The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missr6
Have people had confirmation emails from Birmingham yet? I got one for all my 3 other choices.

I received an applicant survey email about 5 days ago, beginning with the words "Thank you very much for your application to the University of Birmingham".
I'll take that as a good sign :P
Original post by cathasatail
I received an applicant survey email about 5 days ago, beginning with the words "Thank you very much for your application to the University of Birmingham".
I'll take that as a good sign :P

Me too!
Original post by missr6
Have people had confirmation emails from Birmingham yet? I got one for all my 3 other choices.

I haven't yet 😩
Hey all, I know it’s a bit late in the game to be saying this but has any one received a confirmation email? I ask because I’m pretty sure I didn’t get one...
Reply 84
Original post by Pseudovyn
Hey all, I know it’s a bit late in the game to be saying this but has any one received a confirmation email? I ask because I’m pretty sure I didn’t get one...

The only thing I got was an applicant survey, but at the start of it it said something like 'Thank you for applying to UoB...', so I just assumed they had got it
Reply 85
Hello everyone,

I hope that last years spreadsheet helped some of you grasp an idea of what entry requirement some universities wanted from the TSR sample.
Once you have your interview invite, feel free to add in your details that you're comfortable with to help those applying this year and those in the future.
If you make any mistakes, ctrl+z to remove them. If you need help, feel free to message me or try your best.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1raOdIae0T-QGzOIjGocTqyJpevYz-CSj4SKFn8Dj2kw/edit#gid=1201927031

Also, I'm aware that Birmingham has slightly changed things from last year, so do let me know if I've messed something up. Or feel free to change it yourself. I don't mind.

Good luck!
Original post by Bio.Sam
The only thing I got was an applicant survey, but at the start of it it said something like 'Thank you for applying to UoB...', so I just assumed they had got it

I only got the survey email too, glad I'm not the only one! UCAS says the same as the other uni's so I'm assuming it's fine. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one as all the other uni's sent confirmations. Thanks for getting back to me
Reply 87
I only got the survey email too, glad I'm not the only one! UCAS says the same as the other uni's so I'm assuming it's fine. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one as all the other uni's sent confirmations. Thanks for getting back to me

I had the same thought but I think it's all good. The panic and stress of applying and waiting makes things like this even worse as well so glad I could help
Has anyone received an interview invite yet? Or does it usually take longer for graduates?
Reply 89
Original post by Dee_andra666
Has anyone received an interview invite yet? Or does it usually take longer for graduates?

Think it takes a bit longer than undergraduate (I assume it’s because there’s less so they want to get the undergrads out the way first but maybe not the reason). Last year was around 20th Nov I think so maybe from next week?
I emailed Birmingham over a week ago with a query, but I have had no response. Does anybody know of a contact number for them? I can’t find it on their website :redface:
Original post by laurenjjj
I emailed Birmingham over a week ago with a query, but I have had no response. Does anybody know of a contact number for them? I can’t find it on their website :redface:

Hey, the only number I could find was for general enquires for the college of medical and dental sciences: +44 (0)121 414 3858

Another number you could try ringing is main switchboard and ask to be put through to medical admissions: +44 (0)121 414 3344

Hope that helps
Hey, the only number I could find was for general enquires for the college of medical and dental sciences: +44 (0)121 414 3858

Another number you could try ringing is main switchboard and ask to be put through to medical admissions: +44 (0)121 414 3344

Hope that helps

I will give that a go, thanks a lot 🙂
Has anyone applied for both Grad and Undergrad at Birmingham?
Reply 94
Original post by dh1995
They said if a GCSE grade was the only concerning aspect of the application they'd still consider it :smile:

Not sure if it would then put us at a disadvantage or what but doesn't sound like it would get chucked immediately into the no pile

Thanks for getting back to me! That’s good as I decided to apply to Birmingham in the end
Reply 95
Is it only A100 Birmingham they have started sending out invites for?
Original post by sigoe1
Is it only A100 Birmingham they have started sending out invites for?

It’d be safe to assume so. Last years invites for graduates went out around the first week of December I believe
Reply 97
It’d be safe to assume so. Last years invites for graduates went out around the first week of December I believe

That's good to know actually, thanks! I swear I found 20th Nov somewhere for last year so who knows what I was looking at. Here's me supplying false information :colondollar:
Original post by Bio.Sam
That's good to know actually, thanks! I swear I found 20th Nov somewhere for last year so who knows what I was looking at. Here's me supplying false information :colondollar:

It was 20th nov in 2018 entry when interviews were in dec, but last year interviews were in jan so invites came out 6th dec (can tell I’m obsessively stalking TSR lol). Bham website says this years interviews are most likely in dec so we should hear v soon!
Reply 99
Original post by olivejackson
It was 20th nov in 2018 entry when interviews were in dec, but last year interviews were in jan so invites came out 6th dec (can tell I’m obsessively stalking TSR lol). Bham website says this years interviews are most likely in dec so we should hear v soon!

I knew I saw it somewhere aha! I went through all the threads from 2018 and 2019 for each of my choices and wrote them in my phone lol. Must have mixed up which thread it was, thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending