The Student Room Group

Please read!

Please take a minute to read!!!
A few weeks ago we found out that my baby nephew has stage 4 cancer, he started aggressive chemo 2 days after being diagnosed which has made more health problems rise up on the way; meaning that his mother has had to stay in hospital with him for weeks, whilst his father travels a considerably long distance from his house to the hospital and back everyday- due to them also having two young daughters which still need to go on with every day life, eg school.
Travel costs and general living fees for baby and the family are obviously a lot more now.
So I’ve just had a brain wave (as you do at 1:30am)
I’ve been with the family every single step of his journey, yet there is nothing we can really do to help, except give support- so seeing as I am an art student, I have come up with the idea of maybe doing commissions for people and donating all of the money I earn to baby and family, just to help them out so they don’t feel like they have another thing to worry about when it comes to paying for anything, I’m just wondering peoples thoughts on this? Is this a good idea? Or any advice on how I would go about it?
As I said, this was a 1:30am brain wave so not much thought has gone into it yet but I just want to help in any way that I can
Thank you
Original post by Dgriff99
Please take a minute to read!!!
A few weeks ago we found out that my baby nephew has stage 4 cancer, he started aggressive chemo 2 days after being diagnosed which has made more health problems rise up on the way; meaning that his mother has had to stay in hospital with him for weeks, whilst his father travels a considerably long distance from his house to the hospital and back everyday- due to them also having two young daughters which still need to go on with every day life, eg school.
Travel costs and general living fees for baby and the family are obviously a lot more now.
So I’ve just had a brain wave (as you do at 1:30am)
I’ve been with the family every single step of his journey, yet there is nothing we can really do to help, except give support- so seeing as I am an art student, I have come up with the idea of maybe doing commissions for people and donating all of the money I earn to baby and family, just to help them out so they don’t feel like they have another thing to worry about when it comes to paying for anything, I’m just wondering peoples thoughts on this? Is this a good idea? Or any advice on how I would go about it?
As I said, this was a 1:30am brain wave so not much thought has gone into it yet but I just want to help in any way that I can
Thank you

Hey there, so sorry to hear. I'm not sure where you could go about this but try selling your work online possibly, here's one website that I found
https://www.bonhams.com/request_an_estimate/
Reply 2
Original post by NavyBitz
Hey there, so sorry to hear. I'm not sure where you could go about this but try selling your work online possibly, here's one website that I found
https://www.bonhams.com/request_an_estimate/

Thank you so much! I’ll look into it
Reply 3
i'm really sorry to hear that. i think yeah, it could be a great idea to sell your work online or another option could be to help out in your neighbourhood and earn money from that, for example, you could do chores or babysit. if you don't like those options, my advice would be to sell clothes or stuff on the internet that you don't use anymore.. but the best option i personally think is to review things on amazon. (you will have to do a little research, there's a website that sends you offers and deals and they deliver it to you for free in exchange of a positive review).
Reply 4
Original post by samiyaaa
i'm really sorry to hear that. i think yeah, it could be a great idea to sell your work online or another option could be to help out in your neighbourhood and earn money from that, for example, you could do chores or babysit. if you don't like those options, my advice would be to sell clothes or stuff on the internet that you don't use anymore.. but the best option i personally think is to review things on amazon. (you will have to do a little research, there's a website that sends you offers and deals and they deliver it to you for free in exchange of a positive review).

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending