The Student Room Group

I have £96,000 in the stock market, AMA.

Alright I'm back, after a while. Still riding my investments. Probably not going to get to my £100k target for the year, unless if the US market rips higher. £2500 still to add before the year ends, so will finish the year with £98500 in the market if I don't realise any more gains.

AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Isn't this the third thread you created of being on 96? Also, wasn't you at £96k two months ago? Looking at the stocks and how much they have differentiated from that time to today, your core investment value should have changed.

I'll give you a chance to explain yourself before calling fake news.
Original post by Xarao
Isn't this the third thread you created of being on 96? Also, wasn't you at £96k two months ago? Looking at the stocks and how much they have differentiated from that time to today, your core investment value should have changed.

I'll give you a chance to explain yourself before calling fake news.

Not with sterling rising.
Oh, you're back.

1. Do you purely use Freetrade or do you use HL?
2. As the GBP has risen drastically, is your portfolio mainly based on UK stocks?
3. Your investments were valued at £96K about two months ago, what about your dividends received?
4. Have you invested in FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 in Oct - if not why?
5. Are you highly invested in popular tech companies e.g. TSLA, APPL, AMZN and so on?
Any tips?
How much money did you start with?
Original post by ericl3ung
Oh, you're back.

1. Do you purely use Freetrade or do you use HL?
2. As the GBP has risen drastically, is your portfolio mainly based on UK stocks?
3. Your investments were valued at £96K about two months ago, what about your dividends received?
4. Have you invested in FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 in Oct - if not why?
5. Are you highly invested in popular tech companies e.g. TSLA, APPL, AMZN and so on?

1. Both, since it is lot of hassle to move money between ISA brokers. Also I like having more than one broker incase one goes bust and my money is tied up by administrators till everything is resolved.
2. It is 65% US and 35% UK, I have to keep some UK stocks as a hedge to GBP rising. Out of the 35% UK most of it is Greggs.
3. The includes dividend reinvestment, I don't get much in dividends (around £1300 a year) because a lot of my stocks don't pay a dividend like Square or pay very little dividend like Visa.
4. Not in any index, I just stock pick. Not trying to get a market return, but beat the market.
5. Yes, AAPL, GOOG, FB, V
Original post by Kutie Karen
Any tips?

If you insist on timing your purchase of stocks, be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful.
Original post by ThirdBack
How much money did you start with?

I would say at least £25k of what I have is profit.
Reply 9
Title should have been "I underperformed against the market, AMA".
Reply 10
Original post by maachu_pichuu

AMA.

Why do you want people to ask you things?

Who are you voting for?
Reply 11
If you insist on timing your purchase of stocks, be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful.

Are others fearful or greedy about Apple, Facebook and Alphabet?
Can you give some real useful tips
lmao this thread again :lol:
Original post by Quady
Why do you want people to ask you things?

Who are you voting for?

It's a chance to dispel some finance knowledge, I normally vote Conservative but I am open to a Labour government who isn't trying to bankrupt the country (no Corbyn please). I wouldn't mind a Ed Milliband style government as long as they controlled immigration.
Original post by Quady
Are others fearful or greedy about Apple, Facebook and Alphabet?

Apple is overbought, Facebook is fair value, Alphabet is fair value.
Original post by Reue
Title should have been "I underperformed against the market, AMA".

lol, I agree Square has gone nowhere, but Apple and Greggs have been on a tear. If anything, I have been hit by sterling rising a lot.

I have £98,000 now either way, Greggs has done well today and I have 950 shares of Greggs

Ooh, that’s a very good tip, that also follows what a lot of people have done in the past as well
Alright I'm back, after a while. Still riding my investments. Probably not going to get to my £100k target for the year, unless if the US market rips higher. £2500 still to add before the year ends, so will finish the year with £98500 in the market if I don't realise any more gains.

AMA.

What are the 16 digits on your bank card and the 3/4 digits at the back? Asking for a friend
Original post by Oriiiiro
What are the 16 digits on your bank card and the 3/4 digits at the back? Asking for a friend

My friend is also interested 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending