The Student Room Group

Polite and formal way to say 'I see you are ignoring me' URGENT!

Any ideas.please?
I need something ASAP!!

Something that means 'I know you are ignoring me but I understand you may be busy too'

I need it to be formal and not very rude.

ty x
Just don't send anything.
Hi!
Maybe these variations :

Sorry, when could we get back to the stuff we've been discussing earlier?

Excuse me, could you please reply to me as this is really important.
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Just don't send anything.

Sorry I need to because its quite urgent and possibly a matter of life and death.
Reply 4
Original post by SpaceOdds
Hi!
Maybe these variations :

Sorry, when could we get back to the stuff we've been discussing earlier?

Excuse me, could you please reply to me as this is really important.

Thank you very much!
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry I need to because its quite urgent and possibly a matter of life and death.

Call them then.
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
Call them then.

Dont have the number! Lol

Then you say whatever it is you need to say. You don't need to bring up the fact they haven't responded to you (yet).
Reply 8
I was thinking along the lines of-

I see that you take delight in ignoring me (it's fine, I don't take things personally and I can completely understand why) ...
Any ideas.please?
I need something ASAP!!

Something that means 'I know you are ignoring me but I understand you may be busy too'

I need it to be formal and not very rude.

ty x

You can't. It's rude of you to presume they are ignoring you. They may have very legitimate reasons why they haven't responded to you yet, and it's rude of you not to consider and allow for that.

You should consider that they do have something more important than you to deal with, and apologise for interrupting when they are clearly busy, but explain what external deadline you need to make.

Dear X,

I realise you are probably very busy, but I need to met the deadline of X date to submit this information. Please could I ask if you can .....(do whatever you need from them)........ as soon as practical

Many thanks

Your name

If there isn't an external deadline (like UCAS) then you are pressing someone else just satisfy your desires, which is inconsiderate > rude of you.

I see that you take delight in ignoring me (it's fine, I don't take things personally and I can completely understand why) ...

That is neither polite nor formal. Just because you're not swearing at someone it doesn't magically become polite, you're clearly using a passive aggressive tone, and it won't help you at all if you're wanting the person to help you in anyway.

Yeah that's fine, send that.
Forward your previous email with something like:

Dear x

I am writing as I am keen to see if you received my below email. I do appreciate you are likely to be rather busy however this is a matter or urgency and I would greatly appreciate if you could ..(whatever it is you are after)

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

KR
Your name
it would help if you told us who it is and what you need...

people have given you some good options for more formal work emails but it sounds personal in which case it won't work....

one possibility for personal mails would be 'hi just checking in that you're ok as I hadn't heard from you' this can send the message you didn't reply without being aggressive about it.... but I also think you should consider if you really need to send the message at all, normally if someone doesn't reply it's cos they don't want to speak to you for some reason whether that's a you thing or a business thing or whatever else
you could say: hope you're ok, whatever you're going through I want you to know I'm here for you whenever you want to talk, take care xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending