The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance universities

I'm applying for uni this year and I'm struggling with coming up with university choices. My predicted grades are AAA. I've got University of Leeds and University of Warwick as 2 options. Any other suggestions?

EDIT for more info: I'm looking for a big city. I take Maths, Business Studies and Religious Studies. I live in the Midlands and I'm looking to go north, preferably not London or down south.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by lostboyirwinn
I'm applying for uni this year and I'm struggling with coming up with university choices. My predicted grades are AAA. I've got University of Leeds and University of Warwick as 2 options. Any other suggestions?

I would suggest you check those universities also: City, York, Durham, Sussex, Surrey, Bath, Bristol, LSE, UCL.
Reply 2

Assuming you take a level maths bath is very strong for standard A+f degrees. Otherwise what part of the country do you want to live in? Any preferences for size of city?

You could apply to most universities with those predicted grades. Are you looking at a city or campus based university. Would you prefer a big or small city. How big an area are you looking at. Give more information to assist people to suggest options.
Original post by swanseajack1
You could apply to most universities with those predicted grades. Are you looking at a city or campus based university. Would you prefer a big or small city. How big an area are you looking at. Give more information to assist people to suggest opA

A big city in the North.
Original post by ajj2000
Assuming you take a level maths bath is very strong for standard A+f degrees. Otherwise what part of the country do you want to live in? Any preferences for size of city?

I want to look at unis in the north with big cities. And yeah I do take a level maths but I don't really want to go Bath
Reply 6
I want to look at unis in the north with big cities. And yeah I do take a level maths but I don't really want to go Bath

Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham are the obvious choices in that case. Durham worth a visit if you don’t mind taking a train to Newcastle for city attractions. I’d go and visit Warwick / Coventry to see what you think.
Chech the unifrog site. It's a site that requires a subscription but you cat but all this requirement that you want for your university and it's going to come up with results of universities that tick your boxes.
A big city in the North.

Manchester fits that bill. Birmingham again is a big city close to Warwick. Durham and Lancaster are very good universities in the North but both are small. Sheffield is a another big city in the North that is worth looking at.
Reply 9
If you don’t mind a bit further north Glasgow could be worth considering.
I would also add that I dont think Warwick is going to be for you. It is a campus university about 4 miles from Coventry so doesnt sound like what you want. Perhaps Liverpool might be a better fit or maybe Leicester. Nottingham is a good university in a fairly big city but is on a campus a couple of miles outside the city.
I would also add that I dont think Warwick is going to be for you. It is a campus university about 4 miles from Coventry so doesnt sound like what you want. Perhaps Liverpool might be a better fit or maybe Leicester. Nottingham is a good university in a fairly big city but is on a campus a couple of miles outside the city.

Thank you. I live in Nottingham and I love the city. The only thing that's putting off about Nottingham is the fact that I live there already and I want to go somewhere new but I might put it down still. I just looked at Liverpool and the course looks really good so I might put that down. Thank you :smile:
Thank you. I live in Nottingham and I love the city. The only thing that's putting off about Nottingham is the fact that I live there already and I want to go somewhere new but I might put it down still. I just looked at Liverpool and the course looks really good so I might put that down. Thank you :smile:

Is Bristol too far. A big city and a good university but Southern.
Is Bristol too far. A big city and a good university but Southern.

Yeah. I really like Bristol as well but its too far. The train tickets are expensive and my parents don't want me to go there cos it would be hard to come back home.
Yeah. I really like Bristol as well but its too far. The train tickets are expensive and my parents don't want me to go there cos it would be hard to come back home.

You could possibly go by Megabus instead £13.43 from Bristol to Nottingham 4 hours so you could get back. However many students only come back for holidays anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending