out of my comfort zones. Money is not a real factor
Original post by flamingolover
the truth? When meeting a guy I wanna know who the guy is and what he's into

Ok so honesty is the best policy? What if it’s things like comic books, watching movies, gaming with friends etc? When I say that I feel like I’m digging my own grave 😂😅
Original post by AmazingPhysicist
Hi I'm a boy aged 18 years 5 months, just started uni on 30th September
What are the most important qualities girls would look for in a boy?
What about kindness?
I would argue kindness, honesty and sincerity are more important than height or physical strength etc
What about brain problems (getting angry too easily, low self-esteem, hates society, etc)
Would you respect a boy if he was like me: kind, honest, sincere and did his best no matter what, even though he can't talk to people properly, doesnt drink or party, doesnt go to the gym, is skinny, underweight, shy, has terrible eyesight, has 7 food intolerances, doesnt want to have sex until marriage, would you consider liking or respecting him
My biggest fear is that no girl would ever love me because Im short skinny weak and shy, girls apparently dont dig that stuff, I also don't have a very good sense of humour, dont drink tea or coffee, not rich, not living an extravagant lifestyle, dont have much facial hair or pubic hair, no car, no driving license, like star wars and hate football, take things too seriously sometimes, way too hard on myself, very low self esteem, anxiety, worry too much about everything, dislike society etc, would you still like me. This is a genuine thing I worry about because I don't think anyone would like a boy like me. I don't think I deserve love. I think i deserve to be lonely because i have all these terrible qualities

hey hey hey hol' up a minute. You obviously are too harsh on yourself. Boy, I personally think 1) You're precious, just for having the confidence to ask. 2) It depends which girls you're particularly looking at. Girls who are born knowing they're naturally beautiful and told that every day of their life know they can get better, and so they look up. That doesn't mean they actually like them (bruh there's a difference between finding them fit and actually liking them) and I've noticed myself i seem to like the shy guys, and i have no idea why. And y'know what? I think it's society fault i question myself for liking them. The quieter ones are the nicest and most open and understanding of the world we live in. 3) boiii straight up respect for having sex after marriage. You're a real one. Keep your virginity to yourself. And i mean the things you listed are so irrelevant. Doesn't drink tea or coffee? No one expects you to. Doesn't make you any more privileged. Skinny? Have you tried different options and diets? And what do you mean by short. Believe me short girls are plentiful. "Tall" just means taller than us bc we find the whole standing on your tip toes to kiss him and blinking your lashes (That's not the right word is it :frown:) to make him blush is cute on a whole other level. If you want to do better, more so be hApPy :smile: You should turn away from rich, better-off girls, bc even if they like you they'll look away without regretting it. Find your norm. Someone who dislikes society just as much as you or is awkward too and will help you up from the pit of low-self esteem you've fallen in, bc that's a deep one right there. Your angel will come one day. I promise. Be patient, and you'll find love deeper than you could ever imagine. :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Ok so honesty is the best policy? What if it’s things like comic books, watching movies, gaming with friends etc? When I say that I feel like I’m digging my own grave 😂😅

All my guy friends are into that stuff its common. Movies are good especially as they lead into conversations like genres, actors, shred interest so its a real good start to discussions, If you are the kind of guy who likes comic books be honest about it. I'd rather know what a guy likes so I know who he is. No point lying or making something up because then you are just misleading people/
All my guy friends are into that stuff its common. Movies are good especially as they lead into conversations like genres, actors, shred interest so its a real good start to discussions, If you are the kind of guy who likes comic books be honest about it. I'd rather know what a guy likes so I know who he is. No point lying or making something up because then you are just misleading people/

Ok that’s helpful thanks, I wasn’t conscientious lying but omitting what I said above and mentioning more academic interests like my love of history for example. But then I was afraid that would make me seem a little dull 😅. Thank you, I’ll just be honest in the future.
Original post by CuteKoalaXD
hey hey hey hol' up a minute. You obviously are too harsh on yourself. Boy, I personally think 1) You're precious, just for having the confidence to ask. 2) It depends which girls you're particularly looking at. Girls who are born knowing they're naturally beautiful and told that every day of their life know they can get better, and so they look up. That doesn't mean they actually like them (bruh there's a difference between finding them fit and actually liking them) and I've noticed myself i seem to like the shy guys, and i have no idea why. And y'know what? I think it's society fault i question myself for liking them. The quieter ones are the nicest and most open and understanding of the world we live in. 3) boiii straight up respect for having sex after marriage. You're a real one. Keep your virginity to yourself. And i mean the things you listed are so irrelevant. Doesn't drink tea or coffee? No one expects you to. Doesn't make you any more privileged. Skinny? Have you tried different options and diets? And what do you mean by short. Believe me short girls are plentiful. "Tall" just means taller than us bc we find the whole standing on your tip toes to kiss him and blinking your lashes (That's not the right word is it :frown:) to make him blush is cute on a whole other level. If you want to do better, more so be hApPy :smile: You should turn away from rich, better-off girls, bc even if they like you they'll look away without regretting it. Find your norm. Someone who dislikes society just as much as you or is awkward too and will help you up from the pit of low-self esteem you've fallen in, bc that's a deep one right there. Your angel will come one day. I promise. Be patient, and you'll find love deeper than you could ever imagine. :smile:

This made me feel a lot better thanks
Ok that’s helpful thanks, I wasn’t conscientious lying but omitting what I said above and mentioning more academic interests like my love of history for example. But then I was afraid that would make me seem a little dull 😅. Thank you, I’ll just be honest in the future.

academics is a good point but if you seem pure about academics its a bit dull. Good luck! be yourself and you'll find girls to eb either friends or more or whatever but we'd much rather know what we are getting ourselves into!

