The Student Room Group

Help on Nat 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, so I was getting ready to study for my prelims cpming up but I don't know how to study for both units in each subject, especially in Chemistry and Biology. These are the prelims/exams I am sitting:BiologyChemistryEnglishMathsHistoryArtAdminCan you think of ways to study for each subject to make it easier for me.Thanks
Reply 1
Hiya, last year I sat my Nat 5's and got all A's so I hope I can be of some assistance. Prelims can sometimes be stressful especially since it's your first real taste of being in an exam. For the subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Art and History I would recommend writing out notes and making flash cards to learn the different units. For maths, I would suggest learning the formulas that are not on the formula sheet and just keep practising past paper questions. Although it's not really advised, if you want to do really well in your English I would suggest learning a rough copy of an essay you have already written cause it can be very hard to write one from scratch in the prelim. Learn quotes for your commonality question and just go over the different types of RUAE questions and how to answer them. For Admin, write out notes for the theory and if you can, download some of the past papers off the SQA website and practise them.

If you have any questions, just ask! :smile:
Original post by xBeccaPx
Hiya, last year I sat my Nat 5's and got all A's so I hope I can be of some assistance. Prelims can sometimes be stressful especially since it's your first real taste of being in an exam. For the subjects like Biology, Chemistry, Art and History I would recommend writing out notes and making flash cards to learn the different units. For maths, I would suggest learning the formulas that are not on the formula sheet and just keep practising past paper questions. Although it's not really advised, if you want to do really well in your English I would suggest learning a rough copy of an essay you have already written cause it can be very hard to write one from scratch in the prelim. Learn quotes for your commonality question and just go over the different types of RUAE questions and how to answer them. For Admin, write out notes for the theory and if you can, download some of the past papers off the SQA website and practise them.

If you have any questions, just ask! :smile:

how do you write a rough copy without knowing what the question will be?
Original post by YoonminIsReal
how do you write a rough copy without knowing what the question will be?

Write out key quotes (quotes that can be applied to many themes). Try different essay questions, timed and not timed based on past papers. What is your text, is it prose, drama etc
Original post by withered.rose
Write out key quotes (quotes that can be applied to many themes). Try different essay questions, timed and not timed based on past papers. What is your text, is it prose, drama etc

its a prose
Original post by YoonminIsReal
its a prose

Ok, I did nat5 two years ago, I did prose as well. What’s your text? Mines was a short story so I had quotes that I memorised and could apply to any question, it may be different for you
Reply 6
Original post by withered.rose

Yes, I agree - just write as many essays based on past paper questions as you can, so you have basic copies of potential ones to use :smile: Also, you can learn an introduction as this should be the same no matter what essay question you get
Hey, I did Nat 5s last year and got 8As so hopefully I can help out:For chemistry, practice questions are the best thing, though try and not use up past papers as there aren’t very many and you’ll want to save them for the actual exams, but there are tons on questions online. The same goes for Maths.For English, make sure you know your texts well, and try to make sure your quotes are versatile so you don’t have to remember as many (coming from someone who really struggles remembering quotes)Also don’t stress, prelims don’t decide your final grade and especially since you do yours before Christmas you have tons of time until final exams! I got Ds in maths and chemistry and managed to get it up to As for the real exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending