The Student Room Group

What are your plans for New Years Eve/Day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alesha1991
Not sure yet, but I've been talking with a few friends about maybe going up to Edinburgh & celebrating the New Year there.

Tell people that are against the torture of billions of animals that they are pathetic?
I have no idea tbh. I might go out but I'm not sure
Me and my husband will be in our new flat then with our cats so we will probably still be settling in but I imagine we will have a few drinks and watch Scotch and Wry on Hogmanay. New Years Day will probably just be spent in bed hungover :laugh:
Original post by RogerOxon
I'm coming back to the UK for Christmas, and will be in Oxford for the new year. Looking forward to walking around the city - it's been a while.

Where you at currently?
Original post by J0n3zviper
Where you at currently?

California.
I know we arenā€™t even in December yet but surely people have a rough idea? My plan is to be asleep like every year tbh.. I will decline all invites to attend anywhere and in all honesty all my mates are now settled down (me included) so GFs probably wouldnā€™t even let us out anyway.

Treat it like any other day because I literally won't get invited to anything

#depression
I will be home so probably stay in with my dad and brother, have some bubbly at midnight then bed for 12.15.

I've not celebrated in years. The past 3 years I've been asleep before midnight.
Reply 27
Original post by guiltyintrovert
Treat it like any other day because I literally won't get invited to anything

#depression

I feel you. if you want to talk dm me.
Reply 28
Original post by Precious Illusions
I will be home so probably stay in with my dad and brother, have some bubbly at midnight then bed for 12.15.

I've not celebrated in years. The past 3 years I've been asleep before midnight.

Hi precious, may i ask if your male or female. the reason is youve commented on my posts and ive commented on other posts and youve also replied.

You have insightful answers but if you dont want to give your gender its kl.
Reply 29
I know we arenā€™t even in December yet but surely people have a rough idea? My plan is to be asleep like every year tbh.. I will decline all invites to attend anywhere and in all honesty all my mates are now settled down (me included) so GFs probably wouldnā€™t even let us out anyway.

try to sleep while firework r continueously going on out my window has been like this every yr of my life
Original post by yepyep7
Hi precious, may i ask if your male or female. the reason is youve commented on my posts and ive commented on other posts and youve also replied.

Female.
Original post by yepyep7

*Yepyep8 casually attempting to slide into DMs*
šŸ˜‚

I wish I could sleep before midnight on New Yearā€™s Eve but my family hosts parties every year...
Original post by CTLeafez
šŸ˜‚

In that case...I'm male. And far too old for majority of users on TSR regardless.
I wish I could sleep before midnight on New Yearā€™s Eve but my family hosts parties every year...

I live alone thank God and in recent years have been working etc on NYE so just gotten home and got straight into bed. Thankfully my family have never been big into NYE either so it's a quiet celebration.
Reply 34
Female.

Thanks and no leaf, this is the internet, not everybody is a troll lol. i know you didnt mean that. new years gets grim when your older, instagram makes me feel depressed lol
church crossover service!!!
Original post by yepyep7
Thanks and no leaf, this is the internet, not everybody is a troll lol. i know you didnt mean that. new years gets grim when your older, instagram makes me feel depressed lol

No leaf?

I avoid most social media. NYE etc has never really meant anything to me tbh.
Reply 37
Original post by yepyep7
Probably Just sit in, wake up the next morning and realise its 2020 and im nowhere near what i wanted to do in my career, or see any of the things i wanted to see.

Then il go on instagram and compare my life to everybody else, even those younger who have see more than i planned to see by now.

#depressed

sounds nice
šŸ˜‚

They are easy to slide into, no lube required :sexface:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
They are easy to slide into, my lube required :sexface:

Umm Iā€™m sorry... What?

Quick Reply

Latest