The Student Room Group

Behind in my GCSE’s and need help

I have really bad anxiety and struggle to get to school most days but this has made me really behind. I wanna do well at GCSEs but seeing as I find it really hard to attend school it has made it really difficult for me. I am often called smart by my family and teachers but I just feel so dumb because I am so behind. I wanna catch up but my school are really unhelpful and refuse to send any work home which has made this situation so much worse for me as I just feel so lost when I try and do work. I just need some form of guidance to get me back on track if there is any resources really just anything you recommend for me I would really appreciate it
Original post by Maddio4
I have really bad anxiety and struggle to get to school most days but this has made me really behind. I wanna do well at GCSEs but seeing as I find it really hard to attend school it has made it really difficult for me. I am often called smart by my family and teachers but I just feel so dumb because I am so behind. I wanna catch up but my school are really unhelpful and refuse to send any work home which has made this situation so much worse for me as I just feel so lost when I try and do work. I just need some form of guidance to get me back on track if there is any resources really just anything you recommend for me I would really appreciate it

Are you seeing the GP and have ether medication or therapy?

Are you year 10 or 11 and how far behind are you?

Just get some revision and text books then keep up with the spec. They dont have to send you home you can study at home to make notes.
Original post by Maddio4

which subjects are you looking at? my brother is being homeschooled so we have found a number of useful resources for certain subjects that i could recommend to you.
Reply 3
Original post by Maddio4

Im sorry, I tried to give you some information but my post was declined!
if you know what it is that you’re behind on, perhaps try seneca, as far as i’m aware it has a lot of gcse subjects on in a range of exam boards so you can find the right exam spec & subject area for you to focus on.

or, if you prefer flashcards, quizlet is a good one too. you can make flashcards of your own but in your case i think the better thing would be to use other people’s & catch up that way.

both of the above are free :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by max1st
Im sorry, I tried to give you some information but my post was declined!

Try using Khan Academy

Quick Reply

Latest