The Student Room Group

Mechanics 2 ial

does a tone know how to do MECHANICS 2 IAL 2017 JUNE paper? Please help with number 5 😭😭😭
image-9163b96a-6678-4981-b51b-64e3e79d985b2815210522361606136-compressed.jpg.jpeg
The particle becomes a projectile under the influence of gravity (and nothing else) at the instant it passes point B. You will need to determine the horizontal and vertical components of the particle's velocity at B. Thereafter it's a projectile question, albeit you can use conservation of energy to help you in part (b).
Original post by old_engineer
The particle becomes a projectile under the influence of gravity (and nothing else) at the instant it passes point B. You will need to determine the horizontal and vertical components of the particle's velocity at B. Thereafter it's a projectile question, albeit you can use conservation of energy to help you in part (b).

I did but somehow the answer is different from the marking scheme
Original post by Kim Seung Yeon
I did but somehow the answer is different from the marking scheme

What did you get ?
Original post by RDKGames
What did you get ?

I probably got 4.2 or something
I probably got 4.2 or something

You don't know what you got... ? And for which part of the question ?? Be clear if you're asking for help.
You don't know what you got... ? And for which part....

for part b I got 4.2 for the speed
for part b I got 4.2 for the speed

And your reasoning for that is ... ?
And your reasoning for that is ... ?

the law of conservation of energy what else....
the law of conservation of energy what else....

Well clearly you applied it incorrectly. So if you explain exactly how you got it then we'd be happy to help. We're not going to do this question and serve the answer on a plate for you if that's what you're expecting.
Well clearly you applied it incorrectly. So if you explain exactly how you got it then we'd be happy to help. We're not going to do this question and serve the answer on a plate for you if that's what you're expecting.

I just used the ke + mgh at highest point = ke at lowest point , correct me if I'm wrong??
I just used the ke + mgh at highest point = ke at lowest point , correct me if I'm wrong??

Sounds good to me. Obviously this is is also the KE at the start of the ramp which implies u and w are the same since they're on the same level and energy has been conserved throughout the entire motion up the ramp and projected off it.
Sounds good to me. Obviously this is is also the KE at the start of the ramp which implies u and w are the same since they're on the same level and energy has been conserved throughout the entire motion up the ramp and projected off it.

so is u=w??
Original post by rdkgames
sounds good to me. Obviously this is is also the ke at the start of the ramp which implies u and w are the same since they're on the same level and energy has been conserved throughout the entire motion up the ramp and projected off it.

thank you so much i understood now

Quick Reply

Latest