The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Need to know about entry requirements for Keele University?

Ask away!
Will Keele continue to drop their clearing offers lower and lower comparative to the initial entry requirements/typical offers during the normal application period?

Will Keele continue offering out "unconditional if firm" offers?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador
Ask away!

On average how do your advertised entry requirements stack up to the average entry tariff achieved by students who enrol in the Uni?

Approximately what percentage of students meet or exceed the advertised requirement based off their top 3 A-levels?
Original post by mnot
On average how do your advertised entry requirements stack up to the average entry tariff achieved by students who enrol in the Uni?

Approximately what percenage of students meet or exceed the advertised requirement based off their top 3 A-levels?

Hi there! Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your question. However, I have forwarded it on to someone who may be able to help!
Original post by 04MR17
Will Keele continue to drop their clearing offers lower and lower comparative to the initial entry requirements/typical offers during the normal application period?

Will Keele continue offering out "unconditional if firm" offers?

I have forwarded this message on to someone that may be able to help answer this query!
Original post by 04MR17

Will Keele continue offering out "unconditional if firm" offers

Original post by mnot

Approximately what percentage of students meet or exceed the advertised requirement based off their top 3 A-levels?

Unfortunately, we are only aware of the entry requirements per the details on the university website so I can’t answer your query properly.
Reply 6
Ask away!

Hi Everyone,I have exactly the same question as another person,why CCC for English Literature Degree when Keele is usually BBB for other courses.It makes Keele seem more of a UCAS back up/safe choice option rather than an aspirational or first choice Uni.I feel Keele might just lose out on applicants if the only reason for lowering admissions grades to CCC is to try to attract them with a low offer ??
Original post by carlew
Hi Everyone,I have exactly the same question as another person,why CCC for English Literature Degree when Keele is usually BBB for other courses.It makes Keele seem more of a UCAS back up/safe choice option rather than an aspirational or first choice Uni.I feel Keele might just lose out on applicants if the only reason for lowering admissions grades to CCC is to try to attract them with a low offer ??

Hi there.

Unfortunately I’m not in control or have any input into the entry grades so i’m not really able to answer your question. :frown:
Original post by carlew

Ignore the grades and just pick the uni you prefer (even if that means putting down a lower grade uni as your firm choice) if you put firm & you get the grades you definitely go their, its not the case if you dont do this.

Also just for clarification my question wasnot the same, I was interested about students relative performance who get accepted relative to the advertised offers of the total enrolment pool (many uni often have shocking gulfs in the stats & as Keele were offering to answer questions I thought id ask, they just dont make this data available yet)
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
Ignore the grades and just pick the uni you prefer (even if that means putting down a lower grade uni as your firm choice) if you put firm & you get the grades you definitely go their, its not the case if you dont do this.

Also just for clarification my question wasnot the same, I was interested about students relative performance who get accepted relative to the advertised offers of the total enrolment pool (many uni often have shocking gulfs in the stats & as Keele were offering to answer questions I thought id ask, they just dont make this data available yet)

Hi and Thanks for input and I do appreciate what you are saying.However I am still of course curious as to why virtually every degree at Keele has BBB + as entry requirements but English only has CCC,surely that would make some people question it,regarding quality of course,is it under subscribed,etc.I'll email Keele directly and see what they say :smile:

Also I was not actually referring to your question when I said someone else has asked the same question as me.The other question was pretty much identical to mine but on a different Student Room thread about English Lit,again thanks for your answer though :smile:
Reply 10
Hi there.

Unfortunately I’m not in control or have any input into the entry grades so i’m not really able to answer your question. :frown:

Thanks for reply,bit of a funny question I know :smile: I'll email admin directly and see if they know anything :smile:
Original post by carlew
Thanks for reply,bit of a funny question I know :smile: I'll email admin directly and see if they know anything :smile:

Its probably most likely the best way for the university to fill the course with students, some unis can rely on their pull factor. For example Economics @ Oxford will never have to worry about running out of students so its a question of selecting students they deem to be of the highest academic quality. Other unis dont have this luxury hence have to find a balance between setting grades that assure quality, yet still get enough students to fulfil their revenue requirement.

The poorer the uni the more they are reliant on undergrad students, the more reliant they are on undergrad students the more they are willing to lower grades, add newer courses etc. Its the reality of the system, but not every Uni can be reliant on large funding from the councils, industry, alumni, governments etc. (the reality is the top research unis are the only ones who have the ability to sacrifice student numbers, every other uni views students as £9.25K / year)
Original post by carlew

No problem, that’s probably the best idea!
Is they any chance of getting into computer science
With two a levels at grade C and a distinction in IT Cambridge technicals?
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there! Looking online at the entry requirements, you may just be under what they want. However, universities often make a lot of exceptions so i’m going to e-mail the admissions team now and see if they will consider what you have! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Someone got into our computer science class through clearing with AEE. I guess it depends on how many people have applied.

Quick Reply

Latest