You do know that those type of hobbies are interesting right?
Original post by ayyyy.x
You do know that those type of hobbies are interesting right?

inneh i find these interesting too
Ok thank you, are there any I should just stay away from mentioning. Normally I’m honest and it doesn’t work out so well 😅😂

I would say just tell me everything about yourself. I love getting to know people and especially with those who try and make an effort. You can't go wrong there.
How would girls rank these in terms of a guy:

1.) Decent physique.

2.) Decent face.

3.) Good career ambitions + heart (idk what this means, but let's say your guy is studying something competitive like Medicine or whatever).

4.) Good personality (including regular extroverts and introverts).

5.) $$$

most important
-good personality
-decent face
-decent physique
-ambitions
-wealth - richer boys ive met have all been dicks so..
least
most important
-good personality
-decent face
-decent physique
-ambitions
-wealth - richer boys ive met have all been dicks so..
least

i like this order lol
[QUOTE=Anonymous;8589
inneh i find these interesting too

Well that’s great! Thank you all for giving me hope 😁👍
academics is a good point but if you seem pure about academics its a bit dull. Good luck! be yourself and you'll find girls to eb either friends or more or whatever but we'd much rather know what we are getting ourselves into!

Thank you, I’ll be honest, not like Iago honest, but the good kind 😁 (thank you English teachers for corrupting my sense of humour and teaching me terrible jokes like these 😅😂)
i like this order lol

funny > everything
Original post by Greywolftwo
Ok, question then? What as a generalisation, do girls look for in a guy?

I'm normally in the Legal forum. I'm a barrister and one of the most common questions that is asked in that forum is what we (barristers) are looking for in candidates. My answer is to point out that that is the wrong question, because we don't know what the best candidates are going to look like until we see them. Different barristers look for different things, so my advice is to make yourself the best candidate you can be. Work on your strengths and address your weaknesses, and with that you will become confident in your ability to become a barrister, because you will actually have the skills you need to succeed. Then when you are in interview simply show us who you are. You may not be what a lot of barristers are looking for, but eventually (if you are genuinely a good candidate) you will be.

This advice maps to this question. It is the wrong question, because it implies that you are going to change who you are in order to attract a girl. That is the wrong way of doing it. There are a lot of girls out there, and they will all be attracted to slightly different things. You don't need to attract all of them, just the one(s) that is/are right for you. And you do that by pursuing your own interests, doing what makes you happy, and building your own confidence and self esteem. If you're happy with who you are, you are far more likely to find a girl who is attracted to you, and not the person you're trying to artificially create to get a girlfriend.

Obviously this advice also applies to girls who are wondering what guys look for in a girl.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
I'm normally in the Legal forum. I'm a barrister and one of the most common questions that is asked in that forum is what we (barristers) are looking for in candidates. My answer is to point out that that is the wrong question, because we don't know what the best candidates are going to look like until we see them. Different barristers look for different things, so my advice is to make yourself the best candidate you can be. Work on your strengths and address your weaknesses, and with that you will become confident in your ability to become a barrister, because you will actually have the skills you need to succeed. Then when you are in interview simply show us who you are. You may not be what a lot of barristers are looking for, but eventually (if you are genuinely a good candidate) you will be.

This advice maps to this question. It is the wrong question, because it implies that you are going to change who you are in order to attract a girl. That is the wrong way of doing it. There are a lot of girls out there, and they will all be attracted to slightly different things. You don't need to attract all of them, just the one(s) that is/are right for you. And you do that by pursuing your own interests, doing what makes you happy, and building your own confidence and self esteem. If you're happy with who you are, you are far more likely to find a girl who is attracted to you, and not the person you're trying to artificially create to get a girlfriend.

Obviously this advice also applies to girls who are wondering what guys look for in a girl.

This is why your normally in the legal forum. Is this a joke or serious? I don’t want to become a barrister
(edited 4 years ago)
2 questions (u dont hav to answer both but at least one):

1. For girls who have large breasts and large nipples, how awkward is it if you're outside and it gets cold and u can feel ur erect nipples? And then do they rub against ur bra when u walk and feel more awkward? (sorry this question sounds rlly word in words but im generally curious about it lmao)
2. Whats YOUR preferred penis size in length? (and pls include width and colour if u can)

Yours sincerely,

An awkward but curious teen boy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending