The Student Room Group

What is the best way to self study?

I can`t make my mind up wethere to use khan academy or stick to comolearn youtube and pdfs, I know khan academy is american and does american type exams just like SATs and so on, but I am from Scotland uk and I can`t make my mind up wethere to use khan academy or pdfs and books.
Reply 1
It really depends on what you are trying to achieve and on your learning process. If you are studying for A levels, you could try to find more specific resources online so that the guidance is more appropriate. However, if you still can’t fully grasp a concept after you use those resources you should consider watching videos regarding that topic on khan academy. I think they really do explain things well.

Ultimately, try to identify what learning approach is better for you. For example, if you learn things quicker by watching a video and hearing somebody talking about what you should learn, then the best learning approach would be visual. On the other hand, if you find yourself learning quicker by reading stuff from a book, just get the books regarding the topics/ subjects you need to study. In general, if you can’t understand something, try to look up multiple resources that explain that specific concept until you fully grasp it.
Mind you I love reading to.
I guess I should stick to books and pdf and notes ant cosmolearn, at least to look up, because Khan academy is good but it jumps all over the place and I keep deleting my accounts there because I am not happy with the way I do it puting me off, even If I like it is good as you said before but I love takeing notes. and anothere thing if you get to a certain stage they let you do the disagnostic of the SAT wich is anoying. what i have the most trouble with is trying to calculate a simple integration sum.
I forgot to ask is there any diffrence on khan academys maths and pdfs and textbooks?
Reply 5
Original post by Scientist-to be
I forgot to ask is there any diffrence on khan academys maths and pdfs and textbooks?

If you mean to ask if there is a difference between the things they teach, I don’t believe so, Maths is Maths regardless of who explains it. However, there could be a difference in how each topic is taught and the order in which each topic is taught (e.g. the first explain vectors and then calculus or viceversa)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending