The Student Room Group

Want Brexit but going to vote Labour

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flamingolover
They aren't against it. I see labour as for the people and conservative for the country. As in labours focus is helping the people and spending and benefits and welfare. And thats great. Conservatives care about the economy getting us out of the deficit paying our debts of making sure we can function as a country. Equally important so one cant exist without the other.. It doesn't mean they are against welfare. Conservatives haven't tackled mass migration and open borders as they couldn't/cant within the EU because that is part of the EU regulations

That has been debunked. We can control our borders and send back migrants after three months. The government couldn't be arsed controlling the numbers.
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
lol, like the whole "i have black friends, im not racist" - says the dude talking about elitist plots, "rapefugees" and "aliens" - hope you get better soon :smile:

I’m perfectly well, thank you very much for your unwanted concern that wasn’t need in the first place. Just because doesn’t agree with your views especially regarding sensitive subjects and never allowed college/uni lecturers indoctrinated me with leftist propaganda doesn’t give you the right to question my mental health. What did I say that’s racist? Blinkered lefties like yourself use words like racist, homophobe, sexist, transphobe as a dog whistle to shut down sensible debate and invalidate people with different ideas than you. Accept people don’t think the same way as you do.
Anyone that would seriously vote Conservative right now is done out ere, no saving them.
Original post by Castro Saint
Anyone that would seriously vote Conservative right now is done out ere, no saving them.

I’m voting for The Brexit Party because my consistency have 73% Leave and the seat is held by Remainer Labour MP
Original post by Other_Owl
That has been debunked. We can control our borders and send back migrants after three months. The government couldn't be arsed controlling the numbers.

that's not just the Conservatives thought thats the government as a whole entity
Reply 25
Before voting for the Brexit party consider this.

How has Brexit affected you personally in the last 3 years? For me it's just been drama and debate.

There will be no huge personal gain in getting Brexit done. All the immigrants have their rights secured.
If you vote Labour they have a lot of social policies that can help people straight away.

I'm starting to get over Brexit now. It's definitely not more important than reduced or free tution fees for example.
Original post by adam271
Before voting for the Brexit party consider this.

How has Brexit affected you personally in the last 3 years? For me it's just been drama and debate.

There will be no huge personal gain in getting Brexit done. All the immigrants have their rights secured.
If you vote Labour they have a lot of social policies that can help people straight away.

I'm starting to get over Brexit now. It's definitely not more important than reduced or free tution fees for example.

If Brexit is cancelled, or we only get a Brexit in name, then there is the potential for civil war. Large numbers of Leave voters are not going to be happy that the government has totally torn up democracy like that. The Brexit Party or UKIP will continue to hang over this country like a dark shadow for as long as it remains in the EU, unless the Conservatives 100% commit themselves to Brexit at the next (2024?) general election and by then Corbyn will almost certainly resign - assuming that he is still alive.
Reply 27
Maybe but I don't take that view.

Scots will always want independence yet they are not going to go to war. Well not again anyway.

Also the Brexit farage wants is very pro business but not big on workers rights.
I'd rather have a soft Brexit.
Reply 28
Original post by AnxiousAtypical
That’s such a dumb question to ask. You honestly these migrants are doctors, lawyers, architectures, etc? They are unskilled aliens. Europe has migrant crisis particular in other countries like Sweden, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany & Spain. We never asked, never wanted and never needed being poured in from Romania, Bulgaria, Senegal, Syria etc thanks to the globalists elitist that want to replace Europe with third world occupancy.. Don’t say it’s a refugees crisis (I call them rapefugees) because most of them are full grown men fleeing specifically to Britain because of our lenient benefits system.

Cool rant bro.
But you still haven't explained how "third world migrants abuse the benefit system".
I suspect you have no idea how the benefits system works in the context of refugees, asylum seekers and illegal immigrants. You probably think they go to the front of the housing queue along with hundreds of pounds of cash handouts. That only happens in the Mail.
Reply 29
Original post by Burton Bridge
I'm trying to comfort myself that borris Johnson is quite a center ground Tory in social policies and with Brexit out the way, we can get rid of them later. Where as the damage to democracy labour would do is just too much, I'm country before party.

