The Student Room Group

dcisafkijabfgia

hi, im applying to Southampton, Kent, reading, royal Holloway and maybe Bristol. please give honest feedback!

phew! thanks guys, didn't realise this!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by riaaree

deleate this asap
Original post by riaaree

You do realise you have just posted your whole statement in a public forum so need to take it down as quickly as you can. You will also have to rewrite the whole thing as it may well be picked up in a plagiarism detector - please don’t post your statement on this part of the site - there is a dedicated private checker on here somewhere
(edited 4 years ago)
UCAS will put your PS through a plagarism checker, the longer u leave this up the more likely it gets picked up!!!
yeah i mean youll have to rewrite it now anyway because of the plagiarism checker - but the gist of it is pretty good, youve avoided most cliches which is good
Original post by DGeorge13
You do realise you have just posted your whole statement in a public forum so need to take it down as quickly as you can. You will also have to rewrite the whole thing as it may well be picked up in a plagiarism detector - please don’t post your statement on this part of the site - there is a dedicated private checker on here somewhere

Also edit out the PS from your comment...

no idea how often UCAS updates the checker but best to remove it just in case OP can still use it
Reply 6
Original post by riaaree
hi, im applying to Southampton, Kent, reading, royal Holloway and maybe Bristol. please give honest feedback!

can you guys still see it? i am so scared now that i will have to write it again!!
Original post by riaaree
can you guys still see it? i am so scared now that i will have to write it again!!

you should probably write it again just to be safe. even if it’s not flagged up from this website, anyone could’ve copied and pasted it while it was up, and they might submit it as their own work (before you do). better to be safe than sorry!
Original post by riaaree

FYI OP:
History as a degree is undersubscribed to, I skim read it quickly and it seems fine to me.

I suspect providing your predicted grades are alright, and you dont have anything dodgy on the rest of your application you will get 5 offers.

The barrier for entry into Uni is grades, if you get A's Bristol will take you, I suspect Southampton would take B's and the other unis might even accept little lower, best of luck just focus on getting excellent scores in August, as in the UK that's what really matters nowadays.
You'll have to rewrite this even if you took it down quickly, there could be a cached version floating around now even if someone else didn't save a copy.
Original post by riaaree

Hey there!
I know you were originally looking for personal statement feedback but I'm a social media assistant for the University of Kent and currently in my final year, so if you have any questions about life at Kent or applying to Kent then please feel free to ask! :smile: I'm happy to help where I can!
Good luck with your university applications :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by StudentRep Annabel
Hey there!
I know you were originally looking for personal statement feedback but I'm a social media assistant for the University of Kent and currently in my final year, so if you have any questions about life at Kent or applying to Kent then please feel free to ask! :smile: I'm happy to help where I can!
Good luck with your university applications :biggrin:

hi! yes i've got a few questions, what is nightlife like? what is the accommodation like in your opinion? in the second and third year, is rent cheap and is the area you move into nice and close to the uni?
Original post by riaaree
hi! yes i've got a few questions, what is nightlife like? what is the accommodation like in your opinion? in the second and third year, is rent cheap and is the area you move into nice and close to the uni?

No problem!
For a relatively small city I think the nightlife is quite good, obviously it is not as big as nightlife in larger cities like Manchester/Leeds/Birmingham, etc, but because there are 2 other universities in Canterbury there is still quite a lot going on and a good student feel to nightlife.

Personally, I really like the accommodation on offer at Kent both on and off campus. I was in Turing flats in my first year which were great, but I would also recommend checking out Keynes, Turing houses and Parkwood, those are the best three accommodation blocks in my opinion :smile: You can do virtual tours of all the accommodation here, if you wanted to check it out for yourself!

There is a lot of choice of places to live once you move off of campus. There are two main areas people move to when they move off campus;
Hales Place (typically cheaper rent, and really close to the uni but a bit further from town),
or in between the city centre and the University (often called St. Dunstans/St. Stephens area, rent is typically a bit more expensive but you're close to everything!) which is where I have always lived since being off of campus. There are also private student halls available for second and third year students but these are typically more expensive than renting a student house. I'd really recommend the St.Dunstans/St.Stephens area as you're a 15 minute walk from campus and a 5 minute walk from town so you have the best of both worlds. It is also a pretty area to live in and is on the main bus route to uni which is super convenient. Rent ranges a lot depending on how many people you share with and where abouts you decide to live, but from my experience, I would say that I have always paid a fair price for what I've got :smile: You can always take a look at Rightmove Students to get a feel for rent prices yourself!

I hope that this answers your questions! :biggrin:
No problem!
For a relatively small city I think the nightlife is quite good, obviously it is not as big as nightlife in larger cities like Manchester/Leeds/Birmingham, etc, but because there are 2 other universities in Canterbury there is still quite a lot going on and a good student feel to nightlife.

Personally, I really like the accommodation on offer at Kent both on and off campus. I was in Turing flats in my first year which were great, but I would also recommend checking out Keynes, Turing houses and Parkwood, those are the best three accommodation blocks in my opinion :smile: You can do virtual tours of all the accommodation here, if you wanted to check it out for yourself!

There is a lot of choice of places to live once you move off of campus. There are two main areas people move to when they move off campus;
Hales Place (typically cheaper rent, and really close to the uni but a bit further from town),
or in between the city centre and the University (often called St. Dunstans/St. Stephens area, rent is typically a bit more expensive but you're close to everything!) which is where I have always lived since being off of campus. There are also private student halls available for second and third year students but these are typically more expensive than renting a student house. I'd really recommend the St.Dunstans/St.Stephens area as you're a 15 minute walk from campus and a 5 minute walk from town so you have the best of both worlds. It is also a pretty area to live in and is on the main bus route to uni which is super convenient. Rent ranges a lot depending on how many people you share with and where abouts you decide to live, but from my experience, I would say that I have always paid a fair price for what I've got :smile: You can always take a look at Rightmove Students to get a feel for rent prices yourself!

Turing is definitely one of the best
Reply 14
No problem!

yes, thank you! this very helpful. for accommodation, I was looking at tyler court. what is your opinion on that?
Original post by riaaree
yes, thank you! this very helpful. for accommodation, I was looking at tyler court. what is your opinion on that?

Glad I could help! I don't know much about Tyler Court in all honesty! But I have been in the accommodation while filming content for Open Days and it looks really nice and modern! From what I have seen I would genuinely consider applying for accommodation there if I had my time again :smile: I have only seen inside Tyler Court B and C though (the en-suite ones), I don't know what Tyler Court A is like unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending