The Student Room Group

Identity Management - Modelling Platform Scam or Genuine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by expatmum
I'm not sure - a debit card takes money out of your account straight away, so doesn't have the usual legal protections of a credit card. Sometimes the transaction doesn't come up until the next day so if you get there early and speak to someone there they might be able to help you. I don't think what they are doing is illegal, they are charging you for a shoot basically. But it is unethical to promise you work that you probably wont get. It seems like they also suck you in further with more payments for prints etc. I'm happy to advise you further if the bank can't stop your payment. If you can't get the money back, and depending on the circumstances, you could just see it as a regular photo shoot you are paying for, but a) don't sign anything and b) don't hand over any more money. How much did you pay and what are they promising, if you don't mind saying?

They said that I would be successful and I would be getting at minimum £300-£500 a day for just being in the background of tv shows etc and could even be modelling for boohoo etc for £1000+ per shoot and could even be sent to places like Marbella for summer shoots and it would all be paid for me etc and could go to London fashion week next year with all expenses paid etc and would get 12-15 jobs a month, they said 90-95% of people are successful so I’m guaranteed a place, I’ve contacted my bank and they were very sympathetic and said that they have a team that deals with things like this so to come into the bank tomorrow and talk to them and they’ll try my best to get the money back so I’m feeling better but I’m so glad I stumbled on this discussion otherwise I would’ve gone to the shoot on Wednesday
Original post by Meganb19
They said that I would be successful and I would be getting at minimum £300-£500 a day for just being in the background of tv shows etc and could even be modelling for boohoo etc for £1000+ per shoot and could even be sent to places like Marbella for summer shoots and it would all be paid for me etc and could go to London fashion week next year with all expenses paid etc and would get 12-15 jobs a month, they said 90-95% of people are successful so I’m guaranteed a place, I’ve contacted my bank and they were very sympathetic and said that they have a team that deals with things like this so to come into the bank tomorrow and talk to them and they’ll try my best to get the money back so I’m feeling better but I’m so glad I stumbled on this discussion otherwise I would’ve gone to the shoot on Wednesday

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure you would enjoy the shoot, but it depends what you hope for out of it. I'm a 50 year old mum, who modelled for 8 years all over the world, and have friends that run top model agencies in London and New York, so I have a fair bit of experience. Unless you are spectacular looking you need to be at least 5ft 8 inches, be no larger than a size 8, probably a size 6 these days, and also have a look that they like to do any high end modelling. There are all sorts of different types of modelling though - people do smaller, regional stuff, car shows, promotional work etc, but there's no way you're going to London Fashion Week if you fall into that category. In the fashion world there's no such thing as 'guaranteed a place'. You are represented by an agency free of charge - in return for which they take a cut of your earnings (it used to be 20%). You can leave any time and they can let you go anytime if things don't work out - you are basically self-employed and will pay tax as such. If you would really like to try to be a model and think you'd fall into the category above I could list a few agencies that are respectable, if you like.
Original post by Meganb19
Hi, I put the deposit in today for the test shoot which is meant to be on Wednesday but after reading this I don’t want to go anymore and I’m 99% sure it’s a scam, if I go into my branch tomorrow will they help me get my money back? I paid with my debit card

They sale photos 10 images 500£, 40 img 875£, and the e 2000....
Hi, I have had the same thing. What happened with yours, did you go?
Reply 44
Did she get her photos and any job after all??
Reply 45
Original post by Ccciuma
For all who get scammed and paid with debit card, go to your branch and ask them to initiate a chargebach, explain them the whole situation and they will help you to get your money back, this is what happened to me and fortunately with success!

