The Student Room Group

Would you marry your first love?

Scroll to see replies

Some people think that because they haven’t seen much of the world or dated many people they can’t settle down with one yet. It sucks :/
Original post by Anonymous__02
Why tf would you not marry someone you love because you want to experiment 😂
Why tf would you not marry someone you love because you want to experiment 😂

A lot of young people (especially those heading off to university) have this mindset for some reason. Playing the field looks exciting until they realise how good they already had it.
Planning to whenever I meet him.
Yeah already happened to once, don’t want someone with this mindset to mess me around like this again :/
Original post by sinfonietta
A lot of young people (especially those heading off to university) have this mindset for some reason. Playing the field looks exciting until they realise how good they already had it.
Definitely for sure but God has different plans for you :wink:
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
Definitely for sure but God has different plans for you :wink:

You know someone actually has to like you for that petrol :biggrin:
First loves are special and if you've already found someone that you connect with, don't throw it away, stick together and work at it, I would.
Original post by Dunya
You know someone actually has to like you for that petrol :biggrin:

I am happy being single but ready to mingle :biggrin:
I mean, I'm very judgmental by habit and have managed to keep myself away from the usual hotpot that is teenage hormones of romance and sexual intrigue for years simply due to the fact that I always ask myself, "Do I see myself being able to live with this person every day for the rest of my life?" At age seventeen, I'm happy to say that there hasn't been a single person to elicit a positive response to that question. I'm not one to waste time in any form of relationship, so if I were to fall in love with someone it would probably be for good reason and much consideration; as such, yes, I would marry my first love - provided we are actually compatible for a life-long commitment.
Original post by Anonymous
Some people think that because they haven’t seen much of the world or dated many people they can’t settle down with one yet. It sucks :/

I don't get it? Do you need to try on every pair of shoes in a store to decide on which one you're taking home? Usually one does it lmao
No, because marriage is an ancient concept and I don't need to spend excessive amounts of money on a ceremony and a ring to prove to someone that I love them
Original post by Cryoraptor
No, because marriage is an ancient concept and I don't need to spend excessive amounts of money on a ceremony and a ring to prove to someone that I love them

Marriage doesn’t require all of that if you don’t want to
Marriage doesn’t require all of that if you don’t want to

Still doesn't remove the fact that I see no real point in it personally. If you really love someone you shouldn't need them to put a ring on your finger to prove it. If you want to marry then you marry, I'm not gonna stop anyone but I'd rather not get married to a partner because every scenario is so much easier if you're not married.
Original post by MkBabbler
I mean, I'm very judgmental by habit and have managed to keep myself away from the usual hotpot that is teenage hormones of romance and sexual intrigue for years simply due to the fact that I always ask myself, "Do I see myself being able to live with this person every day for the rest of my life?" At age seventeen, I'm happy to say that there hasn't been a single person to elicit a positive response to that question. I'm not one to waste time in any form of relationship, so if I were to fall in love with someone it would probably be for good reason and much consideration; as such, yes, I would marry my first love - provided we are actually compatible for a life-long commitment.

I’m nearly 21 and I’d have to agree with this view as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending