The Student Room Group

Future corporate prospects

Im a student in year 12 and I want to be part of the company/corporate scene for work. I’d like to be an executive at a company working on things like business, management etc at companies like google, Apple etc.
I’ve also heard that business degrees are not looked upon very well so I was thinking about doing an undergrad in law (which I’ve been thinking about anyway) then masters in business.
Has anyone got any suggestions or further advice ?
Original post by Shafiq Amin
Im a student in year 12 and I want to be part of the company/corporate scene for work. I’d like to be an executive at a company working on things like business, management etc at companies like google, Apple etc.
I’ve also heard that business degrees are not looked upon very well so I was thinking about doing an undergrad in law (which I’ve been thinking about anyway) then masters in business.
Has anyone got any suggestions or further advice ?

Business Management... what do you mean by that?

Most 'business' type roles e.g. Program/Project Management, account management etc have no specific degree requirements. You should be fine to do a business degree, just make sure you get plenty of experience during summer breaks at university through internships.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Business Management... what do you mean by that?

Most 'business' type roles e.g. Program/Project Management, account management etc have no specific degree requirements. You should be fine to do a business degree, just make sure you get plenty of experience during summer breaks at university through internships.

I wanna work as a part of a team, getting products out, meeting clients, that kind of thing. The kind of thing a CEO does if you understand.
Original post by Shafiq Amin
I wanna work as a part of a team, getting products out, meeting clients, that kind of thing. The kind of thing a CEO does if you understand.

You've literally described what everyone in an office does.

Your choice of undergraduate degree is not going to impact your ability to be part of the S-team at a company....
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending