The Student Room Group

how to be a morning person

I hateeeeee waking up. I feel physically sick. I have never woken up before 12 am for the last 4 years. I miss a lot of uni lectures in the morning and feel really bad about it.

Please help me change my life around.
Original post by Confffffffused
I hateeeeee waking up. I feel physically sick. I have never woken up before 12 am for the last 4 years. I miss a lot of uni lectures in the morning and feel really bad about it.

Hi there! I feel your pain. I was the same kind of person. But I managed to change it. The only possible thing to make you wake up earlier is motivation. Uni isn't enough motivation for you obviously. So, try to reward yourself for waking up. I started to love mornings when I realized how perfect they are while most people are still sleeping,the streets are quiet, the house is quiet, and I have time for myself only. I turn on my fav serials, cook myself a really tasty breakfast, think of my plans for this day. And that's the best time of my day actually. Try it. Hopefully, it will help you as well.
You need to shift your body clock. It won't be easy. Start going to bed at 21:00, then MAKE yourself get up - NO EXCUSES - at 06:00...EVERY DAY (even Weekends). Take exercise and drink coffee when you wake.

After a while, your new midday will be 08:00.

A
I hope this works ughhhhhhh but how will I sleep by 9?
TBH I have nothing to look forward to when waking up (especially when I am not in halls and at home...well in halls too)
Original post by Mr Aitch
You need to shift your body clock. It won't be easy. Start going to bed at 21:00, then MAKE yourself get up - NO EXCUSES - at 06:00...EVERY DAY (even Weekends). Take exercise and drink coffee when you wake.

After a while, your new midday will be 08:00.

A

That seems excessive. Grown ups don't go to bed at 9.
Original post by LadyMcCartney4

It's meant to be excessive. Grown ups don't stay in bed until 12:00, either - if they want to make anything of their lives...

A
It's meant to be excessive. Grown ups don't stay in bed until 12:00, either - if they want to make anything of their lives...

A

Well you don't have to go from one extreme to another. It's a stupidly early time to go to sleep and wake up. Sleeping from 11 to 8 seems more reasonable to me. There's no reason to be awake at six.
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh, believe me - some advocate wa\king no later than 04:00. Also - personally, I accomplish twice as much in each hour before midday, as those after...

A
Oh, believe me - some advocate wa\king no later than 04:00. Also - personally, I accomplish twice as much in each hour before midday, as those after...

A

Were you quoting me?
You must be in the army then lol. Op is a uni student. They're going to miss out on a lot of they take your advice.
Anyway it's up to them.
Personally I always sleep in as long as possible to make my days as short as possible lol.

I go to sleep around 9.30pm.. :wizard:
Original post by Sabertooth
I go to sleep around 9.30pm.. :wizard:

:0 you must wake up very early.
:0 you must wake up very early.

8.15am and that's still difficult. I can relate to OP's problem; mornings suck.
8.15am and that's still difficult. I can relate to OP's problem; mornings suck.

Wow so you get almost 11 hours of sleep a night? Im jealous lol
Wow so you get almost 11 hours of sleep a night? Im jealous lol

If I didn't have to be at work for 9 it'd be more. :colondollar:

I don't know how I'm going to stay up until 1130pm on Sunday for the new Rick & Morty.
If I didn't have to be at work for 9 it'd be more. :colondollar:

I don't know how I'm going to stay up until 1130pm on Sunday for the new Rick & Morty.

I don't envy you, at least I don't have to wake up in the mornings.
Original post by Confffffffused

You have lectures at 12am?

I'm often in bed by 9. :lol: I get up between 5:30-6am for work though.
Original post by sinfonietta
I'm often in bed by 9. :lol: I get up between 5:30-6am for work though.

i dont know how people get up that early esp in the winter when it's still dark until 8am.

Quick Reply

Latest