The Student Room Group

I’m home alone and I think there’s Someone here

Im not sure but i don’t know what to do.

EDIT: okay so after walking around my house with a knife in my hand I’ve found out I left the tv on and I have some excessively noisy neighbours. Thanks for the advice guys.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

if you genuinely believe someone is intruding in your home, call the police...
Mb leave your house
Reply 3
ring or facetime someone. ring your landline from your mobile. keep us posted. hope your okay. How long are you alone for?
Original post by Daek
Im not sure but idk what to do

Text ur parents, friends etc
My kinda thread.
Reply 6
Ring or pretend to ring someone (text em in advance) and give the idea that they're on the way to yours.
hello? are you still there
Reply 8
I'm worried
Reply 9
Original post by st15051
I'm worried

I’m okay now thanks for worrying
Reply 10
Original post by studyhelp!!!
hello? are you still there

I’m here!
Darn this would’ve made a great ‘mr nightmare’ YouTube horror story. Oh well at least you’re ok 😂 sounds like something i’d do as well tbh
Original post by Daek
I’m okay now thanks for worrying

good to hear your safe! I mean idek you but I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at night if you hadn't replied.
glad you are safe OP
Original post by aciana
glad you are safe OP

bit unrelated but the message u left on my profile is so sweet tysm xxxxxxx
Original post by Daek
Im not sure but idk what to do.

EDIT: okay so after walking around my house with a knife in my hand I’ve found out I left the tv on and I have some excessively noisy neighbours. Thanks for the advice guys.

How old are you btw? I’m very curious as to why you think, if you was being robbed/someone broke in, posting to tsr to ask strangers is the smart thing to do? You’re not mature enough to phone 999 in case of emergencies?? Even if no one was there, like they werent, it would have been a genuine enquiry and the right thing to do.
Reply 16
Original post by Daek
Im not sure but idk what to do.

Lmao love how your first instinct was to go on here
Original post by st15051
bit unrelated but the message u left on my profile is so sweet tysm xxxxxxx

you're welcome :smile:
Next time, if you really think that somebody is in your house, call 999. I've been to lots of false alarms, and they're a bit annoying, but it's better than the one call I went to when it was a genuine intruder and the occupants had written it off as a cat or a fox (and then walked into the kitchen to find a burglar).
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
How old are you btw? I’m very curious as to why you think, if you was being robbed/someone broke in, posting to tsr to ask strangers is the smart thing to do? You’re not mature enough to phone 999 in case of emergencies?? Even if no one was there, like they werent, it would have been a genuine enquiry and the right thing to do.

I’m old enough, don’t worry.
I wasn’t sure what to do because I wasn’t certain if there was actually someone here and I was looking for support. I actually asked someone to come over to stay with me instead of calling 999 because In my experience, that’s not a number I would want to call. Try to be less rude next time you comment, I’m sure someone will appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest