The Student Room Group

Help with IB Subject Choices for Business!!

I'm taking the IB next year and these are the subjects I am thinking of taking as I want to major in Business Administration ( particularly International Business )

Math HL, Business Management HL, Global Politics HL,
English SL, Spanish B SL, Biology SL

What do you guys think? Should I change anything? Is Math HL too hard or not necessary for business- also is global politics useless for a major in business management??

Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 1
Are you completely set on doing the IB? Do you plan to use it abroad or have another specific reason for choosing it? If not then what reason are you choosing not to do A-levels?
Reply 2
Yep, I have to do the IB lmao. Was just asking about my subject choices, hopefully you can help! :smile:

Original post by grape:)
Are you completely set on doing the IB? Do you plan to use it abroad or have another specific reason for choosing it? If not then what reason are you choosing not to do A-levels?
Reply 3
Original post by ais204
Yep, I have to do the IB lmao. Was just asking about my subject choices, hopefully you can help! :smile:

Ah it's just that I did the IB and wished I didn't bother haha. Anyway, nonetheless if you have to do it I would advise not doing HL maths because I remember my peers on the course finding it extremely hard.... plus I'm not sure how relevant it would be for business. I do wish you the best though!
Reply 4
Original post by grape:)
Ah it's just that I did the IB and wished I didn't bother haha. Anyway, nonetheless if you have to do it I would advise not doing HL maths because I remember my peers on the course finding it extremely hard.... plus I'm not sure how relevant it would be for business. I do wish you the best though!

How about global politics? Is it any good or should i not bother?
Reply 5
Original post by ais204
How about global politics? Is it any good or should i not bother?

I don't know enough to give an opinion on that sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending