The Student Room Group

Need some advice on University

I was ill during my resits for University exams in August.
It was my last year, i am now submitting an appeal for a rejection of my claim.
Ive provided all relevant information and my request was to take further examinations in January, has this ever happened to anyone?
Reply 1
Any academics have any advice?
Original post by JokesOnYoo
I was ill during my resits for University exams in August.
It was my last year, i am now submitting an appeal for a rejection of my claim.
Ive provided all relevant information and my request was to take further examinations in January, has this ever happened to anyone?

You need to provide more information. Did you put in an extenuating circumstances claim for the resits? If so, and it's the one that was rejected, why was it rejected?
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You need to provide more information. Did you put in an extenuating circumstances claim for the resits? If so, and it's the one that was rejected, why was it rejected?

Hi, yes i did put in an EC for the resits i did in August, it was dejected because the evidence didn't show appropriate ongoing support for my mental health condition. I have since been told to file an academic appeal and supply evidence of condition support, how likely do you think it would be for me to be granted first sits again maybe in January time. I had a few anxiety attacks during my exams where my mind was blank and i could not think of anything, it really sucks for someone in my position because im now in around 50k of university debt and without even a decent degree classification
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Hi, yes i did put in an EC for the resits i did in August, it was dejected because the evidence didn't show appropriate ongoing support for my mental health condition. I have since been told to file an academic appeal and supply evidence of condition support, how likely do you think it would be for me to be granted first sits again maybe in January time. I had a few anxiety attacks during my exams where my mind was blank and i could not think of anything, it really sucks for someone in my position because im now in around 50k of university debt and without even a decent degree classification

It depends if another first sit in January is a viable option offered as part of a successful appeal. You really need to talk to your personal tutor/lecturer about possible outcomes, as these will vary by university.

Quick Reply

Latest