"I'm left-wing but think Johnson is a moderate, Mogg is a fine chap and the country will be better off without a welfare state or workers' rights".
Pfft!
Don't know why you even pretend to not be a Tory lickspittle.
Reply 30
Original post by Arran90
If Brexit is cancelled, or we only get a Brexit in name, then there is the potential for civil war. Large numbers of Leave voters are not going to be happy that the government has totally torn up democracy like that. The Brexit Party or UKIP will continue to hang over this country like a dark shadow for as long as it remains in the EU, unless the Conservatives 100% commit themselves to Brexit at the next (2024?) general election and by then Corbyn will almost certainly resign - assuming that he is still alive.

Well, interesting to see which side Nigel will be on during this, both May's Deal and the Boris Deal are more BRINO than what he was signed up to in 2016, back then he embraced Flexcit- the gradual withdrawal using EEA/EFTA staging- but of course three years is a long time.

Good article on what he was signed up for then and his currrent position here.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/11/08/when-he-supported-norway-the-brexit-policy-farage-would-rath
That’s such a dumb question to ask. You honestly these migrants are doctors, lawyers, architectures, etc? They are unskilled aliens. Europe has migrant crisis particular in other countries like Sweden, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany & Spain. We never asked, never wanted and never needed being poured in from Romania, Bulgaria, Senegal, Syria etc thanks to the globalists elitist that want to replace Europe with third world occupancy.. Don’t say it’s a refugees crisis (I call them rapefugees) because most of them are full grown men fleeing specifically to Britain because of our lenient benefits system.

so basically you’re a bigoted racist and therefore your political stance and opinions do not matter to me whatsoever. get some help.
Reply 32
Original post by QE2
"I'm left-wing but think Johnson is a moderate, Mogg is a fine chap and the country will be better off without a welfare state or workers' rights".
Pfft!
Don't know why you even pretend to not be a Tory lickspittle.

Fun fact the people who want Brexit like Jacob Rees mogg. Want immigration. They have never denied this they just want it controlled.

They want to remove the rights of immigrants to use our institutions e.g NHS, benefits etc.
They still want their services though.

Ideally for them if their is a shortage of skilled labour then they will just send out a call to some third world country for lorry drivers or plumbers etc.

Then they can get cheap labour without the burden on the NHS or social system.

The Brexit these guys want is not compatible with the Brexit the People in the Labour heart land want.

I think we could see a real increase in immigrants taking peoples jobs in a hard Brexit.
Reply 33
Original post by the bear
vote Corbin, get Stalin

Is that like "Vote Johnson, get Hitler", or "Vote Swinson, goes some extreme caricature of a female liberal leader"?

(And it's "Corbyn". Not like you don't see his name dozens of times a day)
Original post by QE2
Is that like "Vote Johnson, get Hitler", or "Vote Swinson, goes some extreme caricature of a female liberal leader"?

(And it's "Corbyn". Not like you don't see his name dozens of times a day)

Vote Corbin, get Stalin
Original post by adam271
The Brexit these guys want is not compatible with the Brexit the People in the Labour heart land want.

There is some truth to this but the choice in the Labour heartlands is vote Brexit Party and get Brexit or vote Labour and remain in the EU.

Labour patently cannot be trusted on Brexit for as long as Remain is a choice in their promised 2nd referendum. In fact they can't be trusted to even deliver the 2nd referendum and could well just cancel Brexit outright.
Reply 36
That’s such a dumb question to ask. You honestly these migrants are doctors, lawyers, architectures, etc?

Yes.
They are unskilled aliens.

You seem to be projecting.
. We never asked, never wanted and never needed being poured in from Romania, Bulgaria, Senegal, Syria etc thanks to the globalists elitist that want to replace Europe with third world occupancy..

You're a racist moron. And wrong for that matter.
Don’t say it’s a refugees crisis (I call them rapefugees) because most of them are full grown men fleeing specifically to Britain because of our lenient benefits system.

To be honest theyre almost certainly more valuble to the country than you, especially going by your abhorrent profile. Although i do find it amusing that you admit to being decided from '3rd world immigrants' the irony is horrific.
Original post by the bear
Vote Corbin, get Stalin

xD reminds me of something I saw in the Sun: 'why I'm voting for Kinnock - by Stalin'
Original post by deathbyfm
xD reminds me of something I saw in the Sun: 'why I'm voting for Kinnock - by Stalin'

:five:

it's best to keep things simple.

Vote Corbin, get Stalin
Original post by Napp
Well wouldnt that at least half be the tories bad?

Yes it would.

Quick Reply