i payd £275, rest suppose to be in instolments, my bank after calling them would not help as I signed a contract....
Did they refund the deposit money?
Reply 47
No!
this is absolutely a scam, they brought me to the shoot, had a photographer and studio all lined up as well as makeup artists and then told me I was chosen amongst the 50 applicants and then asked me for 600 pounds to pay for the portfolio in order to get jobs... Foolishly I even paid! and then they gave me a model manager, 'Aiden Jones' who proceeded to send me links for various other scam websites. Do not go to this place! and if you do throw something at them!!
Reply 49
why no one here yet been on police or other places to report them? I have been and I am going to take this case further. I would like to invite all of you to do the same. I am going to create private group on facebook where all who are interested in compensation and getting their money baca as well as finishing this *******s! are invited to join - let me think of the name of the group... and please request joining there and we will fight this cheaters!
Reply 50
Original post by Magjam
why no one here yet been on police or other places to report them? I have been and I am going to take this case further. I would like to invite all of you to do the same. I am going to create private group on facebook where all who are interested in compensation and getting their money baca as well as finishing this *******s! are invited to join - let me think of the name of the group... and please request joining there and we will fight this cheaters!

I have created the group called "beyoutiful model takes all" please find it add yourself and lets fight them
Reply 51
Original post by pearl_25
Hi guys!! I have had a call from 'Identity Management' this morning and they claimed they want to do a 'test shoot' for me so they can decide whether I am successful or not so I can then get a gateway to work with different modelling agencies. I was asked for £50 deposit which is refundable after the test shoot. I received a couple of emails which doesn't seem to have any signature on it. The company is registered as 'Lost Media Limited' under Reg no. 09848881 and I have done my research to check under companies house it appears to be a dormant company with '£1 investment'. I have read heaps of your comments so thanks for this forum I just wanted to know am I understanding this correctly this is defiantly a 'SCAM'. But still taking my chances to write here to see what you have to say and are there any any chances of it being genuine (hate when someone plays like this with your DREAMS with ugly SCAMS!!!). Please advise.

I created Fb group where I want to invite all victims of these ppl (me included!) and I want to fight this scamers. please add yourself to the group. group is called - "beyoutiful model takes all" and it has a picture of 4 models as a cover
Reply 52
Original post by LuigiMario
https://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/lost-media-limited-09848881/

some more details... keep reading widely

TANSTAAFL might apply (there aint no such thing as a free lunch)

You can look at the email RAW metadata and see exactly (or probably) which IPv4 address it really came from, can check at some online email header analysis free services too - https://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx - especially fun is to check that IPv4 (e.g 127.0.0.1 etc) as a URL at virustotal.com and see what similar services are "hosted" at that same IPv4, and how bad they are reputationally

I created Fb group where I want to invite all victims of these ppl (me included!) and I want to fight this scamers. please add yourself to the group. group is called - "beyoutiful model takes all" and it has a picture of 4 models as a cover
Reply 53
HI ALL PLEASE LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CASE - ITS HELL LOTS OF MONEY THEY TAKE FROM US!!! I created Fb group where I want to invite all victims of these ppl (me included!) and I want to fight this scamers. please add yourself to the group. group is called - "beyoutiful model takes all" and it has a picture of 4 models as a cover
Original post by Magjam
I have created the group called "beyoutiful model takes all" please find it add yourself and lets fight them

i cant seem to find you facebook group...
Original post by Magjam

Yes please

Original post by Magjam

Yes please. Do so. I'm in
Reply 56
Original post by nicoleta1234
Yes please

Yes please. Do so. I'm in

Screenshot_20191113-141105_Facebook.jpg
Original post by salsanadhiff
hi i would like to ask, after you do the photoshoot, do they refunded the deposit money from paypal like they told on the phone?

Nevermind the 50(some people get it back) don't loose 500, 875 or more afterwords. Is a trap well organised to sell expensive photos
ah i see :frown: thanks for the info!
Reply 59
Original post by salsanadhiff
hi i would like to ask, after you do the photoshoot, do they refunded the deposit money from paypal like they told on the phone?

no they dont they make you purchase very expensive profolio!!!

Quick Reply