The Student Room Group

Rate my dating bio

[at uni, be honest, but not a dk unless it is awful, suggestions welcome 👌]

Enchilada lover, matcha tea hater.

Regularly play handball, football, badminton, tennis, volleyball, table tennis, futsal, cycling and swimming... master of none.

Can't wait to explore the rest of the world...
🇨🇳🇩🇪🇭🇺🇮🇩🇮🇹🇯🇵🇲🇾
🇲🇲🇶🇦🇸🇬🇰🇷🇨🇭🇹🇷🇻🇳
pretty bland

why not say "jack of..." if you're going to end it with "...master of none"
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
pretty bland

why not say "jack of..." if you're going to end it with "...master of none"

Fair play re the master if none, binned it.

Bland? How so, feel it covers what I'm about
Original post by Anonymous

Regularly play handball, football, badminton, tennis, volleyball, table tennis, futsal, cycling and swimming... master of none.

🇨🇳🇩🇪🇭🇺🇮🇩🇮🇹🇯🇵🇲🇾
🇲🇲🇶🇦🇸🇬🇰🇷🇨🇭🇹🇷🇻🇳

It's a bit generic; you like sport and want to travel. What's unique about you? You want to stand out.
Reply 4
5/10

I don't think dating bio's matter a whole lot however as you wanted opinions I would say yours is very bland and monotone

I can't help being a dk. It's the initials of my username.

There's already been some great advice in this threas. Photos are everything. Get professional looking glamourous photos in your profile. One with wearing business clothes and one of you doing a sport.

There's loads of different equally good styles you could use in your profile.

Try to focus on what you can do for the people reading it. What you have to offer. Painting pictures can be a powerful marketing tool. For example.

Saturday 24th June 2020, 8 PM. Imagine sitting down to a home-cooked supper of my special chicken and five bean enchiladas washed down with a nice bottle of Suvignon Blanc, whilst watching the sun go slowly down over the Adriatc from the balcony of a whitewashed apartment.
And doing so in the company of a man that doesn't ever give you any major grief. No really foul moods, no controlling behaviour, no Play Station addiction, no drugs, no smoking, no boring repetitive use of leisure time. Plenty of variety in activities, things to do, places to visit...
...Of course, not every woman that I contact on here will end up going on holiday with me. It'd be a crowded appartment if they all did. What I can promise everyone is a (no obligation whatsoever) drink and meal at the Wetherspoons on the High Street, so that we can meet in a busy public place and take things from there. How does that sound to you? Please click the message button to the left to arrange an initial meeting.

That's just one example. I'm sure it's possible to come up with something better than that. What you can do is try several different profiles and see which one gets the best results. Although be aware that the first profile when you are new to the site gets an advantage in getting the most attention. Or more likely the least least attention if you are male.
I'd pass if I saw it on an app. I wouldn't feel like I had any idea of the sort of person you are reading that. Also don't like how you phrased the part about travelling: it says to me you're the sort of person who beats around the bush rather than saying things as they are. And that's one of my biggest pet peeves in a relationship.
Pretty generic. Wouldn't have stood out to me when I was online dating, however if someone is attracted to you then it doesn't matter too much.
Imo I hate when people put too much of their interests in their bio because then you have less to talk about if you start chatting
Reply 9
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
I can't help being a dk. It's the initials of my username.

There's already been some great advice in this threas. Photos are everything. Get professional looking glamourous photos in your profile. One with wearing business clothes and one of you doing a sport.

There's loads of different equally good styles you could use in your profile.

Try to focus on what you can do for the people reading it. What you have to offer. Painting pictures can be a powerful marketing tool. For example.

Saturday 24th June 2020, 8 PM. Imagine sitting down to a home-cooked supper of my special chicken and five bean enchiladas washed down with a nice bottle of Suvignon Blanc, whilst watching the sun go slowly down over the Adriatc from the balcony of a whitewashed apartment.
And doing so in the company of a man that doesn't ever give you any major grief. No really foul moods, no controlling behaviour, no Play Station addiction, no drugs, no smoking, no boring repetitive use of leisure time. Plenty of variety in activities, things to do, places to visit...
...Of course, not every woman that I contact on here will end up going on holiday with me. It'd be a crowded appartment if they all did. What I can promise everyone is a (no obligation whatsoever) drink and meal at the Wetherspoons on the High Street, so that we can meet in a busy public place and take things from there. How does that sound to you? Please click the message button to the left to arrange an initial meeting.

That's just one example. I'm sure it's possible to come up with something better than that. What you can do is try several different profiles and see which one gets the best results. Although be aware that the first profile when you are new to the site gets an advantage in getting the most attention. Or more likely the least least attention if you are male.

Ahaha this is a whole essay, not sure any person would have the effort of reading that ngl
Original post by iFlops
Ahaha this is a whole essay, not sure any person would have the effort of reading that ngl

Yes that may be true - depending on the context.

However, advertising copy should be as long as it needs to be to say what you want to say.

I think it's really difficult to do a good job of selling oneself on a dating site in 4 lines.

Also, if there are a set of good photos that will help draw people in to the advertising copy.

It'd be interesting if you or anyone else could come with an alternative to the OP's bio.
It's easy to criticise and pick faults in what others have written. Not so easy to come up with something better yourself.
And I'm not totally convinced that what I wrote in my previous post is good enough. It was just a first draught for a bio for someone that I don't know.

🇨🇳🇩🇪🇭🇺🇮🇩🇮🇹🇯🇵🇲🇾
🇲🇲🇶🇦🇸🇬🇰🇷🇨🇭🇹🇷🇻🇳

looks like a CV for a binman... Make it flow atleast..
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Yes that may be true - depending on the context.

However, advertising copy should be as long as it needs to be to say what you want to say.

I think it's really difficult to do a good job of selling oneself on a dating site in 4 lines.

Also, if there are a set of good photos that will help draw people in to the advertising copy.

It'd be interesting if you or anyone else could come with an alternative to the OP's bio.
It's easy to criticise and pick faults in what others have written. Not so easy to come up with something better yourself.
And I'm not totally convinced that what I wrote in my previous post is good enough. It was just a first draught for a bio for someone that I don't know.

Cheers lad, some good points in your two posts. Will give it a shake up
Original post by sinfonietta
I'd pass if I saw it on an app. I wouldn't feel like I had any idea of the sort of person you are reading that. Also don't like how you phrased the part about travelling: it says to me you're the sort of person who beats around the bush rather than saying things as they are. And that's one of my biggest pet peeves in a relationship.

Beats around the bush? How so haha, the flags are the countries I have been too, my thinking was to displays I like travelling and hopefully others have been to at least one of those countries

Perhaps I misread what you meant
Original post by ratatatat
It's a bit generic; you like sport and want to travel. What's unique about you? You want to stand out.

Places I've been are not too common and all the sport I play - but yeah ik what you mean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending