The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What do you think is the meaning of Conditional?

Then check back all conditions on that letter and when you accomplish all conditions then only it’s becomes Unconditional
Reply 2
Original post by grKiro
What do you think is the meaning of Conditional?

Then check back all conditions on that letter and when you accomplish all conditions then only it’s becomes Unconditional

A not very helpful or very accurate reply I am afraid.

Universities can and do convert conditional offers to unconditional offers. This does not only occur as a result of interviews but other factors also. Obviously I could not say whether the university you are being interviewed by has this policy but it can happen.
Reply 3
Original post by Anon0601
A not very helpful or very accurate reply I am afraid.

Universities can and do convert conditional offers to unconditional offers. This does not only occur as a result of interviews but other factors also. Obviously I could not say whether the university you are being interviewed by has this policy but it can happen.

Listen, An Offer Letter becomes Conditional when it’s outlines the CONDITIONS

An Conditional Offer Letter upgrade to Unconditional, when all CONDITIONS met satisfyingly
Original post by K1TT3N<3
Hi!
I've been offered a conditional offer today, they are also inviting me to an interview / portfolio showcase. I was wondering whether the conditional offer can change into unconditional after the interview goes well?

Yes it can. I worked in a university where some applications were moved from conditional to unconditional after interview. IIRC and it was a few years ago now, this primarily happened to applicants with flags ie first in the family to go to university, free school meals etc.
Original post by grKiro

An Conditional Offer Letter upgrade to Unconditional, when all CONDITIONS met satisfyingly

Have a little compassion, the conditions of the offer may be to thrive in the interview.

It will definitely turn into an unconditional after your interview, hun.
Reply 6
Original post by cheerIeader
Have a little compassion, the conditions of the offer may be to thrive in the interview.

It will definitely turn into an unconditional after your interview, hun.

Then interview should have mentioned as a Condition, on the conditional letter
Reply 7
Original post by grKiro

Nonsense.

An offer letter could contain conditions (eg We offer a place subject to achieving grades AAB at A level). HOWEVER a university could subsequently change this to offer a place which is not subject to achieving any specified grades. This is an UNCONDITIONAL offer. The original conditions were never met satisfactorily they were withdrawn. Hence conditional becomes unconditional.
Reply 8
Original post by Anon0601
Nonsense.

An offer letter could contain conditions (eg We offer a place subject to achieving grades AAB at A level). HOWEVER a university could subsequently change this to offer a place which is not subject to achieving any specified grades. This is an UNCONDITIONAL offer. The original conditions were never met satisfactorily they were withdrawn. Hence conditional becomes unconditional.

Unless your real name is Google, Stop acting like you know everything
Reply 9
Original post by grKiro
Unless your real name is Google, Stop acting like you know everything

I would never claim to know everything. However, I would also not reply to a thread with a patently false statement and then double down on it.
If a Uni wants to make someone unconditional after attending an interview, without meeting any of the conditions stipulated in their offer, they absolutely can.
Original post by K1TT3N<3
Hi!
I've been offered a conditional offer today, they are also inviting me to an interview / portfolio showcase. I was wondering whether the conditional offer can change into unconditional after the interview goes well?

What are the conditions of the offer. If you are able to meet the conditions after the interview then yes it will go to unconditional offer letter but if your conditions are based on marks then no
Original post by Smpofficail
What are the conditions of the offer. If you are able to meet the conditions after the interview then yes it will go to unconditional offer letter but if your conditions are based on marks then no

This thread is 11 months old and I imagine the OP is attending uni now.
Original post by Admit-One
This thread is 11 months old and I imagine the OP is attending uni now.

Oh, I didn't see that , hahaahha
Original post by Smpofficail
Oh, I didn't see that , hahaahha

It's not a problem. the algorithm quite often recommends old threads for no reason. It catches me out every now and again too :smile:

Latest