The Student Room Group

A level Law Cambridge Uni

Can I get into Cambridge uni to study HSPS with an a level in law (as well as sociology and literature)
Hiya - applied to HSPS this year with Politics, History and Geography (and AS in bio). You should absolutely be able to apply with Law, considering it's an essay subject. Go for it!
Original post by @cheekiemonkie
Hiya - applied to HSPS this year with Politics, History and Geography (and AS in bio). You should absolutely be able to apply with Law, considering it's an essay subject. Go for it!

Thank you! Do you have any more tips, and what did you apply to for your other unis since HSPS is specific to Cambridge
Original post by Littlegeekgirl_
Thank you! Do you have any more tips, and what did you apply to for your other unis since HSPS is specific to Cambridge

No problem at all. I think other tips would just be to keep up to date with politics/current affairs and try to find out what it really is about the HSPS course that you are really interested in. Personally, I find identity politics and tribalism my favourite topic etc. Once you've done that maybe start reading around the topic (but dont neglect the broader aspects of your interest/the course) - but also dont worry about doing too much extra work/reading now. If you think you might struggle to get the predictions just focus on improving your grades and keeping on top of school work.

The other courses I applied to are: Politics at Edinburgh (pending), Politics & IR at Bath (offer), Politics & IR at Nottingham (offer), Politics & IR at Loughborough (offer).

Hope this helps!
Original post by @cheekiemonkie
No problem at all. I think other tips would just be to keep up to date with politics/current affairs and try to find out what it really is about the HSPS course that you are really interested in. Personally, I find identity politics and tribalism my favourite topic etc. Once you've done that maybe start reading around the topic (but dont neglect the broader aspects of your interest/the course) - but also dont worry about doing too much extra work/reading now. If you think you might struggle to get the predictions just focus on improving your grades and keeping on top of school work.

The other courses I applied to are: Politics at Edinburgh (pending), Politics & IR at Bath (offer), Politics & IR at Nottingham (offer), Politics & IR at Loughborough (offer).

Hope this helps!

That’s amazing! Thank you so much
did you end up getting an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending