The Student Room Group

Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Scroll to see replies

did you go?
Reply 21
Original post by florencekath
did you go?

No
I applied for this an have been told I have been successful and I had the same thing central London photo shoot all paid for and £50 deposit which you get back my mam worried it’s a scam did you go further with this?
tbh i think it may be a scam. all the top agencies say never to give money, even just a deposit.
Original post by Ewaterhouse10
I applied for this an have been told I have been successful and I had the same thing central London photo shoot all paid for and £50 deposit which you get back my mam worried it’s a scam did you go further with this?

This isn't even a question you should be asking. It's most certainly a scam. 100% they're taking advantage of you.
Reply 25
Original post by SUZ68
I had Ahmed ring me today ... with this opportunity! Same thing bring along 7 outfits to soho next Saturday with the promise of earning 4,000 a month part time... I was told they are investing in me as the whole shoot will be over 1,200 which was their investment in me!!! After thinking about it 🤭 why on earth would they pay out that amount on someone they’ve not even met!!!I’m sure this isn’t genuine....

No I didn’t go .... and tbh - have no intention of going
Hi there . I was wondering if you have received your pics yet. I did my photo shoot yesterday and I was really happy with the results . I am not paying any money to them at the moment as I don’t believe they can deliver what they say they can . Pictures are way too expensive and also there is no such thing as working 10-15 days a month as a new model . They did have a professional set up and everyone was very friendly but I really don’t think they are legit . No webpage , no signature on emails , no contact details at all . That has warning bells on if you ask me .
Original post by Quick-use
This isn't even a question you should be asking. It's most certainly a scam. 100% they're taking advantage of you.

You have the chance of getting some good pics but it’s a scam for sure as they have no connection to any agencies . I did the shoot yesterday but didn’t give them any money . They showed me my pictures and I was super happy with them but they ask way to much money for them . They don’t have any signature on any of their emails or contact details and for me this is very strange .
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nicoleta1234
Don't do it!

They will try and convince you either way to pay for the portfolio . That’s how they get paid . But it’s way too expensive . I did my shoot yesterday and gave them the £50 deposit . They were happy to give it back to me . They are not connected to any agencies and they don’t have any signatures on any emails you get from them . I was however very happy with my pictures and would like to buy them but I’m not going to give them any where near the £2400 they asking for ...
Original post by amzy90
Hi I received a call today and I agree it sounded so genuine and legit. They have sent me a PayPal link to pay then sent her the receipt through. Does anyone have any facts that this is a scam as in has it happened to you?also when someone calls me my phones identifies the caller the number they called me on came up as scam/fraud. -extortion
Thanks guys :smile:

R

Original post by pearl_25
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.

If you are successful(and you will be) l to go forward, to buy the portfolio is a must. The job is not guaranteed and the contract is not cancellation policy. The cheapest is 500£ following 870£, 2000£ and more. With big words they make you buying photos. Nothing else. Make sure in the room is planty light and read the damn contract!
you are successful(and you will be) l to go forward, to buy the portfolio is a must. The job is not guaranteed and the contract is not cancellation policy. The cheapest is 500£ following 870£, 2000£ and more. With big words they make you buying photos. Nothing else. Make sure in the room is planty light and read the damn contract!
Original post by Ewaterhouse10

you are successful(and you will be) l to go forward, to buy the portfolio is a must. The job is not guaranteed and the contract is not cancellation policy. The cheapest is 500£ following 870£, 2000£ and more. With big words they make you buying photos. Nothing else. Make sure in the room is planty light and read the damn contract!

Original post by SUZ68
I had Ahmed ring me today ... with this opportunity! Same thing bring along 7 outfits to soho next Saturday with the promise of earning 4,000 a month part time... I was told they are investing in me as the whole shoot will be over 1,200 which was their investment in me!!! After thinking about it 🤭 why on earth would they pay out that amount on someone they’ve not even met!!!I’m sure this isn’t genuine....
Hi, I went to a shoot yesterday and had to pay £625.. Did your daughter receive her photos? I’m starting to panic a bit as everyone seems to be saying it’s a scam. I’m just hoping I’ll at least get my photos and escape before they can take more money off of me...
Reply 35
Hi, I had a test shoot with them on the 19th October just gone and it’s genuine it’s just off of oxford street. It’s a small studio but it was a lot of fun. It was busy on the day I went so I didn’t leave until around 8pm even though my appointment was at 1pm.
Reply 36
Hi, I went to the studio in London and it’s very much legit. They have to spend a certain amount of money on you because not all of us a rich enough to pay for a test shoot, they said they will make the money back when I start earning money. I signed a contract as I was successful and I’m now paying for my portfolio I will be able to start work in February and I hope it’s not a scam like everyone is saying because I’m paying £2500 for this portfolio. And how did all of these people get randomly contacted if identity management didn’t have their numbers, I registered online and that’s how they got my number. They’re not going to randomly call all of these people because none of them could have any interest in modeling and therefore it would be a waste of their time and resources. It’s not a scam and unless you’ve actually been there, been successful and got to the point where your supposed to start work you can’t say anything negative because you don’t know if you haven’t got to the working stage.
Original post by CTMW
Hi, I went to the studio in London and it’s very much legit. They have to spend a certain amount of money on you because not all of us a rich enough to pay for a test shoot, they said they will make the money back when I start earning money. I signed a contract as I was successful and I’m now paying for my portfolio I will be able to start work in February and I hope it’s not a scam like everyone is saying because I’m paying £2500 for this portfolio. And how did all of these people get randomly contacted if identity management didn’t have their numbers, I registered online and that’s how they got my number. They’re not going to randomly call all of these people because none of them could have any interest in modeling and therefore it would be a waste of their time and resources. It’s not a scam and unless you’ve actually been there, been successful and got to the point where your supposed to start work you can’t say anything negative because you don’t know if you haven’t got to the working stage.

Oh love, I'm sorry, but don't give them any money. When you start work with a legitimate model agency you build a portfolio for free working as a team with models, photographers and make-up artists all just starting out (the others will usually have been assisting more experienced professionals previously). The photographers have relationships with the 'new faces' sections of agencies and it's a give and take arrangement - you might pay for prints, but all of you are working to get one thing out of the shoot - pictures for your portfolio. Your agent may not even like them enough to put them in your portfolio, but at least you get free experience. No good agency needs to see a 'professional' portfolio from a new model - they want to see you, in person with little make up on, and maybe a few shots you have that you like. That's it - they are experienced enough to make a decision about you from that. If they want to see more pictures of you they will organise it, and it shouldn't cost you anything.
Hi, I put the deposit in today for the test shoot which is meant to be on Wednesday but after reading this I don’t want to go anymore and I’m 99% sure it’s a scam, if I go into my branch tomorrow will they help me get my money back? I paid with my debit card
I'm not sure - a debit card takes money out of your account straight away, so doesn't have the usual legal protections of a credit card. Sometimes the transaction doesn't come up until the next day so if you get there early and speak to someone there they might be able to help you. I don't think what they are doing is illegal, they are charging you for a shoot basically. But it is unethical to promise you work that you probably wont get. It seems like they also suck you in further with more payments for prints etc. I'm happy to advise you further if the bank can't stop your payment. If you can't get the money back, and depending on the circumstances, you could just see it as a regular photo shoot you are paying for, but a) don't sign anything and b) don't hand over any more money. How much did you pay and what are they promising, if you don't mind saying?

Quick Reply

Latest