The Student Room Group

i hate university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yewwow
I'm sorry to hear that. I know a lot of people can have trouble with the ~transitional period~ (that's just what I hear other people call it). Have you considered getting any help? A councillor should be able to help you with issues around motivation, at the very least, and there's nothing wrong with needing a bit of extra help

i wasnt considering getting help but after some of these responses i think i will talk to my personal tutor about it since i dont want this affecting my degree
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
i wasnt considering getting help but after some of these responses i think i will talk to my personal tutor about it since i dont want this affecting my degree

I hope it goes well! Take care of yourself!
I feel exactly the same, I hate it. Normally good at making friends but really been struggling at uni. Considering dropping out
I feel exactly the same, I hate it. Normally good at making friends but really been struggling at uni. Considering dropping out

What has happened?
What has happened?

Just finding it hard to meet people and make friends. Within the first week everyone had already had their groups and didn’t bother with anyone else
Just finding it hard to meet people and make friends. Within the first week everyone had already had their groups and didn’t bother with anyone else

Yeah it's hard. Don't give up and the same time don't be consumed by it.... and definitely don't think about dropping out... remember why you worked hard to get into uni.

Don't throw away your hardwork future and career prospects because you're not in a group .... most of these people are really immature anyway ...that's why they are not able to help others and invite them to their group when they see someone on their own ..
They have no EQ or SQ

Just pull yourself together and try a new approach but always remember your ultimate goal which is securing good grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending